Favorite Non-Disney Downtown Disney Store

Login to post comments
30 posts / 0 new
Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886
Favorite Non-Disney Downtown Disney Store

All my thinking about Pleasure Island this morning has gotten me thinking about Downtown Disney and my favorite store Basin. I love going there and buying the bath bombs and the shampoo bars..I usually bought 2 or 3 each trip and that would last me until our next trip--which was then only about 6 months apart. I have been out forever and I miss them! I could buy them online but it is not the same.

Do you have a favorite DTD Store that isn't Disney-centric? (I mean..World of Disney and the Christmas Shoppe beat Basin by a mile..but you know what I mean).

__________________

mickey Bella


Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Does ghirdelli count as a store.... Lol

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Jess wrote:
Does ghirdelli count as a store.... Lol

That's exactly what I was going to say!! laugh

petriedish's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2011
Posts: 218

I bought a couple of things at a really cool store. I think it was called pop gallery (not 100% sure though)

__________________


ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

I have to say I have never gone into any of the stores that aren't Disney merch. lol I should add it to mu list for next time.

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

JeffC wrote:
Jess wrote:
Does ghirdelli count as a store.... Lol

That's exactly what I was going to say!! laugh

Well we all know that you are the male version of me...LOL

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Its not there anymore, but there use to be a guitar store down at the far end. As a musician... I was in HEAVEN! Soooooooo many incredible guitars. It was just awesome. I was so sad when we went back a couple years ago, and it wasnt there anymore....

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

I like the pearl place where you open the oysters Smile. I also like the build your own car place. I cant wait to try the Baby Cakes as well!

Pi}{ie

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

I like the pearl place where you open the oysters Smile. I also like the build your own car place. I cant wait to try the Baby Cakes as well!

Pi}{ie

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

I love checking out Hoypoloi. They have the neatest glass sculptures and some really funky clocks.
Here's the website if anyone feels like checking it out. Their stuff is out of this world. I've never bought anything but, boy, is it fun to look at! http://www.hoypoloi.com/index.htm

Oh, and can't wait to try babycakes either!

kormelmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/01/2011
Posts: 107

Definitely Basin. I know that they also have a sister store called Basin White which is located in the Grand Floridian. We happen to learn about these stores when we were in Vegas.

__________________

We've stayed at:
Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach/Yacht Club, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All Star (Music & Sports).

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

I Love Basin! They had a booth/shop in World Showcase during the lawn and garden festival. We bought my daughter some scented soaps, yum! We go to Basin in GF just for the smells! My daughter is sensory, likes the aromatherapy thing.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

kormelmer wrote:
Definitely Basin. I know that they also have a sister store called Basin White which is located in the Grand Floridian. We happen to learn about these stores when we were in Vegas.

Ohh!! I didn't know that! I'll have to check that one out next time. Do they have the same stuff?

__________________

mickey Bella


kormelmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/01/2011
Posts: 107

Bella wrote:
kormelmer wrote:
Definitely Basin. I know that they also have a sister store called Basin White which is located in the Grand Floridian. We happen to learn about these stores when we were in Vegas.

Ohh!! I didn't know that! I'll have to check that one out next time. Do they have the same stuff?

Yes, but it think that they have higher end items. My wife loved their bath bomb.

__________________

We've stayed at:
Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach/Yacht Club, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All Star (Music & Sports).

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

A couple of years ago, we found a little store that featured items for lefties - my daughter and I are both left-handed, so that was really fun. Can't remember the name of the store, though.

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6603

Lizzy_B wrote:
A couple of years ago, we found a little store that featured items for lefties - my daughter and I are both left-handed, so that was really fun. Can't remember the name of the store, though.

I'm a lefty too. I'll have to see if I can find it. If you remember the name, let me know.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4654

Is this it. http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2009/12/23/leftys-the-left-hand-store-opens-at-downtown-disney/

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Are you serious?? A lefty store..that is awesome! Im not a lefty but this year I had 5 kids in my class who were. Out of 18..i think thats the most Ive ever had at one time. They all sat at a table together because we have round tables and at the beginning of the year they kept bumping into all the righties.

__________________

mickey Bella


Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JoAnn C wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
A couple of years ago, we found a little store that featured items for lefties - my daughter and I are both left-handed, so that was really fun. Can't remember the name of the store, though.

I'm a lefty too. I'll have to see if I can find it. If you remember the name, let me know.

Bahahahahahaha! The name of the store is Lefty's? And I couldn't remember it??? Really. I'm a smart girl. I'm just super dumb sometimes. Thanks, Vettelover. There you go, JoAnn Smile

Bella - yes. The bane of our existence. AND computer mousing. AND scissors. And when I was in school, practically no left handed desks. And...and...

AND - DS is only 18 months old, but he's displaying left handed tendencies FAR earlier than his sister did. So I think it will be three against one in our household. How crazy is that??

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

What!?!?! Lefty's!! I did not know that! And I'm a lefty! Well, partly. I'm odd - I write left-handed but do everything else right-handed. I blame the parents - oldest brother was a full righty, middle brother was a full lefty. Then there was me.

