Free Dining Fall 2015 Available

Login to post comments
45 posts / 0 new
NikkiMouse's picture
Free Dining Fall 2015 Available

I just modified my trip to include free dining for Fall 2015 if anyone is interested. The offer has some blackout dates and a PH is required. It was announced to the GP today by passing the Visa cardholders, so that was a bit surprising.

Kristen K.'s picture

I was really shocked that you had to have a 6 night minimum AND the Park Hopper or waterpark & more option. Sadly, the restrictions don't make the deal something I can take advantage of. Glad you were able to use it! awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

Ugh - scratch that, there's a 3 night minimum, tricky advertising people. Hrmmm.... maybe I can consider this.

NikkiMouse's picture

I was freaked out by the 6 night minimum too, but then when you go to the page, it is only 3 nights. Very tricky! I already had the PH, so that was not a huge deal. I was kind of surprised that they had made that a requirement this year though.

Kristen K.'s picture

NikkiMouse wrote:
I was freaked out by the 6 night minimum too, but then when you go to the page, it is only 3 nights. Very tricky! I already had the PH, so that was not a huge deal. I was kind of surprised that they had made that a requirement this year though.

It makes sense though, there have been rumors for the past couple of years that the promotion isn't doing what they want it too anymore. People have come to count on it and Disney needed to make it less of a loss leader on their side, business-wise it makes sense to insist on increase in ticket rather than cut the promotion. Disney doesn't have to shell out a cent for people to be able to Park Hop, the extra money purely off sets the loss of the dining. Pretty shrewd of them.

Spook's picture

I wish free dining was available to DVC members sad

jhugo's picture

So I am trying to get free dining but the line has been busy for the last 2 hours!! I guess I am spending my day hanging out by the phone.

NikkiMouse's picture

I have heard it has been bad. I got very lucky this morning and got online at 6:15 and modified my existing reservation through MDE. Do you already have a reservation? Did you try online?

alicemouse's picture

I was on hold for 90 minutes trying add the promotion to a package and then my call timed out. The website has been jacked up all morning and when I finally got in on the website, I can't change my room-only to a package to so I can the apply free dining! gaah I started trying to do this at 8:32 this morning and it is now 10:52. I have more than 200 attempted calls, all but one of which has resulted in a busy signal. Beyond frustrated.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

jhugo's picture

I am not sure how to change my reservations on line. I am horrible with computers! I have always called on the phone and had no problems. I already have a package with dining booked and I am not sure how to modify on line and not screw everything up! Well I will just keep playing the phone game and hanging out on the forum!

Kristen K.'s picture

First day of free dining is always insane. Just keep trying everyone! awesome

oHIo's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Ugh - scratch that, there's a 3 night minimum, tricky advertising people. Hrmmm.... maybe I can consider this.

Crossing my fingers for you!!! crossfingers Adding a little pixe dust as well. stars

Allie's picture

The website is being awful! Also, where on the website are you all seeing a 3 day minimum? I'm trying to switch a package right now that's only 4 nights so if it really is only a 3 night minimum that would be great! awesome

jhugo's picture

The web site won't even let me modify my reservations! The blurb about 3 day minimum is when you click on special offers and it takes you to the free dining offer page. Was able to chat with someone on line but they couldn't help me except to give me a phone number to call and told me to modify the reservation on line which it won't let me do!! gaah gaah gaah

oHIo's picture

Allie wrote:
The website is being awful! Also, where on the website are you all seeing a 3 day minimum? I'm trying to switch a package right now that's only 4 nights so if it really is only a 3 night minimum that would be great! awesome

Yup it is all in the details! Go to the special offers for free dining and then go to the "detail" tab! Good luck everyone!

As a DVC member, AP holder and TIW it just doesn't make sense for me but for those who aren't as fortunate as I am, it can be a good deal, especially since it is being offered for the less crowded times of the year! mickey

NikkiMouse's picture

jhugo wrote:
The web site won't even let me modify my reservations! The blurb about 3 day minimum is when you click on special offers and it takes you to the free dining offer page. Was able to chat with someone on line but they couldn't help me except to give me a phone number to call and told me to modify the reservation on line which it won't let me do!! gaah gaah gaah

When you go online to your MDE, go under reservations. From there will be a modify button underneath where it says confirmation number. When you click on that, new offers option will show up. If you need anything else, I can try to send screen shots.

jhugo's picture

NikkiMouse wrote:
jhugo wrote:

When you go online to your MDE, go under reservations. From there will be a modify button underneath where it says confirmation number. When you click on that, new offers option will show up. If you need anything else, I can try to send screen shots.

Yes I can get to the modify reservation screen but when I click on dining plan the same prices are on there. I am wondering if I have to cancel my current dining plan reservations and rebook?

NikkiMouse's picture

jhugo wrote:
NikkiMouse wrote:
jhugo wrote:

Yes I can get to the modify reservation screen but when I click on dining plan the same prices are on there. I am wondering if I have to cancel my current dining plan reservations and rebook?

Oh I see. Two people I know sat on hold for 2 hours and then wound up getting disconnected after all that time, so they rebooked a new trip. I can understand the frustration after all the time trying to get through. I am sending you positive vibes and pixie dust! stars

alicemouse's picture

I got disconnected at around 90 minutes the first time. It took me about an hour to get through again only to get cut off at 60 minutes again! Back on hold now...estimated wait time = 90min. wheelchair I'm getting old waiting...

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

NikkiMouse's picture

alicemouse wrote:
I got disconnected at around 90 minutes the first time. It took me about an hour to get through again only to get cut off at 60 minutes again! Back on hold now...estimated wait time = 90min. wheelchair I'm getting old waiting...

I just logged onto MDE to double check something and it seems like the website is better than it was if you can try online. I know some people were unable to modify through the website though.

alicemouse's picture

NikkiMouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:

I just logged onto MDE to double check something and it seems like the website is better than it was if you can try online. I know some people were unable to modify through the website though.

Yep that's my problem. I need to add tickets to convert a room-only to a package and then apply the package offer. I can't add the tickets from the site I have to use to modify the reservation. Only 35 more minutes of estimated hold time....zzzzzzz..... laugh

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

Mad Hatter's picture

I just got to the change options via the website. I was allowed to select the free dining option. But then was told that there were no rooms available at the Poly for the standard view that I currently have a reservation for gaah waiting

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

Allie's picture

The website is still being slow and glitchy but it slowly but surely seems to be getting better. I at least was able to get through enough to price out a couple new options. Only took my 5 hours though...

alicemouse's picture

Mad Hatter wrote:
I just got to the change options via the website. I was allowed to select the free dining option. But then was told that there were no rooms available at the Poly for the standard view that I currently have a reservation for gaah waiting

yuck

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

jhugo's picture

So I was able to try to make changes on the Disney website however the only rooms left with free dining at the Wilderness are the club level rooms which in the end would cost us more money! gaah gaah gaah

alicemouse's picture

jhugo wrote:
So I was able to try to make changes on the Disney website however the only rooms left with free dining at the Wilderness are the club level rooms which in the end would cost us more money! gaah gaah gaah

sad

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

Kris1971's picture

Dang...missed it by 2 days! GRRR.

MrHub's picture

Mad Hatter wrote:

The Poly might be a hard one to get that with since there are so many less rooms for the regular resort now that they took so may for DVC.

Allie's picture

Ugh this website is driving me absolutely insane. I can book the package if I do it as a new reservation, but when I go in to try and make the exact same changes to an existing reservation it say that rates and availability are not available at this time. Been working on this for going on 7 hours now...

alicemouse's picture

Allie wrote:
Ugh this website is driving me absolutely insane. I can book the package if I do it as a new reservation, but when I go in to try and make the exact same changes to an existing reservation it say that rates and availability are not available at this time. Been working on this for going on 7 hours now...

I feel your frustration, Allie. I just tipped over the 8-hour mark. At 2:15:xx on this call, I spoke with a very nice CM who couldn't help me because she wasn't trained to work with TA's (I called the TA line) and she had to put me BACK AT THE END of the queue! Call time is now 4:07. Still on hold. Nevermind the 60 and 90 minute calls that were dropped earlier and a total of 90 minutes of busy signals. I have literally dialed this number more than 200 times today. gaah I can't believe that they didn't release AP & Disney Visa first. This is insane.

Did you have any success yet?

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

Pixarpixie's picture

Although I wasn't able to make any adjustments to my reservation through the Chat feature on the website I was able to get a little info. Thought I'd share:

Janelle: The 2015 Free Dining offer is available for stays ranging from three to 14 nights and must include a minimum of a two day Magic Your Way ticket with either a Park Hopper(r) or Water Park Fun and More option (or both!)
Janelle: The following resorts are not participating in the 2015 Free Dining special offer:
~ The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort,
~ Disney's All Star Movies Resort,
~ Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Little Mermaid Standard Rooms only),
~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort " French Quarter,
~ Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort,
~ Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
In addition, all 3 Bedroom Grand Villas are not part of the special offer.

Been trying for 5 hours and I will not give up! clapping crossfingers waiting

~Pixarpixie