2013 Food & Wine Festival

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2013 Food & Wine Festival

The dates for the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival are September 27 - November 10, 2013!

Who's in?

I'm not so sure that I'll be doing F&W next year, our budget is tighter than it used to be, and I would really like to do a Christmas Cruise, so unless some angel decides to send me down as press. I think I'll be passing. What about you?

crazycatperson's picture

As much as I love the Food & Wine Festival, I'm not sure it - or any WDW trip - will be on our calendar for 2013. We've got a pricey trip more than halfway across the country next year for a family wedding, and that's gonna put a big bite into our vacation cash. Also, I've done F&W three years in a row (final day in 2010 and a full week in 2011 and 2012), so even if we do make it to WDW in 2013 we might go some other season to mix things up.

The Colonel's picture

I have been to the last five F&Ws, but next year I won't be able to make it. I will be going in September 2013 though. It should be comparatively empty at that time and still pretty hot.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Jess's picture

Bummer....Since we were going on our adult only trip next year I was hoping to get to check it out but the last day of it is the day we get there and I heard it's really busy on the last day. Maybe since we are going to be so close to Epcot we will go over there and see how busy it is.

crazycatperson's picture

Jess wrote:
Bummer....Since we were going on our adult only trip next year I was hoping to get to check it out but the last day of it is the day we get there and I heard it's really busy on the last day. Maybe since we are going to be so close to Epcot we will go over there and see how busy it is.

Jess, I went on the last day two years ago - same situation as you, that was our arrival day and we were willing to fight crowds to check out the festival offerings. I'd do it again if it were my only opportunity to visit the festival.

RobynPrincess's picture

That's for the info, I thought for some reason it started earlier in sept. Will have to make our trip a bit later into September now. We are hoping to be there Smile

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

JoAnn C's picture

Jess wrote:
Bummer....

My thought exactly. My trip right now is planned for November 15 - 22.

The Colonel wrote:
I have been to the last five F&Ws, but next year I won't be able to make it. I will be going in September 2013 though. It should be comparatively empty at that time and still pretty hot.

When in Sept 2013 will you be there? I'll be honeymooning there Sept 22-Sept 29, so we'll catch the first 2 days of the F&W Festival.

Paul

Paul

Honeymooning 9/22-9/29/2013
Staying at WL

Kristen K.'s picture

Paul Couturier wrote:
The Colonel wrote:

When in Sept 2013 will you be there? I'll be honeymooning there Sept 22-Sept 29, so we'll catch the first 2 days of the F&W Festival.

Paul

Paul, just so you know. Food & Wine Festival usually does a soft opening on Thursday before they open. You'll likely have much shorter lines if you go on that night.

The Colonel's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Paul Couturier wrote:
The Colonel wrote:

Paul

Paul, just so you know. Food & Wine Festival usually does a soft opening on Thursday before they open. You'll likely have much shorter lines if you go on that night.

I'll actually be there 8/31- 9/8

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

MrHub's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Paul Couturier wrote:
The Colonel wrote:

Paul

And the soft openings are great, much lower crowd level, no lines at all hardly.