Anyone else planning for 2014??

Login to post comments
73 posts / 0 new
Aliceacc's picture
Anyone else planning for 2014??

This summer we're redoing our 50 year old kitchen, so no Disney World for us. sad

But we are planning to return in August 2014, hopefully to the Beach Club.

Anyone else in the mist of LLOOOONNNGGGG range planning want to keep me company?

August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club. We're returning to the Beach Club in July/August 2014.

Kristen K.'s picture

I am! February 2014 I'm doing three nights at WDW (AKL 1 bedroom villa) followed by a 4 night Disney Cruise. I'm super excited about that. And in the super long range planning process, I've started trying to figure out how my husband and I can do a Disney Vow Renewal in 2018.

JoAnn C's picture

I'm going in February 2014 also. Haven't booked yet. I may try for Art of Animation but haven't decided yet. I will be upgrading my tickets this November to an annual pass for the February trip.

disneydoc's picture

oh definitely! I am planning for April, Summer (not sure when yet), and November of 2014. I already have next year's school calendar....just waiting for those 11 month windows to book 'em. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

coreyp's picture

My wife and I are thinking September of 2017. We just have to have a kid first and then wait for him/her to be a couple years old so we can go! That's pretty long range planning! haha

Follow along on our adventure as we make the move for a great life, and move to Orlando!

https://adventuresinears.wordpress.com/

1987(sort of)-Fariway Villas (I was not born yet, but could hear all the sounds of WDW)
1991-Fairway Villas (My first official trip to WDW)
2000-Fort Wilderness Campsites (last family trip before siblings got married and had kids)
2004-Caribbean Beach
2008-Pop Century
2012-Contemporary Resort (Honeymoon)
2015- Caribbean Beach (daughter's first trip)
2017- Cabins at Fort Wilderness

Eeyore's picture

I don't even know what I am doing next week....thinking about 2014 makes my head hurt! laugh

I would LOVE to plan a trip though!

Miss Mikki's picture

I would love to do the princess half marathon in 2014, but suddenly it is less than a year away, maybe 2015...

no ticker Sad

Kristen K.'s picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
I would love to do the princess half marathon in 2014, but suddenly it is less than a year away, maybe 2015...

Miss Mikki, if I can do it you can do it! There are 50 Training weeks left!

Kristen K.'s picture

coreyp wrote:
My wife and I are thinking September of 2017. We just have to have a kid first and then wait for him/her to be a couple years old so we can go! That's pretty long range planning! haha

Why wait!?

crazycatperson's picture

We have no definite plans beyond our Universal/Disney waterpark trip in April. But we hope that things will work out financially so we can get an annual pass in December 2013 and go for a week then, another week in spring 2014, and a final week during F&W Fest 2014. And then take a year off and do it all over again starting in December 2015.

senseicj's picture

we are going either feb/march of 2014

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Art Steventon's picture

We're booked for 8 nights in January 2014 - to coincide with our tenth anniversary.

We're staying off resort though to cut the cost slightly.

We will be there the last week of January 2014. We are just starting to plan a trip for 2014 with our boys, their wives and all four grand children. Not sure if that will be a summer or a Thanksgiving trip.

Miss Mikki's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Miss Mikki wrote:

Miss Mikki, if I can do it you can do it! There are 50 Training weeks left!

Ok, I probably could fitness and training wise, but how do I convince my husband that we need another Disney trip (travelling from UK) only 3 months after our 2 week November trip, when finances are tight? Please give me some really good suggestions!

no ticker Sad

Aliceacc's picture

Not a clue, Miss Micki, sorry laugh

The subject of Disney came up at dinner last night. The good news is that we have our first $1000 in the vacation club Smile

August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club. We're returning to the Beach Club in July/August 2014.

Allie's picture

We're planning on late 2014 or early 2015 for our next trip. Baby on the way has put a hold on any vacation plans in the near future.

Mrs. Minnie's picture

We're planning on a Disney cruise early 2014, maybe Feb/March. Neither myself or DH have ever been on a cruise and it actually wasn't until I joined this site that I started considering it. I'm thinking a land and sea trip - perhaps a 4 night cruise and 2 or 3 nights at a moderate resort (we'd really like to try Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans - Riverside).

