Card Trading Tips for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a fun, interactive game that Walt Disney World guests can play while while spending time in the Magic Kingdom. Sorcerers Spell Cards are given out in small packs at the Firehouse Recruiting Station, and guests may obtain one pack a day, per park ticket. With these cards, guests are directed to head out into the park and fight evil. The spells in each pack have been grouped together randomly, so in order to complete your pack of spell cards, you'll most likely need to participate in card trading. Trading is an essential part of the game and is your chance to be social and interact with other players as you race through the magic kingdom defeating the Disney Villains.

Card Trading Tips for Sorcerers of the Magic KingdomCard Trading Tips for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Card Trading is Quite Simple:.

1. Find another player and ask them if they might be interested in trading cards with you.
  2. Take a look at what the trading partner has, and let them look at the cards you're willing to trade.
  3. Let them know which trade you would like to make. Be sure to use clear language.
  4. If they agree, you've made a trade! If not, ask them what they would be interested in and consider that. You don't have to make every trade proposed.

Sampling of Sorcerers CardsSampling of Sorcerers Cards

• Be polite when approaching other Sorcerers to Trade. Standing in line while both of you are waiting for your turn, or at Tortuga Tavern are great places to say hello. If the person you approach doesn't want to trade, just say thank you and continue to wait for your turn.

• Make A Fair Deal. Be aware that you may be trading with children who don't really have a concept of strategy. It's best not to take advantage of the situation and responsible adult players should propose a trade that will be beneficial to both parties. When trading with youth sorcerers it's best to stick with a 1 for 1 card trade.

• Dedicated players may want to carry a couple extra common cards specifically for the purpose of trading with kids. There's no harm in keeping doubles, especially of common cards so that you can trade or give away. If you can help out other young Sorcerers and create some extra magic it makes it more fun for all.

• It can be helpful to keep your duplicate cards in a separate deck so that you know which ones you are willing to part with.

The Fairy Godmother's Pumpkin Bash, Rare Star CardThe Fairy Godmother's Pumpkin Bash, Rare Star Card
Trading Tips:

I love the card trading aspect of this game and think that it's a great way to get involved even if you're not really interested in the game play. Will you be picking up a set every time you're at the Magic Kingdom? I know I will! What do you think about the social card trading aspect of this fun new attraction? Leave a comment and let me know!

Mase wrote on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 12:33:

Mase's picture

Come in November, my wife and I have a plan to try to get them all to complete the set. At least were hoping so... lol

JennMia83 wrote on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 21:15:

JennMia83's picture

Card trading is a fun way to get to talk to people that you otherwise wouldn't. I have AP so I'm there all the time and always pick up a pack of cards. We try and play at least one portal every time we're there. While we wait, we trade cards and help pass the time while other sorcerers are playing :-)

Mickeyonmymind wrote on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 05:34:

Mickeyonmymind's picture

My husband and I spent the last week playing and trading. We ran into a mix of people we enjoyed trading with and those who told us straight out that they had taken good cards from kids who didn't know it was a bad trade. We finished our set and plan on going to MK tomorrow before we fly home to RAK our extra cards. Loved it but can see some of the negatives creeping in already as well.

Kristen K. wrote on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 12:31:

That's so sad to hear. I think that it's important to remember that this is supposed to be fun for everyone. Adults taking advantage of kids like that isn't a game problem, it's a larger societal issue and really makes me cringe. Shame on them.

Carrie W. wrote on Tue, 11/20/2012 - 20:10:

Carrie W.'s picture

Love collecting, trading, and buying the trading cards! I have been helped out by lots of children giving me advice on how to defeat the villians! It's a lot of fun and creates "magical" moments for everyone!

katwoman108 wrote on Wed, 01/09/2013 - 21:27:

katwoman108's picture

I have to say we have had such a good time with SoMK on our last visit in November. We really had no idea how to play but did it anyway. A couple was in Gaston's and saw my son with his cards and asked if we wanted to trade. They explained about rare cards and how to get extra power boosts. (Not that I really get it yet) BUT, they were so nice and we had some cards they needed. My son is 5 so they traded us about 21 cards (all their doubles) for 4 others, 2 were rare ones. My son was happy as a lark at all the new cards he got. Can't wait to go back next week and get more cards and continue our adventure!

cindi wrote on Sat, 04/13/2013 - 17:20:

cindi's picture

We have found it easiest to go to the stand in the Liberty Square behind the christmas shop. They aren't as packed. We take our duplicates with us and usually find someone who is just starting out and give them a couple. We really don't play much but we do collect the cards!!

John wrote on Mon, 02/06/2017 - 02:18:

John's picture

What would be a cash price value for a complete 80 card set with 4 game boards instructions and tokens?

Kristen K. wrote on Tue, 02/07/2017 - 00:10:

Hi John, I honestly have no idea. You might want to check out EBay to see what folks are selling them for there, or give Disney merchandising a call.