February 2015 Ticket Price Increase Expected

Login to post comments
6 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
February 2015 Ticket Price Increase Expected

Hey folks!

This is still at the rumor stage so I'm not posting it on the blog, but it's very likely to happen.

It's been a full year since Disney has last raised its Theme Park Ticket prices, which means that we have another increase coming any time now. The most likely date is mid-February. Based on historical data, it will probably be a between $3-5 increase on the single day tickets that trickles down through the multi-day passes. It also seems like the no-expiration add-on is being discontinued.

If you can buy your tickets now, it's a good idea. Last year we only had about 36 hours notice from the press release to the increase.

alicemouse's picture

Also if you get your tickets through Undercover Tourist or Maple Leaf, you usually get a few extra days at the old rate. the WDW website has already stopped selling no expiration tickets, but as of last Thursday, UT and ML both still had the option available.

Honestly, no expiration seems like a weird thing to cancel. I doubt that a huge number of people actually bought 10-day tickets and used them 5 days at a time. My family bought extra days intentionally because they never expire, but that was back before no-expiration tickets cost extra. In fact, I used the extra days on my ticket during our honeymoon. It seems like such a great option to offer guests that "insurance policy" of sorts where if they become sick of get injured during their trip and can't use all of their days, they can come back and use them another time.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Kristen K.'s picture

Thanks for the added info!
Here's the WDWFG affiliate link for Maple Leaf Tickets

Allie's picture

Bought mine at the end of January for our December trip, just in case! awesome

Sid Man's picture

UK prices on a 14-day (for the price of 7) have gone up to PS282 from PS255ish last year...

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

Kristen K.'s picture

This continues to be leaked information, and we will not consider it official until announced by Disney.

However..... Tom Corless is saying that this has been confirmed.

"According to sources, a 1-day Magic Kingdom base ticket will be priced at $105.00 (plus tax), while a ticket for Hollywood Studios, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom will be $99.00 (plus tax). All other ticket prices will be raised similarly, probably by the same increments as the last price change seen at the Disney Parks."

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/02/confirmed-walt-disney-world-ticket-price-increase-coming-this-month-1-day-tickets-to-exceed-100/