Food and Wine 2015 MENUS POSTED!!!!!

Login to post comments
48 posts / 0 new
JMed's picture
Food and Wine 2015 MENUS POSTED!!!!!

Food and Wine is quickly approaching!!! yay I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! stars

What are you looking forward to the most this year?? I think today's announcement that there will be booths in Future World is the best tid bit I've heard so far! yeah And the menu for The Chew booth sounds amazing.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/07/02/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-news-two-new-booths-and-the-chew-broadcasting-live-from-epcot

I am not a fan of The Chew (only because I work all day, I can't watch that) but I hear it's good and I may have to hulu a few episodes. I do love some Clinton Kelly...

I am patiently (on not really) waiting on the menus to come out.... It was around the end of July last year and I am stalking Facebook, the food blogs and the Disney site like a crazy person. waiting

What are you hoping makes a return this year? BACON HASH for me please.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

The Watchmaker's picture

Last year was our first F&W festival and loved it..Next year will be even better as we have free DDP and our snack credits will come in handy, especially for the fillet steak from Canada.. clapping

jhugo's picture

I am with you JMed and counting the days till the menus come out and I can decide what to try! Last year my favorites were the pasta in France and the vegetarian haggis in Scotland. I don't eat meat but do eat fish so I love how much I have to choose from.

The Watchmaker's picture

jhugo wrote:
I am with you JMed and counting the days till the menus come out and I can decide what to try! Last year my favorites were the pasta in France and the vegetarian haggis in Scotland. I don't eat meat but do eat fish so I love how much I have to choose from.

Whit.! eek Vegetarian Haggis.. yuck ...How could you eat that stuff... laugh

JMed's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
Last year was our first F&W festival and loved it..Next year will be even better as we have free DDP and our snack credits will come in handy, especially for the fillet steak from Canada.. clapping

The snack credits were the best!!!! We used all of ours for the week just at the festival!

jhugo wrote:

There was an AMAZING talapia at the Flower & Garden festival this year, I hope they have something similar!

jhugo's picture

JMed wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:

The snack credits were the best!!!! We used all of ours for the week just at the festival!

jhugo wrote:

There was an AMAZING talapia at the Flower & Garden festival this year, I hope they have something similar!

JMed there was a great tilapia with coconut lime sauce at the Brazil booth last year. So yummy. Oh and the mahi mahi at Singapore was so good too! Great now I am hungry! laugh

The Watchmaker's picture

jhugo wrote:
JMed wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:

jhugo wrote:

JMed there was a great tilapia with coconut lime sauce at the Brazil booth last year. So yummy. Oh and the mahi mahi at Singapore was so good too! Great now I am hungry! laugh

Here's the mummy haggis out having a stroll with her young ones..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg239.75 KB
Kris1971's picture

I'm counting on the Kimchi Hot Dog still being on the menu at the South Korea booth. That thing was scrumptious!

JMed's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
I'm counting on the Kimchi Hot Dog still being on the menu at the South Korea booth. That thing was scrumptious!

It was really good! Kimchi on anything is good!

Spook's picture

Im sad we're going to miss the festival this year. We really enjoyed it last year.

MrHub's picture

I'm sad scrappy doesn't like the Food & Wine Festival! Sad(

JMed's picture

MrHub wrote:
I'm sad scrappy doesn't like the Food & Wine Festival! Sad(

WHAAAAAAAAAT???? sad

I would have to leave Joe at home! laugh Oh wait I am... but he likes it and is a tad jealous.

amy1989's picture

I'm with the "impatiently waiting" people I'm a really fussy eater but I still make a huge list and force myself to try as many thing as possible and even though I will dislike more than I like in my eyes its a victory because I can now say "I know I don't like it I've tried it"

favourites from last year were basically anything from China booth, the chicken from Italy, the chicken from farm fresh and that fillet from Canada

great I'm hungry now!!!!

Mcheal's picture

The Festival is so nice we are going twice! Opening weekend with newly 21 year old daughter and then wife and I with our best friends in October. October has the benefit of staying at the boardwalk. Back gate give such easy access. It is expensive but you have to do Party of the Senses or 3D desserts once. Add it is definately worth paying the extra for the reserved seating. Dress up and make a big occasion out of it. On the more reasonable side, if you like wine (this is the food and WINE festivus) go to the wine tastings hosted by different wineries. Very well done! And the wine shop at the welcome center sells bottles at or below what you pay at a store. A bottle back to the room, on the patio is a great way to end the day. Oh, I am part of that can't wait group.

Allie's picture

JMed wrote:
Kris1971 wrote:

True story! awesome Wish I was able to go this year! I'll just have live vicariously through all of your guys' pictures! yay

JMed's picture

Allie wrote:
JMed wrote:
Kris1971 wrote:

True story! awesome Wish I was able to go this year! I'll just have live vicariously through all of your guys' pictures! yay

I promise to post lots and lots and lots of pics! I am going to pack a lot into 2 days... and by packing in a lot, I mean into my tummy! LOL

JMed's picture

I am wondering if the booths in Future World will open when the park opens or if they will open at 11 like the rest in World Showcase???

My daily mantra is now "post the menus, post the menus, post the menus" I have been impatiently stalking the interwebs.

JMed's picture

The menus are here!!!!

No bacon hash and no griddled cheese..... BUT, everything looks yummy!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

alicemouse's picture

Put me on the "super bummed about lack of griddles cheese" list. That was one of my top three. But...the scallop is back in Scotland!! yay I'll just eat there every day... biggrin

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Put me on the "super bummed about lack of griddles cheese" list. That was one of my top three. But...the scallop is back in Scotland!! yay I'll just eat there every day... biggrin

I KNEW that was one of your favorites. It was so good. I guess I will have to make my own!

The Watchmaker's picture

alicemouse wrote:

Must admit I love scallops..In fact I've a friend who is a fisherman and occasionally brings me a dozen or so, still in the shells, I had to buy me the proper knife to open and scoop them out, tho i cut off the roe ( orange part ) as iam not fond of it..Sea salt and squirt of fresh lemon juice,seared on both sides for two minutes..I believe chefs refer them as the Rolls Royce of the sea..

alicemouse's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
alicemouse wrote:

Must admit I love scallops..In fact I've a friend who is a fisherman and occasionally brings me a dozen or so, still in the shells, I had to buy me the proper knife to open and scoop them out, tho i cut off the roe ( orange part ) as iam not fond of it..Sea salt and squirt of fresh lemon juice,seared on both sides for two minutes..I believe chefs refer them as the Rolls Royce of the sea..

Sounds delicious! I could easily survive on the "meat" of the sea. Give me a never-ending supply of crab, scallops, shrimp, and maybe the occasional lobster and I'll never touch chicken or pork or beef again. laugh Even though she won't know what she's missing, I feel bad for my bestie who will be traveling with me. She would have loved the griddled greek cheese, but she's allergic to scallops.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

The Colonel's picture

I don't think I missed a year since 2002. It gets bigger every year. I remember way back, Sam Adams had a free beer tasting seminar. It wasn't even crowded. I drank my samples, my wife's and the imaginary guy on my left gave me his too. Beer

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Brinbunny's picture

The Colonel wrote:
I don't think I missed a year since 2002. It gets bigger every year. I remember way back, Sam Adams had a free beer tasting seminar. It wasn't even crowded. I drank my samples, my wife's and the imaginary guy on my left gave me his too. Beer

Did you not get one for Ron?

alicemouse's picture

The Colonel wrote:

awesome

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

Kris1971's picture

No Kimchi Hot Dog. So bummed! sad

JMed's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
No Kimchi Hot Dog. So bummed! sad

I thought I saw it?!?!?!?!?

Yes, it's in a different spot this year....

2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Refreshment Cool Post Menu

Frozen Brown Elephant
Mango Star featuring African Starr Rum
spicy hot dogs with kimchi slaw and korean mustard

I really liked it last year too!

I too could live on the meat of the sea. So delicious and most of it goes really well with butter! laugh

The Colonel's picture

Brinbunny wrote:
The Colonel wrote:

Did you not get one for Ron?

Ron?

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

I am happy the Brazil cheese bread is back and that frozen drink I cannot pronounce or spell!

I think a lot of it sounds dull though, same o same o. I know the cheese soup is popular but really, I thought it was too salty and just blah. There are so many dishes that could be on but they are just trudging out a lot of the same things which is a shame.

And I agree with the Colonel - Ron?

JMed's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
I am happy the Brazil cheese bread is back and that frozen drink I cannot pronounce or spell!

I think a lot of it sounds dull though, same o same o. I know the cheese soup is popular but really, I thought it was too salty and just blah. There are so many dishes that could be on but they are just trudging out a lot of the same things which is a shame.

And I agree with the Colonel - Ron?

The cheese soup was awful! yuck I was really looking forward to liking it but it was one bite and done. I think we threw it away after we each took one bite.

Brazil was by far our favorite booth as far as liking EVERYTHING. Oh and that drink!!!!!!

jhugo's picture

I am so sad for food and wine this year! As someone who doesn't eat meat but does eat some fish there is hardly anything for me to try. Even some of the fish has meat on it! A lot of my favorites are not listed and the Terra booth is now gone. We actually booked Via Napoli for the afternoon instead of food and wine. sad