DCL Dates Canceled For The Rest of 2020... and more!

Login to post comments
4 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
DCL Dates Canceled For The Rest of 2020... and more!

While many cruisers are chomping at the bit to get back to sea, Disney Cruise fans are just going to have to wait a little longer because Disney Cruise Line released a statement noting that they are "carefully reviewing the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working together with industry partners on a path to resuming operations." But, as they continue to refine their protocols and take all of the steps necessary to get sailing again, they have decided at this time to cancel all departures from now through December 31st, 2020.

That may be a really good thing though, because a recent volunteer cruise that had been testing the waters with new CDC guidelines wound up with guests testing positive for the virus mid-cruise. Which turned them back to port to be quarantined in their staterooms.

Wait... did I say volunteer cruises? Yes I did! If you hear thee call of the ocean "DCL hopes to re-launch at 70% capacity in the spring. That means the necessary test cruises will need to take place in January and February, probably starting with the Disney Wonder from Port Canaveral to Disney's private island of Castaway Cay, but there is no news as of yet."

Would you sign up for a volunteer cruise to test out health and safety procedures?

JoAnn C's picture

I had been following the story of that cruise. Last count I read was 7 cases. I haven't checked in a couple of days. I can't wait to get back to cruising. I'm good waiting a while longer.

JoAnn C's picture

The Wonder and Fantasy are on their way back to Port Canaveral. I was really hoping the Wonder would be in Galveston next week while I'm visiting my brother in Houston for Thanksgiving.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I'm good waiting a while longer.

Me too. I really really miss it and would love to set sail if I thought it were safe, but I just can't right now. I briefly considered signing up for a volunteer cruise, but that only lasted about 5 minutes. laugh