2011 Food & Wine Booths

Login to post comments
40 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

Not yet CCP but I'm planning on making the Kalua Pork sliders for New Years Eve so wish me luck. Just got to figure out what i'm going to in place of the banana leaves which are pretty hard to find here in PA.

Kristen K.'s picture

mrhub wrote:
Just got to figure out what i'm going to in place of the banana leaves which are pretty hard to find here in PA.

Ti leaves may be an acceptable substitute. You might find them at an Asian market. The Japanese places around here usually have them.

crazycatperson's picture

mrhub, do you have a recipe for the Kahlua pork sliders? My 2011 cookbook isn't handy, but I'm pretty sure that recipe isn't in there. I didn't try one - couldn't pass up on the tuna poke - but I would like to.

MrHub's picture

Here you go CCP, here is what I've found so far.
http://www.wesh.com/r/29723916/detail.html

crazycatperson's picture

Thank you! I did a web search, but that recipe didn't show up for some reason.

I made the chicken chipotle sausage with sweet corn polenta last night. The polenta was awesome; the chicken was good but not nearly as good as they served at Epcot. Problem was that the F&W cookbook didn't provide a recipe for the sausage, it just said to buy spicy sausage. Next time that is what I'll do. Even spicy pork sausage would come closer to what I had at Epcot than the chicken sausage recipe I found on the web.

admin's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
Thank you! I did a web search, but that recipe didn't show up for some reason.

I made the chicken chipotle sausage with sweet corn polenta last night. The polenta was awesome; the chicken was good but not nearly as good as they served at Epcot. Problem was that the F&W cookbook didn't provide a recipe for the sausage, it just said to buy spicy sausage. Next time that is what I'll do. Even spicy pork sausage would come closer to what I had at Epcot than the chicken sausage recipe I found on the web.

Pictures! Smile

crazycatperson's picture

We have a little problem in the picture department. Our digital camera works fine, but the computer with the download software died, and we can't find the disk to load the software on the new computer. Tried getting it online, but apparently Canon no longer supports that camera. The cell phones take decent photos, but I need hubby's help to set up an online "locker" for downloading the photos from the phone, and he hasn't gotten around to it yet.

When I solve the problem, I'll try to remember to take some pictures. I'll probably make this stuff again, and we've got plans to do a whole F&W Fest dinner with friends of ours, so there should be plenty of opportunity.

Lizzy_B's picture

What a fun idea for entertaining! Are your friends Disney fans too, or just fellow foodies?

crazycatperson's picture

Our friends have travelled to Disney World with us twice (so far). Both times involved at least one day at the F&W Fest, so I know they'll get a kick out of a F&W theme dinner.