Best Disney Boat Ride Outside of the Park

Login to post comments
49 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248
Best Disney Boat Ride Outside of the Park

Do you love the water? Travel by boat every chance you get? Disney has some fabulous water taxis that will give you the chance to relax and enjoy the journey on the water.

What's the best Disney Boat Rode outside of the Parks?

Once you've voted please leave a comment and let us know why you picked your choice!

Choices

You are not eligible to vote in this poll.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248

I love the Crescent Lake Boat loop, especially after dark. I always try to sit outside at the back of the boat. I love the wind in my hair and the way the lights of the Boardwalk twinkle off the water. So beautiful!

mteam94's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/17/2012
Posts: 58

Such a hard choice, we love all of these but I have to say probably the Sassagoula River. Loved seeing the treehouses.

Offline
Joined: 06/03/2012
Posts: 28

dumb question but I guess I don't notice- where are all of these ports? the only port I ever see is the ferry!

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

my fav is the ferry from the ttc to the magic kingdom, just watching the front entrance get closer and closer is such a great feeling, sometimes it's all i can do to keep myself from diving in and swimming to the mk

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4646

Kristen K. wrote:
I love the wind in my hair So beautiful!

Boy I wish I had hair so I could feel the wind in it. laugh But really my vote is the Sassagoula river. It is just a nice quiet peaceful ride and a great destination.

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

I voted for crescent lake because it's the only one I think we've done

__________________

Hardy0109's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2012
Posts: 688

senseicj wrote:
my fav is the ferry from the ttc to the magic kingdom, just watching the front entrance get closer and closer is such a great feeling, sometimes it's all i can do to keep myself from diving in and swimming to the mk

We think alike. I love this too. I have also been on crescent, but the feeling as you get closer and closer to the park is unlike any other.

__________________

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

We like the dtd to POFQ the best. It's so relaxing and the scenery is great. We love to look at the tree houses too!

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248

bifader wrote:
dumb question but I guess I don't notice- where are all of these ports? the only port I ever see is the ferry!

You can access Crescent Lake dock right outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. It also stops at Beach/Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Hollywood Studios. The dock at DHS is to your far left as you exit.

At MK the boats to the hotels launch from the dock to the right as you face the lake (ferry would be to the left)

There are a couple of boat docks at DTD, I usually get on at the one near the margarita stand.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Kristen K. wrote:
bifader wrote:
dumb question but I guess I don't notice- where are all of these ports? the only port I ever see is the ferry!

You can access Crescent Lake dock right outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. It also stops at Beach/Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Hollywood Studios. The dock at DHS is to your far left as you exit.

At MK the boats to the hotels launch from the dock to the right as you face the lake (ferry would be to the left)

There are a couple of boat docks at DTD, I usually get on at the one near the margarita stand.

Hey Kristen...where's the dock at Hollywood Studios? My itinerary has us at HS in the morning and Epcot later in the day, and I never knew there was a boat that would take me between the two parks. I MUST try it!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

Plan on a good 45 mins for the boat ride, then time to walk through the park. The boat stops at Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk then goes to EPCOT. It's a nice relaxing ride, but not if you are in a hurry. You can also walk, but it's a long hike. THe dock is back and to the right if you are facing the entrance, left if you are leaving. Follow the far sidewalk by the water, you can't see it real well til you start walking.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248

What Julie Said mickey

When you're leaving DHS head towards the buses, but keep to your far left. Soon you'll see the water, take the path down the hill to the left and the dock is there. Once you get to Epcot you will be at the World Showcase entrance between England and France.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Cresent Lake is the best just because of Board Walk. Love stopping at the bakery and picking up some nice stuff!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

subvetss's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/30/2009
Posts: 569

Jan and I have been on every boat ride in WDW many times. I can't say which is my favorite. I never worry about the time a ride takes because I am no longer in a hurry for anything. Every minute spent at WDW anywhere is a blessing.
Joe

PreviewAttachmentSize
all_wdw10-10_1587.jpg
all_wdw10-10_1587.jpg64.78 KB
__________________

robertcraig's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/19/2011
Posts: 138

This year is 3rd time at PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE often go to DOWNTOWN DISNEY in the evening the boat trip is the best way to go

__________________

robertcraig

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

We like the Sassagoula ride best, but any boat ride is a good ride! laugh

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248

subvetss wrote:
Every minute spent at WDW anywhere is a blessing.
Joe

Truer words never spoken!

