Cousins Trip 2018!

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
Belinda's picture
Cousins Trip 2018!

I can't believe our trip is sneaking up on me already. I don't feel as organized as I would like to be at this point. Life has just sort of gotten in the way lately. Hubby started a new job in July, my dad had a bad fall in July and passed away in August, the cousin (Steve) I am going to Disney with has had some medical issues. When Steve and I went last year were park commandos - we spent 15 hours at Magic Kingdom and managed to ride 22 rides on our first day. It was amazing and exhausting, so this year we are planning some down time to enjoy our resorts.

Cast:
Me " Belinda
Cousin " Steve
We are both "Disnerds" and have husbands who are just not as excited about going as often as possible. What is wrong with them?

Arriving Saturday, January 27 " Animal Kingdom Villas " Kidani Village
Thursday, February 1 " moving to the Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower (Magic Kingdom view!)
*Animal Kingdom Lodge will be new to both of us, so we would love any and all suggestions on things we need to do or see while we are there!*

I managed to grab the following dining reservations:

Saturday, January 27 - Arrival day! No park time scheduled. After checking in at Kidani I am guessing we will go to Disney Springs. I do want to spend some time exploring our resort, too. No dining reservations for this day.
Sunday, January 28 - 9:20 breakfast at the Crystal Palace (All trips must begin and end at Magic Kingdom for us!)
Monday, January 29 - 9:00 breakfast reservations at Boma
Tuesday, January 30 - 7:40 Dinner reservations at Le Cellier
Wednesday, January 31 - 6:45 Dinner reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern
Thursday, February 1 - No dining plans today.
Friday, February 2 - 8:10 Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Saturday, February 3 - 6:00 Dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel
Sunday, February 4 - 6:45 MK Plaza Garden Fireworks Dessert Party

Boma, Chef Mickey's and La Hacienda are all new to us. Again, all suggestions are welcome!

78 days and counting!

** BeLiNdA **

JoAnn C's picture

I stayed at Kadani in February and loved it. One night I went back to the resort but didn't go to my room until 2 hours later. One of the cast members from Africa gave a presentation on his safari experiences. Then I went out by the bom fire and talked to two other CMs from Africa and learned about their cultures.

Belinda's picture

JoAnn, that sounds wonderful! Thanks for letting me know about your experience. I will add this to our list!

** BeLiNdA **

Allie's picture

We'll be there the 27th through the 4th, too! We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge the second half of our trip, though. We'll be moving over there on the 31st awesome

Belinda's picture

I hope we run into each other, Allie!

** BeLiNdA **

oHIo's picture

Love Kidani! We were there in Oct with our BC (before children laugh ) friends. We've known them before any of us had children! Check in day would be perfect for the lounge at Sanaa to order the bread service which is amazing! The mango salsa is our favorite accompaniment.

If you do on line check in be sure and request a room by the lobby, not the elevator. Our friends ended up with the last room at the end of a very, very, very, very long hallway! Someone counted 2000 steps on their pedometer! eek

Belinda's picture

Thanks for the info Ohio! I keep hearing that bread service is awesome!
Cousin and I are both "foodies" so this would be a great start!

** BeLiNdA **

Kristen K.'s picture

Belinda wrote:
Thanks for the info Ohio! I keep hearing that bread service is awesome!

Totally a MUST order on the Sanaa menu!

Belinda's picture

Counting down " 15 days until I fly away. The suitcase is out and I am making lists and piling up things to pack. I seriously hope it warms up a little bit down there. 70 would be perfect. I think the high here (Nebraska) is supposed to be around 13 degrees today. So looking forward to some warm weather!

I managed to snag the following FPs for us:
Day 1 " Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, 7DMT
Day 2 " Kilimanjaro Safari, Everest, Flight of Passage
Day 3 " Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Character Spot
Day 4 " Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Muppet Vision 3D
Day 5 " NO PLANS AT ALL
Day 6 " Na'vi River Journey, Lion King and Primeval Whirl
Day 7 " Spaceship Earth, Soarin' and Pixar Short Films
Day 8 " Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, 7DMT

All of this hinges on how my cousin is feeling. He is going to be renting a scooter as his leg and foot are still giving him problems. Hoping that all goes well!

I was a HUGE fan of Wishes, but am very excited to see Happily Ever After.

We are also going to the Moonlight Magic event at MK on January 28 " love being in the parks after dark! Has anyone else ever done this? Wondering if all rides are open or if anyone has any details about this?

** BeLiNdA **

Kristen K.'s picture

I like your Day 5! It's always important to me to schedule in down time on vacation. Sadly I don't get to very often.

Allie's picture

Sounds like we'll be in the same parks some of the same days so I'll keep an eye out for you! I'm beyond jealous that you're going to Moonlight Magic! I would kill for some of those character meet and greets! I read about details here: http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/01/08/full-details-released-magic-kingdom-dvc-moonlight-madness-2018-will-great/

Hope that helps!

Belinda's picture

Thanks sooo much for the info Allie! This is going to be so much fun!

** BeLiNdA **

Belinda's picture

It's REALLY hard to be "worky" today...

** BeLiNdA **

Kristen K.'s picture

Belinda wrote:
It's REALLY hard to be "worky" today...

laugh This is the story of my life.