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language" - W.Disney

Miss Mikki's picture

Mrs. Minnie wrote:
We're planning on a Disney cruise early 2014, maybe Feb/March. Neither myself or DH have ever been on a cruise and it actually wasn't until I joined this site that I started considering it. I'm thinking a land and sea trip - perhaps a 4 night cruise and 2 or 3 nights at a moderate resort (we'd really like to try Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans - Riverside).

I would definitely recommend Port Orleans Riverside. We love this resort.

no ticker Sad

Kristen K.'s picture

Well snap Miss Mikki, that sure makes things a little harder. Puzzled

Mrs. Minnie's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Well snap Miss Mikki, that sure makes things a little harder. Puzzled

There's always multiple trips, I guess! Perhaps Riverside to go with the cruise since the cruise will be Caribbean in nature...or whichever resort is cheaper...that could very well be the deciding factor wink

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language" - W.Disney

taratru's picture

I'm seriously considering running the Goofy Challenge in January of 2014...so I'll be planning soon!

WDWfanatic's picture

Yes, but I don't know if we are going to try to squeeze it in before DD#2 is 3 (March 12, 2014) or just bite the bullet and wait until F&W and MNSSHP. We may only go once next year. I had better get on it though! I am less than 11 Months out for a Jan / Feb trip! I have got to make up my mind!

Tammi

Everyone I work with thinks I'm crazy for talking about my May 2014 trip. People just don't understand how much more that can be planned with wdw.

End of March, start of April for spring break. Trying to do a Disney Cruise/WDW trip, however is going to take some convincing since one member of our crew doesn't want to cruise. All the news with Carnival not helping right now either. So maybe just WDW and work on a cruise for a future trip.

J.P.'s picture

There are lots of amazing trip plans here! I'm looking at a 2014 Southern Caribbean Disney Cruise in the autumn of 2014. It will be my first adult trip without going to WDW since the cruise will leave from Puerto Rico.

dewingedpixie's picture

Going to the land for tinker in Jan, and getting married in the world in Feb Smile

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Kat's picture
Kat

We have a trip coming up in a month and a half ( clapping ) but after that trip we're going to be in VERY long-range planning mode, thanks to grad school. sad I'm thinking maybe a 2017 4-year anniversary trip might be the earliest doable.

Fall 2015: Master's Degree Graduation Trip, Details TBD! Can't wait to be back in the World!
Nov. 2014: Baby's First 1/2 Day at the Magic Kingdom; our date day at Hollywood studios
Jan. 2014: Our princess was born!
May 2013: Our POR & DCL honeymoon (& my husband's first Disney trip of hopefully many!)
May 2013: Our Disney-themed wedding

Just joined this site and was checking things out when I saw your post about 2014. We are planning a March 2014 trip with our 2 adult children. Our daughter graduates from college in 2014 and wanted a return trip to WDW as a graduation present. This will be our second trip but the first one in 2002 she didn't really do any of the big thrill attractions (i.e. Rock N' Roller Coaster) and wanted a second chance! Our son graduated from college in 2011 and didn't really get a graduation present like this so this will be sort of a double graduation present. I know we are going during a Spring Break time and it will probably be busy but we figure that the weather will be cooler than in the summer so we would be able to tolerate big crowds and still enjoy ourselves in the cooler temperatures. Ever since the trip date got under a year, I have been trying to do what "pre-planning" I can. I am sure my family thinks I am crazy doing it so far in advance, but I can't help myslef-lol-so I am right there with you in LOOOOOOOOOOOONG range planning! laugh

MrHub's picture

Hey there jay and welcome to WDWForGrownwups! biggrin We are a fun loving bunch of Disney lovers around here. 2014, heck that's not loooooooong out planning, we got people here planning for 3 & 4 years out. Now granted things can change, but it's always fun to have a Disney trip in the works, regardless. awesome

Why not jump over to the "introduce yourself" thread and start one and tell us a little more about yourself, your likes of Disney and what you got planned, so far!. We'll give you a formal welcome there!

Disneylover21's picture

I might not be going to wdw again for a while but
I am planning on saving up for the year ticket to
Disneyland and California Adventure!!!!!!

angels444's picture

We are going Dec 2014. Hopefully crossfingers We have to see what the ship schedule is going to be. Telling myself that dec 14 is my next trip is the only thing that gets me through.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers