2013 DVC Merry Mixers

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
2013 DVC Merry Mixers

In case people didn't get the news, or didn't read their DVC e-mail, the 2013 Merry Mixers for DVC members have been announced.

Quote:
November 25, December 2, 9 & 16. Time 3 to 5 pm. Location Epcot, World Showplace Pavilion

We will be attending the one on Dec. 9 while we're there. Anyone else will attend this one?

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Kristen K.'s picture

Thanks so much for posting this! Sadly we will not be attending this year.

Vettelover's picture

Thanks for the post Zz. It looks like it's a change of venue from the past years isn't it? My trip is in March so I guess it's a no go for me, literally and figuratively.

Vettelover wrote:
Thanks for the post Zz. It looks like it's a change of venue from the past years isn't it? My trip is in March so I guess it's a no go for me, literally and figuratively.

I think they started using the World Showplace either last year or the year before. It's interesting because when they had it at the World Gateway, you don't need a park ticket to get in. Now you do.

Zz.

Vettelover's picture

[quote=ZapperZI think they started using the World Showplace either last year or the year before. It's interesting because when they had it at the World Gateway, you don't need a park ticket to get in. Now you do.

Zz.

Exactly what I was thinking, Tickets now needed = $$$

CWDW10's picture

I won't be at the Dec. 9th mixer but I'm considering the 16th. Anyone planning on going to that one? I've never been to one, what can I expect if I attend?

CWDW10 wrote:
I won't be at the Dec. 9th mixer but I'm considering the 16th. Anyone planning on going to that one? I've never been to one, what can I expect if I attend?

Pins, food, characters, crowds, lines,.... y'know, a typical day at a Disney park.

Edit: I found one of my old trip report post that had a report and photos of a Merry Mixer when it was still held at the World Gateway entrance. This might give you some idea on what to expect.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/december-2009-trip?page=1#comment-18111

Zz.

The Colonel's picture

I'll be there the 16th. Look for a tall bald middle aged man dressed like a twelve year old boy.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Colonel wrote:
I'll be there the 16th. Look for a tall bald middle aged man dressed like a twelve year old boy.

You've just described half of the men at a Disney park.

Zz.

finngirl's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
The Colonel wrote:

You've just described half of the men at a Disney park.

Zz.

laugh

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

CWDW10's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
CWDW10 wrote:

Pins, food, characters, crowds, lines,.... y'know, a typical day at a Disney park.

Edit: I found one of my old trip report post that had a report and photos of a Merry Mixer when it was still held at the World Gateway entrance. This might give you some idea on what to expect.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/december-2009-trip?page=1#comment-18111

Zz.

Awesome! Thanks for the info Zapper! I may have to see what this mixer is all about!

The Colonel's picture

I hope its better than Welcome Home Wednesday

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Good evening! (I am new to the forum...)
We attended the Merry Member Mixer (2013) on December 2nd. While there we had some pictures taken with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.... They handed us a card (like a business card) with a web address to locate the pictures at a later date. Well....of course, going through all of our stuff, and I cannot seem to locate that card!!! Was anyone else there on December 2nd? Would you be able to post the link?
Thanks so much!
Happy New Year!
Jill

MrHub's picture

Jakvar, unfortunately it was probably a photopass card they gave you and you would need the code on the back of the card to access your pictures.

Here is the link for photopass, but even better, here is a phone number to call, 407-560-4300. Call and speak with a cast member, they might be able to help you better. Also, the next time you get one of those cards, take a picture with your camera and/ or cell phone of the card, both sides, so you have it incase this happens again.