Carowinds Windseeker - Coming in 2012

Login to post comments
36 posts / 0 new
Carowinds Windseeker - Coming in 2012

Carowinds is a theme park here in the Carolinas. They just announced this attraction coming in 2012:

WindSeeker will send riders soaring 301 feet above the park at over 30 miles per hour and provide dramatic views of the greater Charlotte region.

http://www.carowinds.com/public/park/rides/thrill_rides/windseeker.cfm

I am pretty sure there is no way in hell I would get on this thing! Back to my fear of a fiery, spiral to hell death experience....not for me!

Would you do it?

Jess's picture

OUr theme park here in ohio that i think is in the same chain as your theme park got it this year...and I agree...no way i would do it

Mase's picture

Hey! We just got that!

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/rides/thrill_rides/windseeker.cfm

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Mase's picture

Oh... and to answer your question....

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

You can put me down for a NO WAY!

JustCar's picture

Not on a sizable bet

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

MrHub's picture

NOT!

Vettelover's picture

I go with the general consensus of NO WAY. The site says you experience weightlessness so I hope they have you VERY well secured in, (or give you a parachute) otherwise good bye as you float out. sarcastic

MrHub's picture

The height wouldn't bother me its the going in circles.

ChipnDaleFan's picture

I'm game! I'd try it once to see how it goes! We don't really have any awesome thrill rides here- our six flags great adventure stinks. I rode something similar to this in Vegas- It was attached to the stratosphere I think.

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Mase's picture

mrhub wrote:
The height wouldn't bother me its the going in circles.

Thats what does it for me too... I can deal with the height... but going in circles... nuh uh

- 2013 Trip Report!

arbolita's picture

Mase's picture

arbolita wrote:

rolling laugh rolling laugh rolling laugh

- 2013 Trip Report!

CarJust's picture

kinda looks a little boring....I'd do it if someone asked me to go with them I guess

Busch Gardens used to have a ride like this when I was a kid but not so high up. Disneyland (Calf Advnt Prk) has that "Silly Symphony" swing ride, very similar but not as horrifically high! Lord have mercy!

Vettelover's picture

It looks like an elevated version of the old "Chair-O-Plane" carnival ride that a lot of travelling carnival shows had a long, long time ago. I'm talking in the 50's 60's and 70's if not even earlier than that.

JoAnn C's picture

I say yes now but would probably come up with some excuse not to if the opportunity ever presented itself to actually ride it.

Lizzy_B's picture

Mase wrote:

Yeah...I'm goin' with Mase on this one... I. don't. do. drops. period.

On a completely unrelated point...been to both Carowinds AND Kings Island! Smile

Mase's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yeah...I'm goin' with Mase on this one... I. don't. do. drops. period.

On a completely unrelated point...been to both Carowinds AND Kings Island! Smile

Im sorry... lol

- 2013 Trip Report!

Lizzy_B's picture

I haven't been to either for YEARS, but we LOVED KI when I was a kid. It was a mainstay for end-of-the-year class trips, girlscout field trips, etc - that kind of thing. I think we also did the band competitions there a time or two.

I mean, it's no Disney. But it was always fine for a daytrip. Has it gone down hill or something?

Mase's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
I haven't been to either for YEARS, but we LOVED KI when I was a kid. It was a mainstay for end-of-the-year class trips, girlscout field trips, etc - that kind of thing. I think we also did the band competitions there a time or two.

I mean, it's no Disney. But it was always fine for a daytrip. Has it gone down hill or something?

Well... in Ohio we have Kings Island and Cedar Point. And when Paramount owned KI... it was meh... but it was only an hour and a half drive for us compared to 2 and a half to CP. So it was kinda a no brainer, but if I got to choose... it wouldn't be my first choice. Now... Cedar Point owns it... and its gone up a lot, and has gotten better. I haven't been in a couple years because I'm the only roller coaster rider in the family... so I refuse to pay the money to go... lol

- 2013 Trip Report!

Lizzy_B's picture

Oh - good to know. I'd love to get back there. Maybe on a trip home. I've never been to Cedar Point, though we had their commercials in Charleston. But yeah - that would have been about a 3-4 hour drive. KI was closer.

Mase's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Oh - good to know. I'd love to get back there. Maybe on a trip home. I've never been to Cedar Point, though we had their commercials in Charleston. But yeah - that would have been about a 3-4 hour drive. KI was closer.

CP is THE best for roller coasters. If you don't ride them... then KI is much better. KI has a much better kids area as well.

- 2013 Trip Report!

JoAnn C's picture

Mase wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

Well... in Ohio we have Kings Island and Cedar Point. And when Paramount owned KI... it was meh... but it was only an hour and a half drive for us compared to 2 and a half to CP. So it was kinda a no brainer, but if I got to choose... it wouldn't be my first choice. Now... Cedar Point owns it... and its gone up a lot, and has gotten better. I haven't been in a couple years because I'm the only roller coaster rider in the family... so I refuse to pay the money to go... lol

I didn't know Cedar Point bought Kings Island. Did they buy Kings Dominion in VA too? Is Geauga Lake still open?

Jess's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Mase wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

I didn't know Cedar Point bought Kings Island. Did they buy Kings Dominion in VA too? Is Geauga Lake still open?

Yeah they bought Kings Dominion as well...I think they bought all the ones that were in that chain...Geauga Lake is still there but is now called Wildwater Kingdom and in 2008 it got ride of the amusement park part and is only a waterpark now

JoAnn C's picture

Jess wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Mase wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

Yeah they bought Kings Dominion as well...I think they bought all the ones that were in that chain...Geauga Lake is still there but is now called Wildwater Kingdom and in 2008 it got ride of the amusement park part and is only a waterpark now

Thanks Jess. What about Sea World? I know at one point it became part of Geauga Lake. Being from PA, we weren't that far so we used to go a lot while I was growing up.

Jess's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Jess wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Mase wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

Thanks Jess. What about Sea World? I know at one point it became part of Geauga Lake. Being from PA, we weren't that far so we used to go a lot while I was growing up.

Sea world in ohio is no more....In 2001 it got sold to six flags who combined it with Geauga Lake....then when Cedar Fair bought Geauga lake in 2004 they got rid of the Sea World part of it cause I guess it wasn't doing well

JoAnn C's picture

Jess wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Jess wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Mase wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

Sea world in ohio is no more....In 2001 it got sold to six flags who combined it with Geauga Lake....then when Cedar Fair bought Geauga lake in 2004 they got rid of the Sea World part of it cause I guess it wasn't doing well

I forgot it became Six Flags at one time.

Wow, I did not know all that! I grew up going to Cedar Point and Sea World. And Conneaut Lake if you remember that, JoAnn C. Not sure if that is still around.

JoAnn C's picture

JeffC wrote:
Wow, I did not know all that! I grew up going to Cedar Point and Sea World. And Conneaut Lake if you remember that, JoAnn C. Not sure if that is still around.

I remember Conneaut Lake. I had to look it up. It is still open. My favorite amusement park will always be Kennywood.

wow...I forget there are other places than Disney! I grew up with Cedar Point, Geauga Lake and Kennywood. CP rocks for coasters even though we haven't been there for years, we follow the coaster openings. I'd do every one of them as many times as I could!
and yes, I would love to do the spinny drop ride, sounds awesome! The sky coaster at Olde Town in Orlando is really fun too, but it just drops, doesn't spin. It's just a giant swing, and after the drop it's actually relaxing swinging back and forth! The bigger, higher, more thrilling, the better!
I'd love back to CP someday and do all the new coasters. Disney's coasters are pretty good, but there's not enough of them. They need a park with just thrill rides to compete w the coasters at Islands of Adventure.

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust