Brad's 2011 Food & Wine Trip

Login to post comments
18 posts / 0 new
Brad's picture
Brad's 2011 Food & Wine Trip

We're here! yay

I'm going to try to keep up with a trip report for our massive Food and Wine Festival trip. We're here for over 2 weeks, so I've decided to break it up with links to other threads about specific topics.

We arrived today after a relatively uneventful flight. We're staying at the Swan for the first 3 days before we move over to the beach club. Our room of course wasn't ready so we went to have lunch at "Fresh" in the Dolphin.

Here's info about the lunch.
Here's info about the dessert buffet.

We still hadn't gotten a call that our room was ready so we went to Target to get some water and some other stuff we needed. Since we were killing time we went all the way up to the one by the mall. Interestingly while we were inside the weather went from sunny to POURING rain, and back to sunny. Florida weather...

After our shopping was done we called and they said our room was ready (I'm not sure why they take our number if they're not going to call us). I hadn't gotten squat sleep for several days so I pretty much cratered until now, while DW went out to dinner with a friend.

So that's pretty much day 1! Not very exciting, but I've got to pace myself since I'm here for so long!

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Wow, 2 weeks! I am really looking forward to all the posts you share, it will really help get me more excited for my trip soon. Hope you have a blast!

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

MrHub's picture

Ah you didn't fall off the face of the earth Brad, you landed in Disney World! laugh Holy Cow 2 weeks at the F & W, my dream vacation. Though I know for you, its all work right. wink

Hey Brad,

We might be at Epcot on Oct. 2nd. Might we bump into you then? Smile

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Brad's picture

Zz: Definitely. Are you doing any of the meetups that day?

mrhub wrote:
Ah you didn't fall off the face of the earth Brad, you landed in Disney World! laugh Holy Cow 2 weeks at the F & W, my dream vacation. Though I know for you, its all work right. wink

It's still fun, but it honestly is a lot of work. Plus real-world work is weighing down right now, so I'm spending a lot of time in the room on my computer. It's still better than any other job though! biggrin

Kristen K.'s picture

I have a friend who is pretty jealous of all the traveling that I've been doing. I tried to explain that I am working, but she just doesn't understand. My DH would tell you (especially when I'm taking my 100th picture of the same thing) that I'm actually working when we're on a vacation. Yet somehow in her world it's not fair that I enjoy my job and get to do fun things while she's miserable. Like it was my fault she went into a depressing part of the medical field. wink

I'll be down for F&W in 5 days and I can't wait!! yay

Brad's picture

Day 2

So we spent the morning working and finally got out in (nearly) in time for our 11:40 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern.

You can read about the Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch Here.

After that we went around the parks to do a bit of research. They have all the Halloween decorations out which I love:

They also had a crane working on the castle. I'm not sure whether they're working on Halloween stuff, or Christmas stuff there:

I also snapped a pic of the work they're doing on the Fantasyland expansion. Seems to be coming along nicely:

Now I'm back in the room doing work until our dinner at Citrico's!

Brad wrote:

What "meetups" that day? What did I miss?

As far as I know, we have no plans that day other than spending it at Epcot. We leave for the airport late in the afternoon (8:00 pm flight out).

Zz.

Brad's picture

Disney Food Blog has a meetup (I think it's on the second) and I know some other guys piggybacked theirs afterwards. I think they're all located around Epcot too! We'll definitely be in the same area, since we're staying at the Beach Club. Even if I'm wrong on my dates, it should be no problem to tag-up.

Hey Brad! Thanks for the pics! If you get any scoopage on anything, do us know! clapping

JoAnn C's picture

Have a great time!

mitchejj's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
Brad wrote:

As far as I know, we have no plans that day other than spending it at Epcot. We leave for the airport late in the afternoon (8:00 pm flight out).

Zz.

Well I know I keep hearing about this one... Project XL
of course the TourPlans guys have one (and they are buying) and the WDWRadio on might be that day too... but that would be part of the 40 hour broadcast I would think... I think the Be Our Guest podcast has one too... plancast.com is your friend for the meet ups.

So many in park meet-ups going on the 2nd. I planned that day to relax around the resort and use my MNSSHP ticket as my park pass for the day (4pm) as I have 7day pass on an 8 day stay. UGH.

Kris1971's picture

I love the pics of the Fantasy Land expansion!!! Thank you for sharing them.

Bella's picture

Brad, Hi. I'm jealous.

Wow, I always say this is my favorite time of the year at the world but then I see pictures and I remember why. I just LOVE the fall decorations. I hope that you take some time and ENJOY yourself this trip!!

Is anyone else going to the DFB meet-up? I have read about it and it sounds like fun!

mickey Bella

Lizzy_B's picture

Good deal, Brad! I believe you're right about the DFB meetup.

I love that pic of the cart with the Ichabod jack o' lantern! And that square of toile below it...to die for! Oh, the DETAILS! muchlove

Have fun! We'll be down the weekend after next and can't wait!

mitchejj wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:
Brad wrote:

Zz.

of course the TourPlans guys have one (and they are buying) and the WDWRadio on might be that day too... but that would be part of the 40 hour broadcast I would think... I think the Be Our Guest podcast has one too... plancast.com is your friend for the meet ups.

So many in park meet-ups going on the 2nd. I planned that day to relax around the resort and use my MNSSHP ticket as my park pass for the day (4pm) as I have 7day pass on an 8 day stay. UGH.

Yup. The Celebration group that I was a part of for Epcot's 25th will be doing their thing again for WDW 40th. I would have joined them. Unfortunately, I will be attending the "Room for One More" event on the 30th at the Contemporary. So I couldn't participate in all of their scheduled events. So I didn't sign up.

In any case, Brad, check your private message and let's see if we can meet up during that weekend.

Zz.

Kristen K.'s picture

mitchejj wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:

Zz.

At this point (that is saying unless DH says "no more") these are the meets that I'll be at:

9/30 10:45AM Be Our Guest Podcast Sip & Stroll Epcot Canada
10/1 WDWRadio has said that they'll be at the MK as part of the 40 hour show.
10/2 11:00AM-1:00PM Disney Food Blog's Foodie Fest Meet at Beach Club, Ariel's
10/2 2:00PM - 3:30PM Touring Plans Meet & Eat at Epcot, La Hacienda de San Angel
10/2 7PM Be Our Guest Podcast MNSSHP Pirates of the Caribbean Ride-along

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
mitchejj wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:

Zz.

At this point (that is saying unless DH says "no more") these are the meets that I'll be at:

9/30 10:45AM Be Our Guest Podcast Sip & Stroll Epcot Canada
10/1 WDWRadio has said that they'll be at the MK as part of the 40 hour show.
10/2 11:00AM-1:00PM Disney Food Blog's Foodie Fest Meet at Beach Club, Ariel's
10/2 2:00PM - 3:30PM Touring Plans Meet & Eat at Epcot, La Hacienda de San Angel
10/2 7PM Be Our Guest Podcast MNSSHP Pirates of the Caribbean Ride-along

Wow! That is quite a schedule! Sounds like so much fun though. I am going to be watching as much of the WDWRadio 40 hour live cast as much as possible!

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures