The Big 2014 Birthday Trip!!

Login to post comments
95 posts / 0 new
Belinda's picture

Fantastic pics and report!

** BeLiNdA **

93boomer's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
Yay..Boomer..if I ever needed encouragement to do a pre xmas disney trip, then you've sold me..Loved Halloween, but the xmas theme would blow me away..Loving your report.. awesome

Ohh yay! Thanks! Glad you like the tr. It is a whole new experience at Christmas!

93boomer's picture

Thanks everyone! Glad you are enjoying the pix!

93boomer's picture

Tues Dec 2nd... MK, resorts Weather is in upper 70s. PCloudy. Rain coming in tonight.

Got up early again and caught bus to MK. Wanted to see if we could get on a few more rides this morning. Hoping the crowds are down. Picked up Nutella waffles at Sleepy Hollow. These things are wonderful and very filling. And we actually ate one apiece instead of sharing this time. Very unusual for us!! lol

PreviewAttachmentSize
238_2.jpg
238_2.jpg1.75 MB
Allie's picture

93boomer wrote:
Tues Dec 2nd... MK, resorts Weather is in upper 70s. PCloudy. Rain coming in tonight.

Got up early again and caught bus to MK. Wanted to see if we could get on a few more rides this morning. Hoping the crowds are down. Picked up Nutella waffles at Sleepy Hollow. These things are wonderful and very filling. And we actually ate one apiece instead of sharing this time. Very unusual for us!! lol

LOVE THESE!!! muchlove

93boomer's picture

Got on all our FP. Then, it was time for the new 7DMT!!! I do not especially like fast, roller coasters, did I say fast, etc. So, I knew it was going to be ok, but back in my mind, I remembered the last time my DH talked me into riding the BTR and I was sliding all over that seat and could not wait to get off. I almost cried then. Well, we waited for just a bit, and I started getting really nervous. It was like, if I don't get on soon, I am going to chicken out! Here it comes and we get on. I felt a whole lot better after getting in. You are way more enclosed than the other coasters. So, I knew I couldn't get a lot of airtime on this one. Yayy! It was actually fun!!! I survived and didn't pass out or anything!! LOL Definately, a new favorite!

Ok decided to take a break from the parks and go see all the decorations at some of the resorts since we have tickets for the MVMCP tonight at 7. We took the monorail to the Contemporary to see the Frozen themed chocolate display, the huge gingerbread house at GF which always amazes me, (we've seen it before), the BC chocolate dragon and carousel, and the YC little village. They were all so amazing and wonderful!

PreviewAttachmentSize
304.jpg
304.jpg1.88 MB
313.jpg
313.jpg1.97 MB
260.jpg
260.jpg1.93 MB
251.jpg
251.jpg1.99 MB
93boomer's picture

Ok now it was time for the MVMCP which we have never done. We got our little bracelets so they would know we had paid to be there and started to look for all those free cocoa and cookie stops. So organized and the CMs were very nice handing them out. I would love to know how many cookies they hand at each night at those parties!! They were very delicious!! Grabbed burgers at Pecos Bill for dinner. Watched the parade from over across Sleepy Hollow near the bridge. There were sooo many people that you couldn't get really close but we could see enough. We do not do like lots and find seats 2 hours before. But, most of the time, we find a good enough location to see everything. See the castle lit up and looking like ice was really cool! We got on some more rides that didn't have long lines. Then, it started sprinkling. It was getting a little bit heavier so we parked it over at Cosmic Ray's Phineas and Ferb dance party, grabbed some more cocoa and cookies, and waited until the fireworks started. It was fun! Good for people watching. All the children were having a great time. Then, the bottom dropped out!! No, not little drops, but those kind where you get soaked!! No fireworks for us, no matter how good they were. We weren't the only ones that stayed there either! The place became packed! Oh well maybe we will see the fireworks another year. We stayed there for over an hour. Then, we headed back to the entrance of the park to go over to DTD. The rain had let up somewhat. Did some shopping over there and back to the room by 1 a.m.

PreviewAttachmentSize
399.jpg
399.jpg1.99 MB
255_2.jpg
255_2.jpg1.17 MB
130.jpg
130.jpg1.54 MB
93boomer's picture

Wed Dec 3rd--upper 70s today and no rain!!! clapping
Up at 8-slept in from long day and night yesterday. Headed to AK today. We like the relaxed atmosphere over here. Like seeing all the animals and just stroll along. Had FP for safari which we waited for like a minute! Wow! Walked right on! The crowds were not at all bad over here. I think everyone stays in MK at Christmas. The other parks seem to be empty compared to MK. Picked up coffee and muffins at Kusafari Bakery. Yummy! Then, DH got in single-rider line for Everest. Remember, earlier comment about coasters for me biggrin He loves this ride! Says it is his favorite! Walked around the trails near the big tree and just took our time. There are a lot of walls up over here in preparation for all the changes that are coming to AK. Gets a little bit dis-orienting at times.
Lunchtime is reserv at Sanaa at AKL. We ate here our last trip and liked it so much, it is going to be one to eat at every trip from now on. Caught a bus and it dropped us right there. We were early so we checked in, got our little buzzer thingys, and walked outside to see all the animals. They were everywhere this time! We waited maybe 5 mts then got buzzed. We ordered the bread service with dips. I know I really liked the coconut chutney!!! DH liked the mango the best. I had the tandoori chicken, and DH ordered the tandoori shrimp. Both were delicious!! We both enjoyed our meal very much!!
Decided to phop to Epcot then head to HS to see Osbourne Lights one last time. Grabbed the school bread at Norway bakery to snack on and a strawberry margarita for me. Coffee for the DH.
The Lights at HS were so great with the snow coming down! It just puts you in the best Christmas mood! Definately a must-do!! Headed back to room. Tomorrow is our last day sad sad

PreviewAttachmentSize
469.jpg
469.jpg2.22 MB
508.jpg
508.jpg2.15 MB
552.jpg
552.jpg2.12 MB
267_2.jpg
267_2.jpg2.15 MB
538.jpg
538.jpg1.97 MB
270_2.jpg
270_2.jpg1.41 MB
93boomer's picture

More pictures...

PreviewAttachmentSize
585.jpg
585.jpg1.88 MB
582.jpg
582.jpg2.16 MB
283_2.jpg
283_2.jpg2.05 MB
EmFord's picture

Aw you got such a good picture of the baby chimpanzee! When we were there the mama was shielding him from view the whole time so it was hard to get a pic.

Eeyore's picture

Love the report! Great photos!

93boomer's picture

EmFord wrote:
Aw you got such a good picture of the baby chimpanzee! When we were there the mama was shielding him from view the whole time so it was hard to get a pic.

Thanks Em! He was soo cute!!

93boomer's picture

Eeyore wrote:
Love the report! Great photos!

Thanks Eeyore!! Smile

93boomer's picture

I will finish up soon! Happy Christmas everyone!

RobynPrincess's picture

Loving your report! It's getting me so excited for visiting at the same time next year! (Sob, that's like a year away, sob).

I'm a big sanaa lover, did you get a window seat?

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

93boomer's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Loving your report! It's getting me so excited for visiting at the same time next year! (Sob, that's like a year away, sob).

I'm a big sanaa lover, did you get a window seat?

Thanks Robyn! No, sadly we didn't. They were already taken but we could see a fair amount of animals from our table.
Ohh it will go fast, I promise!!Smile

disneydoc's picture

I love that Sanaa bread service too. I did not think I would like it as it is "spicy," but I could eat that onion flavored bread by itself, all day. And all the dips were amazing. I only had the ones they give you as a sample on the tour - I bet the entire spread is awesome.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

93boomer's picture

Sorry I have been awol on finishing my TR. Bad thing when it's close to Christmas with everything going on.

Here are some more pictures:

PreviewAttachmentSize
439.jpg
439.jpg3.21 MB
552.jpg
552.jpg2.12 MB
611.jpg
611.jpg2.24 MB
669.jpg
669.jpg1.84 MB
93boomer's picture

Here are more...sorry if some are repeated from before.

PreviewAttachmentSize
087.jpg
087.jpg3.11 MB
196_2.jpg
196_2.jpg3.13 MB
192.jpg
192.jpg3.11 MB
395.jpg
395.jpg1.69 MB
600.jpg
600.jpg2.23 MB
93boomer's picture

Hope you have enjoyed our trip. It was fun sharing with you and remembering the fun time we had this trip. For the ones of you wondering how much we walked the whole trip. Ta da --77 miles!!! We walked a lot!! We could have walked to Daytona Beach!! biggrin
We have had severe Disney withdrawal pains since our trip. But, you know, even with the huge crowds (mostly at MK), we didn't mind them too much. We definately would go back that week again. It made Christmastime more special going before Christmas. Until our next trip, thanks for reading!!!

Kristen K.'s picture

yay Thank you so much for sharing with us! That's a heck or a lot of miles.

RobynPrincess's picture

Omg 77 miles?? Jeeeeeeeez! Thanks for sharing all about your trip Smile xxx

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

disneydoc's picture

Woohoo! Now I want to wear a pedometer! That's a lot of walking! mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

93boomer's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
yay Thank you so much for sharing with us! That's a heck or a lot of miles.

You are very welcome Kristen! mickey

93boomer's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Omg 77 miles?? Jeeeeeeeez! Thanks for sharing all about your trip Smile xxx

Thanks so much for reading Robyn!! I have enjoyed yours too!! biggrin

93boomer's picture

disneydoc wrote:

Thanks for reading disneydoc! You have got to get one! It is amazing how much you actually do walk!

oHIo's picture

93boomer wrote:
disneydoc wrote:

Thanks for reading disneydoc! You have got to get one! It is amazing how much you actually do walk!

I have an app on my smart phone (Android) that measures the number of steps per day. Tapping it will convert to miles. Looking forward to using it at WDW next week!

yay clapping yay clapping yay clapping

Mrferret's picture

Great trip report Smile

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

93boomer's picture

oHIo wrote:
93boomer wrote:
disneydoc wrote:

I have an app on my smart phone (Android) that measures the number of steps per day. Tapping it will convert to miles. Looking forward to using it at WDW next week!

yay clapping yay clapping yay clapping

Can't wait to hear about your trip and mileage. mickey

93boomer's picture

Mrferret wrote:
Great trip report Smile

Thanks Matt!! mickey