But yes, how we suffered! Art class in middle school was the worst! Trying to cut felt with right-handed scissors. They may as well have made me parade around in my underwear, it would have been less humiliating! Then there was cursive writing....oh, how I was scorned.....

We have to find this place next time.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6603

JeffC wrote:
What!?!?! Lefty's!! I did not know that! And I'm a lefty! Well, partly. I'm odd - I write left-handed but do everything else right-handed. I blame the parents - oldest brother was a full righty, middle brother was a full lefty. Then there was me.

But yes, how we suffered! Art class in middle school was the worst! Trying to cut felt with right-handed scissors. They may as well have made me parade around in my underwear, it would have been less humiliating! Then there was cursive writing....oh, how I was scorned.....

We have to find this place next time.

I'm the same way. I write and eat left handed but I use my right hand for everything else. Both my parents are right handed. My oldest brother (also a Jeff C who lives in NC) is right handed. My brother Brian and I are both left handed.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JoAnn C wrote:
JeffC wrote:
What!?!?! Lefty's!! I did not know that! And I'm a lefty! Well, partly. I'm odd - I write left-handed but do everything else right-handed. I blame the parents - oldest brother was a full righty, middle brother was a full lefty. Then there was me.

But yes, how we suffered! Art class in middle school was the worst! Trying to cut felt with right-handed scissors. They may as well have made me parade around in my underwear, it would have been less humiliating! Then there was cursive writing....oh, how I was scorned.....

We have to find this place next time.

I'm the same way. I write and eat left handed but I use my right hand for everything else. Both my parents are right handed. My oldest brother (also a Jeff C who lives in NC) is right handed. My brother Brian and I are both left handed.

Haha - how I LOVE THIS BOARD! I'm purely left-handed - and completely illogical, too (though analytical to a fault. Wrap your mind around THAT combo.) The ONLY thing I do right handed - cut with scissors. Thanks for the aforementioned pre-school trauma of the 1 crappy pair of leftyy scissors in the SEA of beautifully-working righty scissors.

But I'm not bitter.

PS - Both of my kiddoes are lefties (well, the little one seems to be...he's only 18 mos, but is eating and scribbling left-handed.) In my household, DH is officially a minority. LOVE IT!

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Mine isnt there anymore. There was a guitar shop in Downtown Disney that I just LOVED. Was in HEAVEN with all of the guitars that were in there. Miss that store... but I bet my wife is glad it isnt there anymore... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Lizzy_B wrote:

Haha - how I LOVE THIS BOARD! I'm purely left-handed - and completely illogical, too (though analytical to a fault. Wrap your mind around THAT combo.) The ONLY thing I do right handed - cut with scissors. Thanks for the aforementioned pre-school trauma of the 1 crappy pair of leftyy scissors in the SEA of beautifully-working righty scissors.
\

Why do they NOT make better left handed scissors?? Even to this day! I went out and bought a bunch last year for my "table #3"..or table of leftys and they all had the worst time with them!

One of my kids had a Lefty Spiral Notebook..I thought that was amazing!

__________________

mickey Bella


Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

I can't beleive no one has mentioned the LEGO Store.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

Bella wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

Haha - how I LOVE THIS BOARD! I'm purely left-handed - and completely illogical, too (though analytical to a fault. Wrap your mind around THAT combo.) The ONLY thing I do right handed - cut with scissors. Thanks for the aforementioned pre-school trauma of the 1 crappy pair of leftyy scissors in the SEA of beautifully-working righty scissors.
\

Why do they NOT make better left handed scissors?? Even to this day! I went out and bought a bunch last year for my "table #3"..or table of leftys and they all had the worst time with them!

One of my kids had a Lefty Spiral Notebook..I thought that was amazing!

I have never seen a Lefty spiral notebook but I may need to search and invest in this for my classroom!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Tony wrote:
I can't beleive no one has mentioned the LEGO Store.

Good point. That is probably my sons favorite store. He loves legos with a passion. I like it because of the new Disney Characters they make every year. Plus I love legos... but never have the money to get any... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

kormelmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/01/2011
Posts: 107

Bella wrote:
kormelmer wrote:
Definitely Basin. I know that they also have a sister store called Basin White which is located in the Grand Floridian. We happen to learn about these stores when we were in Vegas.

Ohh!! I didn't know that! I'll have to check that one out next time. Do they have the same stuff?

We checked out White Basin this past weekend. We both agree that the store downtown is much better. There were more choices and products at the downtown location.

__________________

We've stayed at:
Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach/Yacht Club, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All Star (Music & Sports).

Catherine's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/25/2011
Posts: 426

I've never actually gone into Basin, I may have to this time. I just love the Disney stores at DTD. My husband likes the Cigar shop though, LOL!

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm actually not interested in non-Disney shops in Disney! I live in an area with lots of little boutique like shops so when I go to Disney I just want to shop the Disney apparel!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16