Free dining

Login to post comments
97 posts / 0 new
oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867
Free dining

A guy on DIS site (who apparently has an inside source and considered very accurate) is reporting that Free Dining will be offered from Aug 28- second week in Dec with some black out dates. It will not be released all at once but rolled out a section at a time, with thru Sept coming out by early May. If this be so YEAH!!!! yay yay yay yay

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Ms.Mouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2013
Posts: 358

Great news!!! I will definitely plan my daughter's graduation trip around this clapping

SpamGoddess's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/10/2013
Posts: 292

I'm really, really hoping for a room only discount I can opt for instead of free dining. I already have park tickets, so ~free dining with a package isn't going to help me any. waiting

But if this is true, congrats to those of y'all who have been waiting for it!

__________________

MandaLynn's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/22/2013
Posts: 213

This is VERY welcome news!! yay I was hoping to hear something about Free Dining for our trip in late September-early October. Will keep my fingers crossed that this is accurate and it soon becomes Disney official mickey

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1671

Last year, the free dining and room discount offers came out around May 8th. If I remember correctly, we received 35% off our room when we booked at The Boardwalk. mickey

King Fergus

Well in our last trip in 2012 we got free QS DDP at PORS, this still made several ADRS..

jhugo's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2014
Posts: 717

Yeah!! I have been waiting to hear about the free dining. We got the deal last year and it was great. I will have to keep an eye out so I can call Disney ASAP and get it.

Bibi's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/20/2014
Posts: 43

Yay!
Great news, guys!!

stars

__________________

1996 - off proprety
1999 - Disneyland dream
2009 - All Star Sports
2010 - Boardwalk Inn
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - PORS
2013 - POFQ
2014 - CBR

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

I'm reserving my excitement until Disney officially announces it, but I'm liking that prediction! awesome We arrive on August 30th and are crossing our fingers for free dining crossfingers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2772

I wish they'd include DVC members Sad

SpamGoddess's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/10/2013
Posts: 292

JanJ wrote:
Last year, the free dining and room discount offers came out around May 8th. If I remember correctly, we received 35% off our room when we booked at The Boardwalk. mickey

I seem to recall a room discount being offered the same time as free dining last year! I'm only staying value, though, so I'm sure the top discount would be 20%. clapping

__________________

Princess Cupcake's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 226

And here's my question:

I am hoping for Free Dining (have actually changed from AoA to PORS because I am banking on Free Dining for our dates!), and our 180 day mark is coming up in a couple of weeks. I will book our ADR's based on my hope of getting free dining (but will probably change them in the event free dining actually isn't offered). What happens if/when Disney actually releases Free Dining and we have already booked all of our ADR's and paid for our Dining Package? Will my agent just change my reservation to reflect the Free Dining and credit back any overcharges? Is this something simple that people do all the time, or is this going to be a whole big mess to work out? I am worried that even if Free Dining is offered during our dates, that somehow we won't qualify for it because we've already booked/won't be offered at our resort/etc/etc....thoughts?

__________________

kathys's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 694

To Princess Cupcake I feel I can answer that question because that has happened to me twice (booking the meal plan before it was free) and I didn't have to do anything. My TA person (AAA rep) notified me right away that the meal plan is now being offered as free for our stay and she will be adjusting the bill accordingly. Which I know I don't have to say but I will what a nice savings that was and is. And one other time the free dining was offered to the Visa card holders so I just forward the email to her and she took care of it. So for me it was seamless and my TA person was and is fantastic.

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Bibi's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/20/2014
Posts: 43

Thanks Kathys for the helpful post.

As I'm planning to be at the WDW by mid September I've already made some ADRs by now. But I wasn't sure about making ADR at the CRT, as they charge you at the moment you book it.

I've never being to CRT - Advices anyone?

I've being to many other character meals before but never with kids, and I always get the feeling that they don't spend much time at our table, sadly. But I really don't care! I even got a Bday card once at the Tusker House! Yay!

muchlove

__________________

1996 - off proprety
1999 - Disneyland dream
2009 - All Star Sports
2010 - Boardwalk Inn
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - PORS
2013 - POFQ
2014 - CBR

kathys's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 694

Bibi they ask you for your Credit card but they will not charge anything on it unless you are a no show and you haven't called to cancel. I have done CRT 3 (because of going with people who have never been) times and for me it is a one time thing. And it cost you 2 TS (if on the dinning plan) and I don't think the food is that great. But to see the faces of the little ones light up when their favorite princess comes over to the table makes it feel better.

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Bibi's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/20/2014
Posts: 43

Really? I always thought they'd charge me the moment I book it!

I feel stupid now! Lol
rolling

I checked CRT's menu online several times before, but never really liked it. I was considering it just for the fun.
Well, I loved Akershus so I might just book it again " we can see the princesses and its only 1TS! Good for us!
Thanks again, Khatys

__________________

1996 - off proprety
1999 - Disneyland dream
2009 - All Star Sports
2010 - Boardwalk Inn
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - PORS
2013 - POFQ
2014 - CBR

kathys's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 694

Bibi They first time they asked for my credit card I said 'why' and they (Disney) explained it to me. And I agree Akershus is much better.

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Princess Cupcake's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 226

Thanks Kathys for the info! That's a weight off my mind. So I can go ahead and book my ADR's as planned then? My agent is really great as well, so I hope it will be a smooth transition if any free dining packages are released!

__________________

kathys's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 694

Princess Cupcake if you are anything like me you will be watching for it and if you see you will be contacting your agent...just to make sure. silly

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9464

Bibi wrote:
Really? I always thought they'd charge me the moment I book it!

I feel stupid now! Lol
rolling

I checked CRT's menu online several times before, but never really liked it. I was considering it just for the fun.
Well, I loved Akershus so I might just book it again " we can see the princesses and its only 1TS! Good for us!
Thanks again, Khatys

Bibi, if you are not on the meal pan when you book CRT, they will charge your credit card immediately. Once you get the meal plan, you can call them back and they will refund your money. Yes it is 2 credits per meal, and the food is okay, but nothing to rave about, especially breakfast.

sputnik's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/10/2014
Posts: 49

We are counting on this. Booked a family trip for the first week of November counting on the Free Dining to deliver. clapping

Providing our time doesn't fall within a black out date, both the kids will celebrate birthdays at Disney!

Bibi's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/20/2014
Posts: 43

mrhub wrote:
Bibi wrote:
Really? I always thought they'd charge me the moment I book it!

I feel stupid now! Lol
rolling

I checked CRT's menu online several times before, but never really liked it. I was considering it just for the fun.
Well, I loved Akershus so I might just book it again " we can see the princesses and its only 1TS! Good for us!
Thanks again, Khatys

Bibi, if you are not on the meal pan when you book CRT, they will charge your credit card immediately. Once you get the meal plan, you can call them back and they will refund your money. Yes it is 2 credits per meal, and the food is okay, but nothing to rave about, especially breakfast.

Oh, I see...so, if I just book it without having the DP they will charge me, but it is refundable. Great!
Thanks so much, Mr. Hub.

__________________

1996 - off proprety
1999 - Disneyland dream
2009 - All Star Sports
2010 - Boardwalk Inn
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - PORS
2013 - POFQ
2014 - CBR

Princess Cupcake's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 226

Yes, I will be keeping an eye out for it! The not knowing is driving me nuts...I know for the past five years they have offered Free Dining during our dates, but you just never know. Darn black out dates! Good thing I'm a betting woman!

__________________

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

oldtink wrote:
A guy on DIS site (who apparently has an inside source and considered very accurate) is reporting that Free Dining will be offered from Aug 28- second week in Dec with some black out dates. It will not be released all at once but rolled out a section at a time, with thru Sept coming out by early May. If this be so YEAH!!!! yay yay yay yay

Where are you seeing this, oldtink? I just went and looked on the dis boards and could only find posts saying there is going to be free dining but no dates are certain yet...

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

kathys wrote:
To Princess Cupcake I feel I can answer that question because that has happened to me twice (booking the meal plan before it was free) and I didn't have to do anything. My TA person (AAA rep) notified me right away that the meal plan is now being offered as free for our stay and she will be adjusting the bill accordingly. Which I know I don't have to say but I will what a nice savings that was and is. And one other time the free dining was offered to the Visa card holders so I just forward the email to her and she took care of it. So for me it was seamless and my TA person was and is fantastic.

Yeup, same here. My TA says as soon as she can punch it in it will become free. IF we only get QS meal plan (we are PODQ) we will probably pay the fee to upgrade, which is still a savings for us. According the TA we will see it first as a Visa Card holder offer but that means a bout a week later, open to public. According to the source it will be a "staggered" roll out, so the first month or part of will come out first and so on..... I am not complaining about free.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

oldtink wrote:
kathys wrote:
To Princess Cupcake I feel I can answer that question because that has happened to me twice (booking the meal plan before it was free) and I didn't have to do anything. My TA person (AAA rep) notified me right away that the meal plan is now being offered as free for our stay and she will be adjusting the bill accordingly. Which I know I don't have to say but I will what a nice savings that was and is. And one other time the free dining was offered to the Visa card holders so I just forward the email to her and she took care of it. So for me it was seamless and my TA person was and is fantastic.

