Send A Digital Postcard From Epcot

Postcards may be the world's most popular collectible, but at Epcot you have the option of moving your correspondence into the future! At the end of the Spaceship Earth attraction, Siemens' Project Tomorrow gives you the opportunity to send a digital hello to the folks back home.

Project Tomorrow Video Email CenterProject Tomorrow Video Email Center
While enjoying the ride on Spaceship Earth you are given the opportunity to create a future just for you! After having your picture taken and answering questions about things you like to do, the computer creates a customized video vision for your future.

That vision might look something like this:

Wouldn't that be a fun future to have? I need a home office like that one! As you exit the ride and enter Project Tomorrow, you can send your custom vision back home to loved ones in the form of a digital postcard!

You Become Part of the PostcardMy Husband Picked a Ski Vacation for Our Postcard
Taking a minute to say "Hi" to the folks back home is fun and easy to do!

1. Step Up to a Computer Terminal
  2. Select Your Image
  3. Enter Your Email Address
  4. Enter Your Friend's Email Address
  5. Send a Glimpse into the Future

These silly greetings make for one of my favorite stops at Epcot! I always make a video to send home to whoever I have left behind. Though it's not quite the same as a real postcard, It's a great way to let them know I'm okay and having fun. Have you sent a message home from the future? Leave a comment and tell me about your vision for the future!

JeffC wrote on Fri, 10/28/2011 - 00:44:

JeffC's picture

We have!!! This is sooo much fun. I laugh every time we do it.

I can't recall the specifics, but our vision somehow involved me breaking my leg downhill skiing and some robotfix of my broken leg. WE ended up on the couch drinking hot chocolate.

The pictures were a hoot. This is one of my favorite stops as well :)

Kristen K. wrote on Sat, 10/29/2011 - 16:16:

It's one of my favorite stops too!

Fernando wrote on Fri, 11/04/2011 - 19:58:

Fernando's picture

i have sent the postcards before, but unfortunately it always ended up in my contacts junk email folder, so when I got back home and asked them about it, none of them had seen it! A bit of a fail but the concept is great.

Arod wrote on Mon, 06/09/2014 - 02:11:

Arod's picture

How do you download the video from the email, all it does is send me to this website: http://m.sse.disney.go.com/tablet/? Please help.

Kristen K. wrote on Mon, 06/09/2014 - 17:26:

Hi Arod - in the past the email that Disney send had the video link it in. I haven't been down there recently so I'm not sure if the process has changed at all.

Ben wrote on Fri, 05/08/2015 - 22:27:

Ben's picture

Literally just received the email containing our postcard video for spaceship earth but it says 'your post card has expired' we only went today ..and clicked on the email as soon as it arrived how would it have expired already? :(

Bill wrote on Wed, 06/03/2015 - 02:58:

Bill's picture

Ben, had the same problem with an email from them on 5/30. Have you had any luck?

KatieS wrote on Sat, 06/06/2015 - 02:27:

KatieS's picture

Anyone have luck with their expired post cards? Received my email just 2 hours ago and my video post card has expired.

Eva wrote on Mon, 02/06/2017 - 20:03:

Eva's picture

Got my email today and it brings me to a webpage that says "click here", but when I do I get a blank page that says "loading" but never does? I've tried several times and no luck. I am on a Mac and thinking this is the problem Any suggestions?

Kristen K. wrote on Tue, 02/07/2017 - 00:05:

Hi Eva, I've got no insight into the Disney's back end tech. However as a Mac user myself, I know that sometimes I have to use different browsers such a Google Chrome.

B wrote on Tue, 08/29/2017 - 17:11:

B's picture

Hi, I was wondering if the video postcard sent is a generic video or the one you created during the ride? I'm asking because it says "download your personalized video," but it's the same as the one on this website so it's not personalized. Thank you!

Kristen K. wrote on Tue, 08/29/2017 - 17:39:

Hey B! That's a good question. At one point in time they were personalized, I'm not sure what it is doing at the moment. The sponsorship with Siemens is coming to an end right now, and the contract was not renewed. I'm not entirely sure what state that leaves this part of the attraction in.