180 days is today

Login to post comments
16 posts / 0 new
BarbaraB's picture
180 days is today

We play it by ear for breakfast and lunch and only make reservations for dinner. Here's what I booked:

Day 1- California Grill (MK closes at 8:00. Dinner's at 6:55. Hoping to be able to view Wishes, then head over to EPCOT for EMH from 9:00-11:00 crossfingers )
Day 2- Victoria & Albert's (celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary muchlove )
Day 3- Heading to Universal. May just eat dinner over there. If not, I might try to get an ADR at Flying Fish or Kouzzina and spend the evening hours strolling the Boardwalk.
Day 4- Be Our Guest (I soooooo want to eat in one of the Castles, and I think Cinderella's Royal Table may have too many kids there to be able to enjoy our meal.)
Day 5- Yachtsman Steakhouse

If any of you have eaten dinner at both BOG and CRT, please tell me your thoughts on both. Keep in mind it'll just be DH and I, no kids.

~ Barb ~

Nice that is an All-Star lineup awesome

Allie's picture

Dang those sound like some good ressies! I would definitely pick Flying Fish over anything at Universal. There are a few good options out on the City Walk, but the park food is pretty average.

BarbaraB's picture

Yeah, Allie...I'm hoping not to eat at Universal. All the "restaurants" over there are pretty much chain restaurants, which I try to avoid when I'm on vacation.

We have the Deluxe Dining plan, which is 3 meals and 2 snacks per person per day. On the days my husband goes golfing, breakfast for both of us will probably be a snack or two...an apple and a yogurt or something like that. Then we'll meet up somewhere for lunch. If we pay out-of-pocket for a couple QS lunches (and V&A's, which doesn't accept DDP), we should have enough credits for all the 2-TS dinners.

~ Barb ~

Hey Barb I had dinner in BOG last September. I loved it. The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was great. I had the leak potato soup, the salmon entree and the grey stuff for dessert-the grey stuff was just okay. As my friend and I were eating the Beast made his entrance and we had our picture taken with him. I would definitely eat there again.

JoAnn C's picture

I love CRT. I've eaten there three times - twice for breakfast and once for dinner. Dinner was the only time I was there with a kid (my friend's 9 year old niece). Dinner was really good there. I've had dinner at BOG twice. Love it there too. You can't go wrong with either one.

Magic Days's picture

Congratulations on 21 years. They are all great reservations. We loved BOG. Make sure you wear your badges all week the cast really tries to celebrate with you.

MrHub's picture

Looks good Barbara. CRT is really good for dinner, much better then breakfast IMO. BOG is good for dinner too though. I love the mussels. Cali Grill is deffinetly a winner and V & A, that was the biggest wow I ever had in WDW. My wife Scrappy gave that to me for my birthday two years ago, wow that went fast.

Yachtsman is a good choice too, although the Flying Fish is excellent as well, really my choice over the two.

I do think BOG is much louder then CRT. If you were never in either, do BOG.

Also congrats on the 21 years.

jhugo's picture

Great choices for food. Looks like you are going to have an amazing trip! Can't wait to read the trip report when you get back. awesome

oldtink's picture

Magic Days wrote:
Congratulations on 21 years. They are all great reservations. We loved BOG. Make sure you wear your badges all week the cast really tries to celebrate with you.

We are at 31years and our friends traveling with are at 45. It just keeps getting better! So congrats on the milestone. My husband is willing to use a fake id that says the day we are at BOG is his birthday so he can order the "gray stuff". From what I hear, you don't have to try that hard, but it delicious!

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

BarbaraB's picture

Thank you, all, for your input. With the exception of V&A, I tried to make dinner reservations at places we've never eaten before. I tend to eat at the same places every trip, but this time I'm trying to break out of my comfort zone.

~ Barb ~

kathys's picture

Good for you. I know it isn't easy to come out of your comfort zone but in this I don't see how you can fail. clapping

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Allie's picture

oldtink wrote:
Magic Days wrote:

We are at 31years and our friends traveling with are at 45. It just keeps getting better! So congrats on the milestone. My husband is willing to use a fake id that says the day we are at BOG is his birthday so he can order the "gray stuff". From what I hear, you don't have to try that hard, but it delicious!

You can purchase the grey stuff now, it is no longer required to be there for a special event. You also can get the celebration pins from guest services that say you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, etc. without any sort of ID or proof. Lots of people celebrate events at Disney that may not necessarily occur over the stay of their trip.

h0ney227's picture

I thought BOG was pretty loud. The food was good. I got the Lamb, it was really fatty so there wasn't much to it, other than that though it was good.

The Colonel's picture

BarbaraB wrote:
We play it by ear for breakfast and lunch and only make reservations for dinner. Here's what I booked:

Day 1- California Grill (MK closes at 8:00. Dinner's at 6:55. Hoping to be able to view Wishes, then head over to EPCOT for EMH from 9:00-11:00 crossfingers )
Day 2- Victoria & Albert's (celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary muchlove )
Day 3- Heading to Universal. May just eat dinner over there. If not, I might try to get an ADR at Flying Fish or Kouzzina and spend the evening hours strolling the Boardwalk.
Day 4- Be Our Guest (I soooooo want to eat in one of the Castles, and I think Cinderella's Royal Table may have too many kids there to be able to enjoy our meal.)
Day 5- Yachtsman Steakhouse

If any of you have eaten dinner at both BOG and CRT, please tell me your thoughts on both. Keep in mind it'll just be DH and I, no kids.

Today was 180 days for me too. I have V&A for 9/21

I prefer the food at CRT to BOG, and the castle is pretty cool from the inside too.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Hope you enjoy V&A as much as we did last year. It was a totally unique experience.