1900 Park Fare Review

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture
1900 Park Fare Review

I have breakfast on the brain. Imagine that Smile

We're under the 180 day mark for DD's bday, and we need to book. I think we were tossing around 1900 Park Fare, the Disney Food Blog's latest review is not so great.

What have your experiences been? We ate there a few years back and, other than the noise, enjoyed it.

Mase's picture

Hate to say it, but we havent been. But this is just my opinion...

When it comes to character dining. Hanging with the characters comes before the food. I know us as parents and the one paying for it all... we want some good food. Its only fare right? lol! But I know whenever we decide to take our kids to one, were going to pick on which one has the best characters, whether its princesses or Lilo and Stitch and such. But thats just me though.

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

I have to say it is my least favorite of all of the character breakfasts. The food is basically the same in all of them so it really comes down to the characters and the layout of the restaurant.

Bella's picture

If I remember correctly you want to do a non-park Princess meal correct? I cannot remember if the princesses were a must.
Ok, so for out of the parks...that is pretty much your only option as far as princesses go.

If you can do the parks Akershus is actually pretty good. We went there for dinner..the food was not that great but the princesses were wonderful...and by not that great I mean..it was weird. I have heard that the breakfast menu is a bit more traditional.

If Mickey and the gang are OK I suggest Ohana for outside of the parks. The breakfast is delicious and the characters are amazing. Also, it is not a buffet so you dont have to keep getting up and down and worry about missing the characters. Cape May might be another good one. I am assuming you know and have probably done Chef Mickey's before since you worked at the Contemporary. laugh

mickey Bella

mitchejj's picture

Just my two cents on 1900 Park Fare... I've done 1900 for both breakfast (fall 2010) and dinner (winter 2009). Personally I didn't care for either of them that much. If I had to pick I would have to say the breakfast was the better of the two meals. It really is hard to mess up breakfast. However, the reason you go 1900 isn't for the food, you go for the characters. I had a late reservation for breakfast and the characters where a tad slow to make their way around. The where all what you would expect friendly... but to see all the characters we had to wait another 30 minutes after we finished our meal... total seating time 90 minutes.

I have also done the Ohana breakfast (winter 2009) and I thought that was 100x better than 1900 Park Fare for both the food and the character interaction... and I'm not a Stich fan.

1900 Park dinner, well it seemed full of tired, hungry and cranky children. The food was average at best, but the character interaction experience was far better than my breakfast experience.

Lizzy_B's picture

Thanks, Mitchejj! Yes, I agree. There is truly something off putting about the space - not enough natural light and too loud. I'm amazed that it's located in such a beautiful hotel, when it has such a cafeteria feel.

ChipnDaleFan's picture

I went to Park Fare this summer for breakfast and I really don't think I would go back. It was crowded, noisy, and we had to sit waiting for 35 minutes after eating to see the remaining characters (since we went there to see alice and the mad hatter). It wasn't bad- the food was decent and atmosphere pretty but it was slower than the other character meal locations.

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Bella's picture

So Lizzy B..what have you decided??

mickey Bella