Favorite Disney Resort Photos

Login to post comments
211 posts / 0 new
bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444
Favorite Disney Resort Photos

Post your favorites or request photos of particular resorts! This is a great way to see and get a feel for resorts you haven't stayed at.

mickey

If you're not sure how to post photos, check this thread, or just use the "attachments" option at the bottom of the reply page to browse for and attach your photos to your post.

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Here's one of my favorite pop century photos:

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Another POP photo

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

DisneyLove's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 120

Great idea for a thread Bali! I can't wait to see everyones photos! I'll share a few of mine.

To start, the beautiful view of the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course from our room at SSR. Many of the rooms have golf course views...so relaxing!

__________________

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

DisneyLove's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 120

The Grandstand section of SSR. Beautiful, we loved staying there!

__________________

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

DisneyLove's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 120

View from the lobby of AKL of the Savannah.

__________________

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

DisneyLove's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 120

Another of AKL

__________________

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

DisneyLove's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 120

And a super old, pre-digital, scanned in photo of the Jazz Inn section of All Star Music. It really is a pretty part of the hotel.

__________________

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

DisneyLove wrote:
Great idea for a thread Bali! I can't wait to see everyones photos! I'll share a few of mine.

To start, the beautiful view of the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course from our room at SSR. Many of the rooms have golf course views...so relaxing!

That must have been a fun view. My grandma used to live in a house with the property butted up against a golf course, and it was so fun to wave to the golfers as they strolled by. A glass of lemonade, a good book, and that balcony are just about all I need on a Spring afternoon.

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

Great pics guys! DisneyLove would you say SSR compares to AKL?

DisneyLove's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 120

dsoup wrote:
Great pics guys! DisneyLove would you say SSR compares to AKL?


I haven't had the pleasure of staying at AKL (we are in September...yay), only spent some time on the grounds. The grounds are super relaxing and the pool is beautiful and I love the choices in restaurants. And once the DVC section opens, there will be more places to eat and another pool area! The only drawback to me is you have to take a bus to every single park at DtD, which is kind of a bummer, but still worth it IMO because the themeing of AKL is my favorite at WDW.

I didn't expect much from SSR. I was actually worried I was going to be disappointed, but we totally fell in love with it. We loved being able to walk or take a boat or bus to DtD, which made it super easy to resort hop. The setting is very relaxing as well, our room happened to overlook the golf course, but a lot of rooms have views of DtD. There were several pool areas, but we found that we enjoyed the smaller pool nearest our room the most, it was much less crowded than the main pool and very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Does that help?

__________________

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

Annie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 1610

DisneyLove wrote:
There were several pool areas, but we found that we enjoyed the smaller pool nearest our room the most, it was much less crowded than the main pool and very nice.


I love quiet pools. In fact, I only go to main theme pools once or twice a trip; the rest of the time I'm in the quiet pools! mickey

Thanks for the photos, by the way. The one of the Jazz Inn section is great!

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Here's a long-ago picture of the Beach Club Gingerbread Carousel:

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Polynesian grounds Seven Seas Lagoon from 'Ohana:

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Boardwalk Christmas Gingerbread Display (also from long-ago)

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

MouseTraveler's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/15/2009
Posts: 919

Love this thread! I'll have to go searching through some old pics!!

__________________

Visit our website (work in progress) http://www.mousetraveler.tv
Visit our blog (will NEVER be finished)
http://www.mousetraveler.tv/blog
On Twitter as 'MouseTraveler' and 'BigBlueMan'

Annie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 1610

SpaceAce wrote:
Boardwalk Christmas Gingerbread Display (also from long-ago)

I can't believe that's all candy and gingerbread! Resorts always smell so good at Christmas time--all gingerbread-y.

MouseTraveler's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/15/2009
Posts: 919

Annie wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:
Boardwalk Christmas Gingerbread Display (also from long-ago)

I can't believe that's all candy and gingerbread! Resorts always smell so good at Christmas time--all gingerbread-y.

Didn't Samantha Brown help build one of the giant gingerbread houses on one of her Christmas specials a couple of years ago? I'm thinking it might have been at the Floridian.

__________________

Visit our website (work in progress) http://www.mousetraveler.tv
Visit our blog (will NEVER be finished)
http://www.mousetraveler.tv/blog
On Twitter as 'MouseTraveler' and 'BigBlueMan'

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

MouseTraveler wrote:
Annie wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:
Boardwalk Christmas Gingerbread Display (also from long-ago)

I can't believe that's all candy and gingerbread! Resorts always smell so good at Christmas time--all gingerbread-y.

Didn't Samantha Brown help build one of the giant gingerbread houses on one of her Christmas specials a couple of years ago? I'm thinking it might have been at the Floridian.



I do recall seeing her do so. Yep--it was at the Floridian. She helped them bake the gingerbread and everything.

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

I've always suspected that the house itself would not be very tasty. It's fun that they actually build it out of gingerbread, but I think they could make a really nice permanent one that would probably be just as edible.

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

cdub wrote:
I've always suspected that the house itself would not be very tasty. It's fun that they actually build it out of gingerbread, but I think they could make a really nice permanent one that would probably be just as edible.


From what I recall, the gingerbread sits and hardens for weeks before they start building. Or they make it with extra flour so that it's extra hard. Something of the sort. I don't think it'd be all that appetizing!

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I like the Gingerbread with chocolate on it. But I digress. biggrin

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

cdub wrote:
I've always suspected that the house itself would not be very tasty. It's fun that they actually build it out of gingerbread, but I think they could make a really nice permanent one that would probably be just as edible.

When we were on the Yuletide Fantasy tour last December, they indicated that the gingerbread used on the house cannot be eaten because each piece was coated with lacquer to make them hard and last that long.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

ZapperZ wrote:

When we were on the Yuletide Fantasy tour last December, they indicated that the gingerbread used on the house cannot be eaten because each piece was coated with lacquer to make them hard and last that long.

Zz.

How was that tour, Zz? I've often wanted to try it out. Do you go to all of the resorts or just MK and GF?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

admin wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:

When we were on the Yuletide Fantasy tour last December, they indicated that the gingerbread used on the house cannot be eaten because each piece was coated with lacquer to make them hard and last that long.

Zz.

How was that tour, Zz? I've often wanted to try it out. Do you go to all of the resorts or just MK and GF?

Actually, you do quite a bit beyond that. If I recall correctly, you go backstage where they keep all the holiday decorations. Besides MK and GF, you also go to Epcot and visit Italy, Germany, and America pavilions.

But more importantly, you get a special pin at the end of the tour! Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

UnbalancedLibra's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/26/2009
Posts: 748

Garden view from our room at the Polynesian

Outside main entrance at the Polynesian

The last 2 are of the outside at the back entrance of the Polynesian

__________________

All about the planning >> Family Disney Vacations

Updates while we're there and trip reports >> Disney Vacation Trip Reports



bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

That pretty much sells me on a garden view at the Poly! What an amazing view from your balcony!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

UnbalancedLibra's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/26/2009
Posts: 748

bali wrote:
That pretty much sells me on a garden view at the Poly! What an amazing view from your balcony!

I love it - funny they are the 'cheap' rooms.
Last year, when we went to the beach area to watch Wishes, I thought about how nice a Lagoon view would be. However, my husband said he wants a garden view again - not because it's less expensive but because he loved the view!

__________________

All about the planning >> Family Disney Vacations

Updates while we're there and trip reports >> Disney Vacation Trip Reports



bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

UnbalancedLibra wrote:
bali wrote:
That pretty much sells me on a garden view at the Poly! What an amazing view from your balcony!

I love it - funny they are the 'cheap' rooms.
Last year, when we went to the beach area to watch Wishes, I thought about how nice a Lagoon view would be. However, my husband said he wants a garden view again - not because it's less expensive but because he loved the view!


It really does seem to be almost as good, right? I think I wouldn't want a view of the parking lot or some such, but that garden view is beautiful. It also seems pretty secluded. A lagoon view invites everyone and their mother to look into your room!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

UnbalancedLibra's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/26/2009
Posts: 748

bali wrote:
UnbalancedLibra wrote:
bali wrote:
That pretty much sells me on a garden view at the Poly! What an amazing view from your balcony!

I love it - funny they are the 'cheap' rooms.
Last year, when we went to the beach area to watch Wishes, I thought about how nice a Lagoon view would be. However, my husband said he wants a garden view again - not because it's less expensive but because he loved the view!


It really does seem to be almost as good, right? I think I wouldn't want a view of the parking lot or some such, but that garden view is beautiful. It also seems pretty secluded. A lagoon view invites everyone and their mother to look into your room!

True, no parking lot view for me, and the lagoon, you're right on that one too. garden view wins, hands down!

__________________

All about the planning >> Family Disney Vacations

Updates while we're there and trip reports >> Disney Vacation Trip Reports



dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

UnbalancedLibra wrote:
bali wrote:
That pretty much sells me on a garden view at the Poly! What an amazing view from your balcony!

I love it - funny they are the 'cheap' rooms.
Last year, when we went to the beach area to watch Wishes, I thought about how nice a Lagoon view would be. However, my husband said he wants a garden view again - not because it's less expensive but because he loved the view!

It's nice to look out on a secluded area instead of a high-traffic one. Were a lot of people wandering through your garden view?