2013 Disney "Moms" Panel Search

Login to post comments
46 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture

Allie wrote:
Good luck to all three of you! How long does the process usually take before you hear back?

They gave us a date at the end of the application, but I don't remember what it is. It's about 4 weeks and then first round picks will hear, then another 2-3 weeks for second round picks. The entire process is over by mid-November because the new panelists travel to WDW for training usually the first week of December, they start answering questions as active members of the Moms Panel in January.

The web-form tells you that if you're not picked you won't hear anything, but I've always gotten a mass "Thanks But No" email. I'll be sure to update the thread when I get mine. LOL!

Jess's picture

Since all you ladies applied I just had to as well Smile

Kristen K.'s picture

yay Whoo hoo! Good luck Jess!

sylvar's picture

Oh, if there's a "Thanks But No" email, I haven't been rejected YET. Facing such odds, probably I will be -- but whatever! Smile

Kristen K.'s picture

Rejection letters went out today. Mine just came of course.

They were much more flowery than in past years. I think they were really trying to make people feel good while telling them that they weren't needed. sarcastic

JoAnn C's picture

I just got mine too.

so, I don't know how many people make it to the second round, but i got my Congratulations email today.
I now need to answer more questions and submit a video.

Kristen K.'s picture

How fantastic for you! awesome
They cut it down by thousands to a few hundred. Your answers must have impressed. Which specialty did you go for?

Mase's picture

Jess got hers in the mail today. She got turned down. I think you need to be like a president or visited Mars to have been accepted.

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kristen K.'s picture

They cut it down by thousands to a few hundred. Your answers must have impressed. Which specialty did you go for?

Oh, and welcome

Kristen K. wrote:

Disneyland, since that's our "home" park, and we go quite often (it's a 15 minute drive). I'm thinking I might record my 60 second video somewhere in the park, maybe chillin' in flo's V8 cafe.

Kristen K.'s picture

That would be cool mickey

nikkirugby13's picture

Congrats Jobber! yay yay

And Kristin, I feel like you would be perfect for the Disney Mom Panel...I'm a little disappointed in Disney right now... yuck

Jess's picture

Yep like Mase said I got mine today... I'm fine with not getting in though... Did it more or less to see if I would get in or not.. Granted if I actually did I'm pretty sure I would be fine with it.... Lol

Kristen K.'s picture

nikkirugby13 wrote:

And Kristin, I feel like you would be perfect for the Disney Mom Panel...I'm a little disappointed in Disney right now... yuck

Thanks so much, that's sweet of you. muchlove I'm really okay with not making it, and it won't stop me from doing what I do.

The next round is a tough one to make it through as well. One of my best friends has made it round 2 for the past three years and keeps getting cut at that point. I think it might be even harder for her when she doesn't make it then, because she has so much hope. She's a super bubbly gal with a great attitude, I'll be sad if she doesn't move on again.