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

OK, remind me where the Sassagoula is....I think I know the rides, but get confused with the names....

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248

The Sassagoula River is the body of water that stretches from DTD to Port Orleans.

Offline
Joined: 06/03/2012
Posts: 28

Alright I kinda asked earlier but heres more specific- where is the boat at Boardwalk? I'm going tonight and we wanna take that but not sure where we can find it. And hasn't someone once said it also takes you to Wilderness Lodge? Or is that completely different.. sorry don't know much about WDW transportation or the landscaping of everything sad

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9366

The boat at the board walk is right there at the Flying fish. You can't miss it. The boat to wilderness lodge is totally different. You have to get that from the Magic Kingdom or Contemporary.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21248

bifader wrote:
Alright I kinda asked earlier but heres more specific- where is the boat at Boardwalk? I'm going tonight and we wanna take that but not sure where we can find it. And hasn't someone once said it also takes you to Wilderness Lodge? Or is that completely different.. sorry don't know much about WDW transportation or the landscaping of everything sad

It's smack dab in the middle of the boardwalk on the lake side. wink Opposite the pavilion by the croquet yard where you can rent the surry bikes.

The boat from there will take you to Boardwalk, Epcot, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin, and Hollywood Studios.

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

ah, yes. I love that stretch of water too! Thank you Kristen.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9366

I could ride the boat from the Poly to the MK to the GF and back to the Poly all day.

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

I need to do that. I was so obsessed with walking and monorailing this last time. Now that I know that there is no path from GF to MK, sad I will make this my next adventure.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 06/03/2012
Posts: 28

thanks for your help!! since I have yet to ride all of the boats I do not want to choose favorites but I did love the boat road at Boardwalk, I could sit on it all day mickey

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

disneydoc wrote:
I need to do that. I was so obsessed with walking and monorailing this last time. Now that I know that there is no path from GF to MK, sad I will make this my next adventure.

I'm guessing you stumbled upon what us CMs like to call 'the path to nowhere'? Its that path from MK that looks like it goes to the GF...but then just abruptly ends. laugh

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4646

Jessi5989 wrote:
disneydoc wrote:
I need to do that. I was so obsessed with walking and monorailing this last time. Now that I know that there is no path from GF to MK, sad I will make this my next adventure.

I'm guessing you stumbled upon what us CMs like to call 'the path to nowhere'? Its that path from MK that looks like it goes to the GF...but then just abruptly ends. laugh

I am wondering how many people have taken that path only to be forced to turn around and walk all the way back. And none too happy about it I'll guess

__________________

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Yes, we are talking about the path to nowhere. Thanks to Mr. Hub's skycam shot, I was saved the humiliation of getting to the canal and having to hang my head in shame and turn back. I am so gullible when it comes to a good walking path. mickey

Now how about a nice drawbridge like the one in Epcot that they let up to bring in the illuminations stuff? There could so be one there, and only let up to bring in the electrical parade stuff! I suppose that is not very cost effective. Probably not hoards of folks demanding that walking path, maybe. mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9366

disneydoc wrote:
Yes, we are talking about the path to nowhere. Thanks to Mr. Hub's skycam shot, I was saved the humiliation of getting to the canal and having to hang my head in shame and turn back. I am so gullible when it comes to a good walking path. mickey

Now how about a nice drawbridge like the one in Epcot that they let up to bring in the illuminations stuff? There could so be one there, and only let up to bring in the electrical parade stuff! I suppose that is not very cost effective. Probably not hoards of folks demanding that walking path, maybe. mickey

From what I understand, thats originally what they were going to put in , but it never happened Why not, I do not know.