Disney Food Photos

Login to post comments
462 posts / 0 new
bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444
Disney Food Photos

Post 'em here!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream.

And as you can tell, our table ordered not one, but TWO of them. <burp>

And here's Dale trying to steal my birthday cake.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Love the picture of Dale--that's at Liberty Tree Tavern, right? I'm going to miss those characters at that restaurant--especially on halloween when they got all dressed up!

Here's a pic of the S'mores Cheesecake at Pop Century. No idea if it's still on the menu...

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Zapperz, did you finish those kitchen sinks?!?

Bali, I'm not sure if that's there anymore either! It got a lot of hype when POP first opened; looks great!

I've got a few food photos in the trip report threads, but I'll add a few more here:

Here is the bakery section at Contempo Cafe:

And our dinners at Nine Dragons

Chicken consomme and Pork Dumpling

Chicken and Taro

Can't remember what this was...DH will have to remind me

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

admin wrote:
Zapperz, did you finish those kitchen sinks?!?

Yup! Here's the evidence.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Annie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 1610

Those kitchen sinks are so disgusting when they're done! They look great to beging with, though!

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

I can just see some little kid eating that Worms and Dirt cupcake and having "dirt" all down his face and shirt! Smile

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

I only see ONE empty dish, ZapperZ, what about the other one?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

cdub wrote:
I only see ONE empty dish, ZapperZ, what about the other one?

Oh, don't you worry. They both got cleaned out. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

ZapperZ wrote:
cdub wrote:
I only see ONE empty dish, ZapperZ, what about the other one?

Oh, don't you worry. They both got cleaned out. Smile

Zz.

So how many people did that work out to per "sink?"

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

dsoup wrote:
So how many people did that work out to per "sink?"

We ended up with 5 people per kitchen sink.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

ZapperZ wrote:
dsoup wrote:
So how many people did that work out to per "sink?"

We ended up with 5 people per kitchen sink.

Zz.

Now do you feel like you accounted for more than the average?

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Yeah, were you a big eater among the bunch Z, or did you just draft on everyone else?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Brad wrote:
Yeah, were you a big eater among the bunch Z, or did you just draft on everyone else?

I pulled my own weight, so to speak, which was considerably a lot more to pull after eating this. It helped that we had a teenager for our end of the table, so he gobbled a lot of the brownies and the mint ice cream, which I don't like and which had to be eaten first. So that's a hint there. You want to consume the mint ice cream FIRST before it melts and mingle with other flavors. The mint doesn't go that well (at least to my palate) after it "contaminates" the other flavors in the Kitchen Sink.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

More food pictures. This was the cake we got for our friend for her birthday, also celebrated at Liberty Tree Tavern while they still had character dining.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

ZapperZ wrote:
Brad wrote:
Yeah, were you a big eater among the bunch Z, or did you just draft on everyone else?

I pulled my own weight, so to speak, which was considerably a lot more to pull after eating this. It helped that we had a teenager for our end of the table, so he gobbled a lot of the brownies and the mint ice cream, which I don't like and which had to be eaten first. So that's a hint there. You want to consume the mint ice cream FIRST before it melts and mingle with other flavors. The mint doesn't go that well (at least to my palate) after it "contaminates" the other flavors in the Kitchen Sink.

Zz.



Mint ice cream= yuck Can you order the kitchen sink without it (or substitute vanilla?)

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

ZapperZ wrote:
More food pictures. This was the cake we got for our friend for her birthday, also celebrated at Liberty Tree Tavern while they still had character dining.

Zz.

You ordered this beforehand? Any tips on who to call to get a cake?

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

SpaceAce wrote:
You ordered this beforehand? Any tips on who to call to get a cake?

You definitely must call ahead. Who you call depends very much on where you will be dining. It's annoying, I know.

The cake that you saw was at Liberty Tree Tavern. For a cake at most of the restaurant at the theme park itself, call the Cake Hotline at

407-827-2253

I think when you make the dining reservation, you can inquire about this, especially if you want to order a cake at one of the resort restaurant. They'll give you a number to call if it is different than the one I gave you.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

ZapperZ wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:
You ordered this beforehand? Any tips on who to call to get a cake?

You definitely must call ahead. Who you call depends very much on where you will be dining. It's annoying, I know.

The cake that you saw was at Liberty Tree Tavern. For a cake at most of the restaurant at the theme park itself, call the Cake Hotline at

[left]
[/left]
407-827-2253

I think when you make the dining reservation, you can inquire about this, especially if you want to order a cake at one of the resort restaurant. They'll give you a number to call if it is different than the one I gave you.

Zz.

That cake is really pretty. Was it good? I always find that cake appearance is inversely proportional to case taste.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

cdub wrote:
That cake is really pretty. Was it good? I always find that cake appearance is inversely proportional to case taste.

It was a chocolate cake, which is my favorite. So yes, it was good. The only problem was that there was just too much of it for 4 people, and especially after a meal at Liberty Tree. We couldn't finish it and didn't want to bring it with us since we had a whole evening there at MK for the Pirates and Princess party.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Learning a lot tonight. Must call Cake Hotline!

LeCellierBuff1963's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 529

Yummmmm.....chocolate cake!

@Space Ace: I don't like mint ice cream either.

Jim

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I swear that scrolling from the top of this thread to the bottom has made me gain 5 lbs.

@LeCellierBuff - The question is: What kind of frosting?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

I'm guessing that since the Year of a Million Dreams is now over, they no longer have this dessert at Citricos.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

ZapperZ wrote:
I'm guessing that since the Year of a Million Dreams is now over, they no longer have this dessert at Citricos.

Zz.

Perhaps not that exact one, but I think I had something very similar for the Celebrate Today! special dessert at Citricos! clapping

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Free sugar cookies and hot chocolates during MVMCP!

I lost track how many of these I consumed that night. Let's just say that I made more than 3 trips to the refreshment stations. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

ZapperZ wrote:
Free sugar cookies and hot chocolates during MVMCP!

I lost track how many of these I consumed that night. Let's just say that I made more than 3 trips to the refreshment stations. Smile

Zz.

Yum! I remember when they had ginger snaps, too!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Zebra Domes in the to-go area of AKL


Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

bali wrote:
Yum! I remember when they had ginger snaps, too!

Oh, they brought over one of the crocodiles from Jungle Cruise?

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

ZapperZ wrote:
bali wrote:
Yum! I remember when they had ginger snaps, too!

Oh, they brought over one of the crocodiles from Jungle Cruise?

Zz.



"watch out for ginger... " laugh

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

bali wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:
bali wrote:
Yum! I remember when they had ginger snaps, too!

Oh, they brought over one of the crocodiles from Jungle Cruise?

Zz.



"watch out for ginger... " laugh

Oh good! At least one person got it! Smile

Here's another desert that we ordered at Citricos.

Like I said, I love chocolate. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.