An Anniversary Pre/Trip Report (minus the Anniversary), 9/18/13-9/25/13

Login to post comments
29 posts / 0 new
Mrs. Minnie's picture
An Anniversary Pre/Trip Report (minus the Anniversary), 9/18/13-9/25/13

We have just entered double digits, folks. So....it's time for a pre-trip report! This trip was originally planned for October during our real wedding anniversary but we just couldn't pass up the FREE DDP so we decided to move it up by three weeks. However, I hesitated starting this since our plans are somewhat up in the air (yet again!) but I figured the trip will eventually happen so what's the harm in starting it now...right? After putting in many successful years with his company, my DH was recently laid-off during a restructure. Thankfully they offered a pretty good severance package and he's good at what he does so we know something will come along eventually (turns out this was a good thing as they sold the company a few weeks afterward and those unfortunate souls did not receive severance packages). This really made me start to question our WDW trip planned for 9/18/13 " 9/25/2013 at CBR (with FREE DDP). Our plan is to carry on as if we are still going in September with the hopes that we will be able to pay off the remainder of our balance by the beginning of August (wish us lots o' luck on this one....).

On to more happy things: The Plans!
We are planning to fly out on Wednesday 9/18/2013 sometime in the AM " flights not purchased yet. I hope to be at the resort by about noon so that we can check-in, drop the bags and head to DTD. I love DTD and it has been a tradition to go there the first night of any stay. We have a 6:25pm ADR for Bongos Cuban Cafe and will hopefully hit up the Margarita Stand and some shopping.

On Thursday, 9/19 we have a 9:15am ADR for Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (the hubs is a HUGE Donald fan so this should be fun) and then we will tour AK for the first time until park close. After AK we will head to the Boardwalk for some exploring and dinner at the Brewery " also a DH request.

On Friday, 9/20 we will be in MK all day! I tried for a ressie at BOG but was unsuccessful. Truth be told, I'm OK with this as I'd prefer to have dinner off-site from the parks (not sure why but I just feel like this is better for us). So, we have an ADR at Boma Friday night at 8:30pm. We'll probably explore AKL and perhaps do a bit of shopping at the gift shop.

Saturday, 9/21 is our un-planned day. DH isn't too into structured itineraries so I've included a "free" day where we can do whatever strikes our fancy " golf, waterpark, non-Disney attraction, whatever... However, we have a love of all things Irish (we visited Ireland last October for our one-year wedding anniversary and my family has some strong Irish roots, some still in Ireland) so we have a 6:45pm ADR for Raglan Road in DTD. More shopping and drinks to follow, I'm sure laugh

Sunday, 9/22 is EPCOT day! Between MK and EPCOT, we're not sure which is our favorite park. DH and I have both traveled pretty extensively so we absolutely love WS. Because we love Mexican food and drink we have a lunch ADR for San Angel Inn with a few spins around the Mexico ride thrown in for good measure. We'll close out this day in EPCOT with drinks around the world!

On Monday, 9/23 we'll visit DHS for the first time and end the day with a 5:55pm ADR at the Hollywood Brown Derby. I've been craving the grapefruit cake even though I've never had it before (courtesy of this site!) so I'm sure we'll include a few of those with dinner.

Tuesday, 9/24 marks our last full day in WDW so we'll spend it in true Disney style...at MK! We have an 8:20pm ADR for Kona Cafe (I'm so looking forward to this one!) followed by a look around the Poly (complete with visions of our next stay as I'm sure to fall in love with this resort!).

Depending on our flights out, Wednesday 9/25 will be filled with check-out, breakfast somewhere in DTD and a little last-minute shopping...not to mention some tears shed for our last day in WDW.

Since joining this lovely site, I've been making a list of various foods, drinks, attractions, etc. that we'd like to try so in the remaining 99 days or so I'll list those thoughts here in this thread. Also, I promise future posts will include lots and lots of pictures as I am a Disney loving photographer. Hopefully (and God willing) I'll have an actual trip report to share come September 26th! awesome

Cheers!

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language" - W.Disney

Great plans, Mrs. Minnie!! And welcome to the double-digit club yay

Sorry to hear about the hub but hope it all works out and you do continue with the trip.

W also usually do DTD our first day, but this time we get in so late we'll have to skip it. World of Disney is in mourning, though I can assure them we will makeup for it later in the trip laugh

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Thanks JeffC! We think DTD is the perfect way to start our Disney fun!

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language" - W.Disney

WDWfanatic's picture

Sounds like a lot of fun! Hate to hear about the job though. yuck Something will happen, never fear!

