Disneyworld Engagement Ideas?

Login to post comments
47 posts / 0 new
TNMedic's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/17/2013
Posts: 68

Jezza,

Bottom line: when she realizes how much thought you have put into this she will truly appreciate it and it will be a special moment no matter what!

Jezza's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/05/2013
Posts: 20

So I can Finally say that it's happening "THIS YEAR"

I have bought the Ring.. Booking the Wilderness Lodge as the Accommodation this week

Looking into flights for November/December.

Will have to wait alittle bit to book our food destinations while there. But happy for options on which restaurants should i consider??

Offline
Joined: 01/13/2014
Posts: 7

I'm a signature restaurant kinda girl Wink Cali Grill and Yachtsman are my favs - Ohana is also up there as is grand Floridian cafe for lunch (not done dinner yet) be our guest for dinner was amazing, loved it! For a bit of fun sci fi dine in. Was a great novelty and great milk shakes Smile

__________________

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

Havnt been to the new Cali Grill yet but I will in 2 months. Ive only heard good things about it. Ohana is one of my favorites and a must do whenever I go. I think the Coral Reef is pretty good too if its a quiet day.

__________________

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5390

Yippee! You have much more patience then me if you already have the ring and are still able to wait until November! I'd be bursting at the seams with excitement/nerves!

carlsbaddrew's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Posts: 156

What about the boat cruises they do on the water @ Seven Seas Lagoon? (The water in front of MK) I'm pretty sure you can book a private boat during the fireworks show, and I believe the boats even have the firework show's music piped into their system. That would be pretty killer Smile

__________________

Current Disneyland / CA Adventure pass holder. WDW X4 visits!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9396

carlsbaddrew wrote:
What about the boat cruises they do on the water @ Seven Seas Lagoon? (The water in front of MK) I'm pretty sure you can book a private boat during the fireworks show, and I believe the boats even have the firework show's music piped into their system. That would be pretty killer Smile

Yes the music is piped to the boats and it is an awesome view. Get the Grand One, it would be even better!

Jezza's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/05/2013
Posts: 20

Thanks for the suggestions! If i'm going to be in Disney World from the 1st of December, when should I book? is it 6months before? All things considered, do i tell the hotel when i book accommodation that it will be a special occasion?

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21769

Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions! If i'm going to be in Disney World from the 1st of December, when should I book? is it 6months before? All things considered, do i tell the hotel when i book accommodation that it will be a special occasion?

Tell the hotel that it's a special occasion - have them put it on your restaurant reservations - talk about it when you get there!

I'm not sure what the booking date is for the cruises - Mr. Hub can you help out there?

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9396

Kristen K. wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions! If i'm going to be in Disney World from the 1st of December, when should I book? is it 6months before? All things considered, do i tell the hotel when i book accommodation that it will be a special occasion?

Tell the hotel that it's a special occasion - have them put it on your restaurant reservations - talk about it when you get there!

I'm not sure what the booking date is for the cruises - Mr. Hub can you help out there?

For the fireworks cruises we book at 180 days out. You pay at the time of cruise, just need a credit card to hold. Fireworks not guaranteed.

Offline
Joined: 01/29/2014
Posts: 1

My fiance proposed to me going down the drop on Expedition Everest. She had family hold the signs and I had no clue until I saw the picture at the exit of the ride. We had a crowd of people cheering and disney even gave us the picture for free!
Here is the link to the video of our magical proposal.
http://youtu.be/aqjX6R2eJk4
http://youtu.be/aqjX6R2eJk4

PreviewAttachmentSize
image_457.jpg
image_457.jpg77.98 KB
RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

Awwwwwww that's lovely!

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

VelcroPooh

Oh I love that!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5390

Not your average princess wrote:
My fiance proposed to me going down the drop on Expedition Everest. She had family hold the signs and I had no clue until I saw the picture at the exit of the ride. We had a crowd of people cheering and disney even gave us the picture for free!
Here is the link to the video of our magical proposal.
http://youtu.be/aqjX6R2eJk4
http://youtu.be/aqjX6R2eJk4

AWESOME! What a great idea! awesome

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9396

Nice awesome wink

Offline
Joined: 06/10/2014
Posts: 1

You could always try outside the Beast's castle in New Fantasyland at dusk. It would be very romantic if you want something different than Cinderella's castle. Or go to dinner at the Be Our Guest restaurant. You could propose in the ballroom or the west wing. Or take her to Paris at EPCOT.