Fun Finds or Secrets

Login to post comments
29 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 08/01/2011
Posts: 5
Fun Finds or Secrets

Hello, Just signed up to see if I could find some new "Fun Finds" at any of the Disney Orlando Parks:
I am not looking for the many hidden Mickeys or trivia facts, I am looking for things like "picking up the phones to hear conversations" or "look under the matt at The Muppets" "pull the rope at Indiana Jones".....these types of things......so if you have any, I am sure not only myself would love to hear them, but many others would too......Thanks so much!

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4656

welcome furnman you will muchlove it here at WDWFG and if you delve into our past threads and postings you will find many of the exact things you are looking for.

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9472

Hello Furman & welcome . I'm sure we accommodate you with some fun filled facts with all the Disney lovers around here!
You may already know them and you may not. Did you know about the hidden paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island. There are six of them.

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2011
Posts: 5

yes I do have that one down...Thank You!

JustCar's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2010
Posts: 1042

rope at indiana jones pardon?

__________________

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2011
Posts: 5

In front of the Indiana Jones Theatre @DHS there is a rope going down into a well and a sign that says "please don't pull on rope" with the word "Don't" crossed out.........and if you pull on it you hear someone yell down below....it's pretty funny...in-laws really got a kick out of it....in fact they kept wanting to know more of those types of things rather than just ride rides.

JustCar's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2010
Posts: 1042

I love that
I wonder how many there really are

__________________

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Welcome!

Have you looked at the bottom of the directory in the Tower of Terror line? Thats my favorite.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Hmm those are the main ones that I know about...one of my favorites is the Singin' in the Rain Umbrella at DHS. If you grab a hold of the handle it rains on you.

Also, this one is kind of common but in front of Kali River Rapids there are buttons that you can push so you can soak people on the way by.

Put your elbows on the table or get up without asking to use the restroom when eating at Prime Time.

Ask for a coke or ketchup at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

__________________

mickey Bella


Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Bella wrote:
Hmm those are the main ones that I know about...one of my favorites is the Singin' in the Rain Umbrella at DHS. If you grab a hold of the handle it rains on you.

Also, this one is kind of common but in front of Kali River Rapids there are buttons that you can push so you can soak people on the way by.

Put your elbows on the table or get up without asking to use the restroom when eating at Prime Time.

Ask for a coke or ketchup at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Where's that umbrella at?

__________________

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2011
Posts: 5

Here are just a few I have discovered, just on Main Street alone @MK (some are just observations): The phones you can pick up and eavesdrop, The street lamp posts are a timeline- starting with gas and ending with electric, The names in the barber shop on the blackboard for "who's up next" are actually names of past hurricanes, No trash can is further than 30 steps away (in all parks), turn right down Center Street and you will hear someone taking singing lessons upstairs, and everyone knows this one-those are not real cookies you smell at the bakery, but a vanilla scent being piped in...there are many more but those are a few worth noting...let me know if you have others to share....Thanks!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Jess wrote:

Where's that umbrella at?

It's right near the Lights Motor Action thingy.

Also, in addition to the rope at Indiana Jones there are some crates that say "Do not Open"..you can totally open them!

__________________

mickey Bella


Offline
Joined: 08/01/2011
Posts: 5

I found this one floating around the internet....I have never witnessed this, so now I am very curious. can anyone verify this one?
"While Riding the river boat in MK, look into the water while going around. You can see several characters under the water including Steam Boat Willie mickey and the bad guy who ran the boat cant remember his name at the moment. Ive seen these 2 and pluto looking like hes trying to swim.

Im told there are 12."

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Furnman wrote:
I found this one floating around the internet....I have never witnessed this, so now I am very curious. can anyone verify this one?
"While Riding the river boat in MK, look into the water while going around. You can see several characters under the water including Steam Boat Willie mickey and the bad guy who ran the boat cant remember his name at the moment. Ive seen these 2 and pluto looking like hes trying to swim.

Im told there are 12."

Whatt?!?!?! I have NEVER heard that before..that sounds awesome. How could you see in that murky water though? Defineatly something worth trying though--especially since I haven't been on the River Boat in 800 years.

__________________

mickey Bella


Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Never heard that.... We will have to try that when we are there

__________________

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

When you are getting on the dinosaur ride there are three pipes which contain the necessary chemicals to time travel laugh They are yellow, red, and white and the chemical compounds on the pipes are the actual combinations for mustard, ketchup, and mayonaise.

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

ChipnDaleFan wrote:
When you are getting on the dinosaur ride there are three pipes which contain the necessary chemicals to time travel laugh They are yellow, red, and white and the chemical compounds on the pipes are the actual combinations for mustard, ketchup, and mayonaise.

lol!

Thats a good one!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Mirrasi's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/17/2011
Posts: 53

I'm going to MK Saturday. I'll ride the riverboat and check it out.

Anything else??? I just read all of these and I didn't know a a single one! (not even the vanilla scent, lol)

Offline
Joined: 11/04/2011
Posts: 4

Mase wrote:
Welcome!

Have you looked at the bottom of the directory in the Tower of Terror line? Thats my favorite.

That has not existed for the better part of a decade.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

SeeVee wrote:
Mase wrote:
Welcome!

Have you looked at the bottom of the directory in the Tower of Terror line? Thats my favorite.

That has not existed for the better part of a decade.

?

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 11/04/2011
Posts: 4

Mase wrote:
SeeVee wrote:
Mase wrote:
Welcome!

Have you looked at the bottom of the directory in the Tower of Terror line? Thats my favorite.

That has not existed for the better part of a decade.

?

After 9/11, that was removed and it has not been put back. Ive looked each time I have been(about 10 times) and it has not been replaced.

Mase wrote:
SeeVee wrote:
Mase wrote:
Welcome!

Have you looked at the bottom of the directory in the Tower of Terror line? Thats my favorite.

That has not existed for the better part of a decade.

?

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

I have heard rumors about this before..I've seen it myself since 9/11 so it is still there..BUT..I have heard that this is not an "official" Disney Imagineer planned thing and it was actually a bellhop that first did it and now bellhops keep putting it back..so who knows. It was also on a Samantha Brown special not too long ago.

__________________

mickey Bella


Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Here is a video where you can see it:

__________________

mickey Bella


Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Its very much still there. I saw it the last time we were there last year. Ill even take a pic next week. Its very much still there.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 08/20/2011
Posts: 397

Does anyone know if the talking water fountain is still at epcot. I saw it on youtube and my husband and I tried looking for it but couldn't find it .

Offline
Joined: 11/04/2011
Posts: 4

Mase wrote:
Its very much still there. I saw it the last time we were there last year. Ill even take a pic next week. Its very much still there.

Just left there two days ago and it was NOT there. There only thing there was a "w." Most "w's" in the word "lower" were missing.

o

Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499

At Muppet*Vision 3D there's a sign in the box office saying that the key is under the mat. Lift the mat and you'll see it.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6712

BuffaloBill wrote:
At Muppet*Vision 3D there's a sign in the box office saying that the key is under the mat. Lift the mat and you'll see it.

Cool. I have a picture of that sign. I never thought to actually look under the mat. I'll have to remember to next time.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

SeeVee wrote:
Mase wrote:
Its very much still there. I saw it the last time we were there last year. Ill even take a pic next week. Its very much still there.

Just left there two days ago and it was NOT there. There only thing there was a "w." Most "w's" in the word "lower" were missing.

o

Yeah when we went we saw it wasnt there either just forgot to come back here and post that

__________________