Yeup, same here. My TA says as soon as she can punch it in it will become free. IF we only get QS meal plan (we are PODQ) we will probably pay the fee to upgrade, which is still a savings for us. According the TA we will see it first as a Visa Card holder offer but that means a bout a week later, open to public. According to the source it will be a "staggered" roll out, so the first month or part of will come out first and so on..... I am not complaining about free.

Moderates and deluxes get the regular DDP. Values get QS.

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Allie wrote:
oldtink wrote:
kathys wrote:
To Princess Cupcake I feel I can answer that question because that has happened to me twice (booking the meal plan before it was free) and I didn't have to do anything. My TA person (AAA rep) notified me right away that the meal plan is now being offered as free for our stay and she will be adjusting the bill accordingly. Which I know I don't have to say but I will what a nice savings that was and is. And one other time the free dining was offered to the Visa card holders so I just forward the email to her and she took care of it. So for me it was seamless and my TA person was and is fantastic.

Yeup, same here. My TA says as soon as she can punch it in it will become free. IF we only get QS meal plan (we are PODQ) we will probably pay the fee to upgrade, which is still a savings for us. According the TA we will see it first as a Visa Card holder offer but that means a bout a week later, open to public. According to the source it will be a "staggered" roll out, so the first month or part of will come out first and so on..... I am not complaining about free.

Moderates and deluxes get the regular DDP. Values get QS.

Someone one of the "other sites" said the last round was nothing for values, QS for moderates and so on.
We just plan for all possibilities and so there are no surprises. crossfingers

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2772

oldtink wrote:
Allie wrote:
oldtink wrote:
kathys wrote:
To Princess Cupcake I feel I can answer that question because that has happened to me twice (booking the meal plan before it was free) and I didn't have to do anything. My TA person (AAA rep) notified me right away that the meal plan is now being offered as free for our stay and she will be adjusting the bill accordingly. Which I know I don't have to say but I will what a nice savings that was and is. And one other time the free dining was offered to the Visa card holders so I just forward the email to her and she took care of it. So for me it was seamless and my TA person was and is fantastic.

Yeup, same here. My TA says as soon as she can punch it in it will become free. IF we only get QS meal plan (we are PODQ) we will probably pay the fee to upgrade, which is still a savings for us. According the TA we will see it first as a Visa Card holder offer but that means a bout a week later, open to public. According to the source it will be a "staggered" roll out, so the first month or part of will come out first and so on..... I am not complaining about free.

Moderates and deluxes get the regular DDP. Values get QS.

Someone one of the "other sites" said the last round was nothing for values, QS for moderates and so on.
We just plan for all possibilities and so there are no surprises. crossfingers

Last fall was QS for value and regular DDP for the others. I'd imagine it'd be the same this fall mickey

Bibi's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/20/2014
Posts: 43

oldtink wrote:
Allie wrote:
oldtink wrote:
kathys wrote:
To Princess Cupcake I feel I can answer that question because that has happened to me twice (booking the meal plan before it was free) and I didn't have to do anything. My TA person (AAA rep) notified me right away that the meal plan is now being offered as free for our stay and she will be adjusting the bill accordingly. Which I know I don't have to say but I will what a nice savings that was and is. And one other time the free dining was offered to the Visa card holders so I just forward the email to her and she took care of it. So for me it was seamless and my TA person was and is fantastic.

Yeup, same here. My TA says as soon as she can punch it in it will become free. IF we only get QS meal plan (we are PODQ) we will probably pay the fee to upgrade, which is still a savings for us. According the TA we will see it first as a Visa Card holder offer but that means a bout a week later, open to public. According to the source it will be a "staggered" roll out, so the first month or part of will come out first and so on..... I am not complaining about free.

Moderates and deluxes get the regular DDP. Values get QS.

Someone one of the "other sites" said the last round was nothing for values, QS for moderates and so on.
We just plan for all possibilities and so there are no surprises. crossfingers

We stayed at the POFQ in Sep. 2013 and we had the DDP (1 TS, 1QS and 1 Snack). Hopefully they are planning the same for this year! bighug

__________________

1996 - off proprety
1999 - Disneyland dream
2009 - All Star Sports
2010 - Boardwalk Inn
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - PORS
2013 - POFQ
2014 - CBR

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2985

This would be wonderful news! Since we got back from Disney in Dec 2013 we keep getting
Disney mail...I get excited when I open it because last year it contained a free dining offer
if we re-booked....but this year we have been averaging Mickey Mail about once a month asking
us to come back again- with absolutely no offer of any kind inside other than "we miss you".
I was taking this as a bad omen that further discounts are going to be slim in the future....

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Again, one of the "other sites" said that their father's friend, has a "guide" (not sure if that is a person or a flyer or just birdie whispers) who says the Sept FD is to start roll out on next Monday. Please, handler of pixie dust, we could use that! It's not like we won't spend the money somewhere else there.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney