2011 Food & Wine Booths

Login to post comments
40 posts / 0 new
JoAnn C's picture
2011 Food & Wine Booths

A couple of weeks ago, someone asked what the prices are for the food and drinks sold at the Food & Wine Festival. The DFB is starting to post pictures of the menus. Keep checking as more pictures will be added.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-and-menus/

Lizzy_B's picture

Ooh - thanks, Joann! This is awesome for making advance plans Smile

Kristen K.'s picture

I'm so excited!!! yay

I think we're going to hit Hawaii first thing, I am dying for one of the Kulua Pork Sliders!

JoAnn C's picture

All the menus have been updated with the prices.

Lizzy_B's picture

Kristen- totally!

So, what is everyone else most looking forward to? We're really excited about the revamped Mexico menu. And I love, love Germany! And Belgium, and Argentina, and Canada, and Ireland, and Australia, and America, and and and... mickey

Skunk's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Kristen- totally!

So, what is everyone else most looking forward to? We're really excited about the revamped Mexico menu. And I love, love Germany! And Belgium, and Argentina, and Canada, and Ireland, and Australia, and America, and and and... mickey

Agreed!! T-5 days to F&W.............looking forward to the Swan/Dolphin Classic too!

crazycatperson's picture

Australia, Caribbean, Mexico, Scandinavia, China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, Morocco, Belgium, France, Canada, Greece, and Hawaii. This isn't everything I want to try, just my highest priorities. Good thing I'm planning to spend two full days at Epcot.

ATLDawg's picture

I'm most looking forward to the Brewer's Collection booth near Germany. Once it hits your lips... it's so good!

Catherine's picture

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I so wish I was going!

Bella's picture

Oh my...I'm actually a little disappointed in Hawaii..I was hoping for something more..I wouldn't want either of those things...except that drink..that I'd take no worries!!!

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Well I think the Hawaii booth looks pretty good. I'm dying to try one of those Kalua Pork Sliders and the Tuna Poke, also the Tiki Mai Tai!, Burp! awesome biggrin wink Drunk

crazycatperson's picture

Okay, the F&W festival is on...any reports from those who were there over the weekend? Please? I've still got a month before I get there and I'd love some info.

Kristen K.'s picture

So, I was a little disappointed with the pork sliders. My favorite boothe ended up being Morocco, and the Beef Kefta Pockets. They were awesome! We went back to that booth twice, and there was usually no line. Folks were totally missing out.

crazycatperson's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
So, I was a little disappointed with the pork sliders. My favorite boothe ended up being Morocco, and the Beef Kefta Pockets. They were awesome! We went back to that booth twice, and there was usually no line. Folks were totally missing out.

Did you, or anyone in your party, try the Harissa chicken roll at the Morocco booth? I've got that on my list of must-tries.

shonkiesgirl's picture

I went last year. I didn't feel like I got the full experience. Oh how I would love to go back and partake in EVERY booth.

JoAnn C's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

I had the kefta pocket last year. It was good.

Kristen K. wrote:

Did you try Argentina? The beef skewer with chimichurri sauce on it, and the beef empanadas were a huge hit with our group. I voted those as the best that I tried.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Lizzy_B's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Did you try Argentina? The beef skewer with chimichurri sauce on it, and the beef empanadas were a huge hit with our group. I voted those as the best that I tried.

Zz.

ZZ - those have always been some of my faves.

I've only gotten to "spot hit" a few booths so far. DH partied while I was running the other nite, and gave hi marks to Singapore and Germany (I concur with Germany from previous years, but haven't done the Singapore stops that I can remember.) I was in Epcot for a couple of hours for an event last night, and managed to hit Ireland for the Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie - excellent! Hot, fresh, like a lobster bisque topped with whipped potatoes. I also had a huge piece of lobster claw meat, and the portion was substantial. High marks. (It's sideways. But you get the gist.)

We'll be back for at least one more trip later on - probably end of month/beginning of Nov. Y'all will have all the deets by then...but if anything jumps out at me, I'll post.

PreviewAttachmentSize
fishermans_pie.jpg
fishermans_pie.jpg94.52 KB

Kristen K.'s picture

ZapperZ wrote:

Zz.

No, we didn't get there, bu tit sounds fantastic!

Kristen K.'s picture

crazycatperson wrote:

Did you, or anyone in your party, try the Harissa chicken roll at the Morocco booth? I've got that on my list of must-tries.

No, we didn't. If it was even half as good as the Kefta though, I'm sure that you'll love it!

SoloFriendly's picture

That Lobster pie sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it! Singapore is on my list, too, mainly because it's been years since I've had a Singapore Sling. That used to be my favorite drink! awesome

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Bella's picture

mrhub wrote:
Well I think the Hawaii booth looks pretty good. I'm dying to try one of those Kalua Pork Sliders and the Tuna Poke, also the Tiki Mai Tai!, Burp! awesome biggrin wink Drunk

I'm not a pork person so that is probably why!

We had the Kefta Pocket on our honeymoon..oh yum!

mickey Bella

Skunk's picture

After 2 days, my top 5 would be:

Tuna and Salmon Sensation
Beef Empanada
Brazil's National Dish - Feijoada (a Black Bean and Pork Stew)
Jerk-spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Salsa
Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream

Not far behind:

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
Ropa Vieja (braised beef) with White Rice
Goulash Suppe
Xinjiang Barbecue Chicken Stick

Going back for lunch today, and will be sure to try the kefta pocket and chicken roll in Morocco.

@ SoloFriendly.....tried the Singapore Sling last year. Might be the strongest mixed drink I ever had. Yesterday I heard someone say in passing, "Singapore Sling is pure alcohol", so I don't think they have changed the recipe.

SoloFriendly's picture

Skunk wrote:

@ SoloFriendly.....tried the Singapore Sling last year. Might be the strongest mixed drink I ever had. Yesterday I heard someone say in passing, "Singapore Sling is pure alcohol", so I don't think they have changed the recipe.

That's probably why it was my favorite! laugh
I'm kind of a lightweight now, though; not sure I can handle it.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

JoAnn C's picture

Here is the list of things I want to try. I copied this from DFB and narrowed it down. It was not an easy task. There will adult beverages as well. I'll see what I'm in the mood for while I'm there.

Argentina, Introduced: 1996
* Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree"$5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Australia, Introduced: 1997
* Grilled Lamb Chop with Potato-Goat Cheese Salad and Shiraz Reduction"$5.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Belgium, Introduced: 2010
* Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream"$3.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Brazil, Introduced: 1996
* Brazil's National Dish " Feijoada (a Black Bean and Pork Stew)"$2.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Caribbean Islands, Introduced 2011 <" New!
* Ropa Vieja (Braised Beef) with White Rice"$3.50, DDP Snack Eligible

Desserts & Champagne, Introduced: 2000
* Dessert Trio"$3.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Germany, Introduced: 1996
* Nurnberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll"$4.50, DDP Snack Eligible

Greece, Introduced: 1996
* Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey"$3.25, DDP Snack Eligible

Hawaii, Introduced: 2011 <" New!
* Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise"$3.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Italy, Introduced: 1996
* Ravioli Di Formaggio All'Emiliana (Baked Cheese Ravioli with Creamy Beef Bolognese Sauce, Parmesan Cheese, Melted Mozzarella)"$4.50, DDP Snack Eligible
* Cannolo Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Covered Cannoli Shell Filled with Sweet Ricotta Cheese, Chocolate, and Candied Fruit)-$3.50, DDP Snack Eligible

Morocco, Introduced: 1996
* Harissa Chicken Roll"$4.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Scandinavia, Introduced: <" New!
* Swedish Meatballs with Lingon Berries"$3.50, DDP Snack Eligible

South Africa, Introduced: 1997
* Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce"$5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

South Korea, Introduced: 2010
* Boolgogi BBQ Beef with steamed Rice and Kimchi"$4.25, DDP Snack Eligible

Bella's picture

Yes, this is what I want to hear about..the cocktails! I remember Japan had a plum wine the year we were there that was just soo amazing!!

mickey Bella

Vettelover's picture

JoAnn how many days do you estimate it will take you to go through this list. Just Curious?

crazycatperson's picture

Here's my list.

First day:
Australia - Shrimp on the Barbie
Argentina - Beef Empanada
Caribbean - Jerk-spiced Chicken Drumstick
Scandinavia - Swedish Meatballs
China - Black Pepper Shrimp
Japan - Spicy Tuna Roll
Belgium - Steamed Mussels
Morocco - Baklava

Second day:
Hawaii - Tuna Poke
Greece - Chicken Souvlaki
Canada - Maple Glazed Salmon
Morocco - Harissa Chicken Roll
New Zealand - Seared Sea Scallop
Singapore - Shrimp Cake
South Korea - Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw
Mexico - Flan

I also have a few other booths on my list, but only if I'm still hungry (or, let's be honest, still not stuffed to the gills) after grazing at the above for most of each day. For the two days I'll be at Epcot, I intend to eat nowhere but Food and Wine booths, with the exception of a granola bar en route to the parks for breakfast.

JoAnn C's picture

Vettelover wrote:
JoAnn how many days do you estimate it will take you to go through this list. Just Curious?

I'll be at the festival on Friday and Saturday of my trip. I'll Sunday too if needed. I may not get through everything. It makes it easier making the plan of attack.

i am a Test Comment!

crazycatperson's picture

Since this thread has been moved up, might as well use it.

I've started cooking F&W recipes for poor hubby who had to skip our fall vacation and really regretted missing the festival. So far I've made the black pepper shrimp with sichuan noodles (using store-bought Chinese noodles instead of making noodles from scratch), the Caribbean jerk chicken with mango salsa, and from the 2005 F&W cookbook, the Canadian maple glazed salmon. The black pepper shrimp was as good as I remember; the jerk chicken was good but not quite the same because my mango was unfortunately not quite ripe enough.

Tonight it's chicken chipotle sausage and sweet corn polenta, also Canadian. That was hands-down my favorite dish at the 2011 festival, and I'm really hoping the homemade version is as good as I remember. The recipe calls for store-bought sausage, but I had to make my own because I couldn't find chicken chipotle sausage anywhere.

Anyone else do any cooking from the F&W Fest cookbooks?