Tammi

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Thanks Tammi! I just received a text from DH saying he has a few meetings lined up so more to come on this for sure! awesome

Mrs. Minnie your pre-trip report sounds terrific. So sorry to hear about your husband but I am sure that there is something new on the horizon for him. crossfingers mickey

Kris1971's picture

Hi Mrs. Minnie. Tell your DH not to fret. The same thing happened to me the week before a Disney trip in 2011. 19 years with the company and laid off due to cost cutting and restructuring. I was devastated, but it ended up being a huge blessing! My new job and company are so much better than where I was. He will find something else. It may take a little while, but something good will come. In the meantime enjoy your time in the WDW. There is nothing like the magic of Disney to make the rest of the world and your worries disappear! Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments! I'm sure something will come along soon. It was more a slap in the face than anything else. But that doesnt' mean it wasn't for the better. awesome

On a side note: I'm hoping to post some pictures of our last trip tonight! Just have to figure out how that works.... sarcastic

MrHub's picture

Sorry to hear about the job situation there Minnie, but hopefully things will all work out. You can either post picture directly from your computer or from a photo sharing site like Photobucket. Just remember uploading from your computer, files must be smaller than 5 MB and have one of the following extensions: jpg jpeg gif png txt doc xls pdf ppt pps odt ods odp.

When using a share site, use the IMG link that is provided. See below.

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_link.jpg
img_link.jpg173.34 KB
link.jpg
link.jpg16.48 KB
Mrs. Minnie's picture

That's awesome - thanks mrhub!

MrHub's picture

Mrs. Minnie wrote:
That's awesome - thanks mrhub!

Your very welcome. PM me if you need any more help. Or shoot me an email.

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Testing, testing, testing.... sarcastic
[img][/img]

Success is yours!

clapping

Vettelover's picture

Look's good Mrs. Minnie.

RobynPrincess's picture

Sounds like a fab trip in the planning Smile we will be there at the same time as you!

Really hope your hubs gets a nice new job soon, my husband was made redundant 6 months to the day before our wedding, that was a scary few months as everything had been booked and invites gone out Shock

Can't wait to read more Smile

Ps, good choice with Hollywood brown derby, we had a great meal there

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Unrelated to the trip but a little magic nonetheless: for hubs birthday this year, I got us season tickets to the Minnesota Twins. DH is a huge sports guys and I like being outside in the sun with a cold beverage so a win-win for everyone! Well, after tonight's unfortunate loss we exited a different gate than we usually do and look who we ran into! The mouse himself even likes baseball!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg1.13 MB

SpamGoddess's picture

Those are from the 2010 All Star Game (in Anaheim), and I love the Mickey's they gave to each team!! I'm an Atlanta Braves fan and it makes me smile every time I pass the one at our stadium (especially after a loss). biggrin

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned, btw! clapping

Mrs. Minnie's picture

A very unfortunate update today: we decided to cancel our September trip due to the fact that hubs has not been able to secure a job since being laid off the begining of April. The good news is he has lots of connections and things in the works so hopefully he'll have an offer soon. So, we wait...

I hate to admit that I cried after getting off the phone with Disney travel. But I know that we will be back in my happy place soon enough. It was the right thing to do for us now and that's the important thing to remember. I fret over the smallest of things so this was acutally a good choice - less stress now and come September when we would have had to come up with the funds for the actualy trip.

So, instead of saying cancel, perhaps I should say the trip is on hold. wink

crazycatperson's picture

Oh, Mrs. Minnie, I'm so sorry! How awful! I hope the trip is back off hold really soon.

Miss Minnie I am so sorry you had to delay your trip. One good thing is that Disney will always be there and you can begin to plan your next visit.

Allie's picture

So sorry to hear that, Mrs. Minnie! Best of luck to you and your husband during his job search.

JoAnn C's picture

Sorry to hear this. Good luck to your husband. Hope you can start planning again soon.

taratru's picture

I'm sorry to hear that, Mrs. Minnie! I hope your husband finds an amazing opportunity very soon. bighug

MrHub's picture

Sorry to hear Miss Minnie, but yes, on hold is deffinetly better then cancel. Hopefully something comes up real fast!

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Thanks for the kind words everyone! muchlove

Oh, so sorry to hear this news, Mrs. Minnie. Sending good wishes your way for the hubs and hope the trip planning can pick up again real soon bighug

RobynPrincess's picture

Aww no Sad so sad to read this. I hope things change though and you are able to go xxx

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

WDWfanatic's picture

Oh, bummer! But, "on hold" is good.

I drive my Husband nuts with this, but when we leave for our trips to WDW, I am already bummed because it is here, and now it is only a week from being over. So, when your trip would have ended, you can celebrate, because you still have it to look forward to in the future. biggrin

Tammi

Mrs. Minnie's picture

WDWfanatic wrote:
Oh, bummer! But, "on hold" is good.

I drive my Husband nuts with this, but when we leave for our trips to WDW, I am already bummed because it is here, and now it is only a week from being over. So, when your trip would have ended, you can celebrate, because you still have it to look forward to in the future. biggrin

That's a great way of looking at it!