*gulp* scariest attraction!?

Login to post comments
37 posts / 0 new
Pegosaurus's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 467
*gulp* scariest attraction!?

C'mon then, which attraction frightens you the most?? For me it's a toss up between Dinosaur and Tower of Terror. Jump-up-and-down pull-out-your-hair exciting of course, but still scary. No matter how many times I go in the hollywood hotel I go through the exact same thought process:

Walking through the garden queue..."oh, well this is a little creepy"...

Entering the hotel..."oh...it's kind of grim and chilly in here. Maybe i shouldn't bother?"...

Watching the twilight zone video..."arrrggghhhh nervous nervous nervous nervous nervous"...

Walking through the dark dark boiler room getting ever closer and closer to the lifts..."oh my god oh my god why haven't I learnt before that this is the scariest thing EVER oh my god why am I doing this again"....

Sitting straight up, shakey and probably a little nauseous in the lift..."there is no way this can go well; will I ever see daylight again!? Probably not. "...

The lift moves up crackling ghosts beckon me..."right. That's it. I'm definitely a gonner. And it's all my fault for going on this stupid ride. If I ever survive this I promise I will never go on anything scarier than 'It's a Small World" ever again."...

Doors open and lift falls..."oh...actually this is quite fun! Weeee! What a pleasant falling sensation!"...

Exit ride..."WANNAGOAGAINWANNAGOAGAINWANNAGOAGAIN!!!!!"

Repeat until park closing.

As for Dinosaur, well, once I'm actually on the ride there is absolutely no convincing myself that the big guy at the end is just animatronics, and I'm not actually back in the cretaceous period about to be devoured by the carnivour of all carnivours. Eep. HEEEELLP!!!!!!

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

The long climb on Everest always has me looking over the side thinking about how high up it's going, the rest of the ride is a breeze after that. Oddly, higher climbs on other rides don't worry me at all.

The ride that really scares me though is It's a Small World, it takes me hours to get over that one biggrin

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

I was going to say "It's a Small World" also. biggrin

I LOVE Tower of Terror, so I wouldn't say that's too scary for me.

Dinosaur is pretty scary, but also painful. I've made my feelings about that ride abundantly clear (and will again in an upcoming column of "Jolly Holiday" - yeah, shameless plug! laugh )

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

TOT, hands down. Did it once (because I try and do everything at least once) and...never again. But Peg - seriously...your write up should be used by WDW somewhere. Brilliant! clapping

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

Summit Plummet strikes fear into me, if you are counting the water parks. That's the only thing at Disney I will never, ever, ever go on. Ever.

Pegosaurus's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 467

Actually, Jeff that's a very good point - Summit Plummet the only thing I haven't dared ride! Only because I have been on a kamikazee waterslide before and absolutely hated it. Who likes not being able to breathe because a brick of water is slamming you in the face? Not me.

Lizzy_B wrote:
TOT, hands down. Did it once (because I try and do everything at least once) and...never again. But Peg - seriously...your write up should be used by WDW somewhere. Brilliant! clapping

Haha, thanks! How good would it be if your job involved spending your days writing up about Disney rides?! Cannot imagine anything better! Unless your job involved spending your days riding Disney rides. That would probably be better.

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

For me it's Dinosaur..don't get me wrong I LOVE it but I always forget when the things pop out & it gets me everytime. I love everything about ToT..it's creepy..but I know what to expect..the anticipation is what kills me with that!

__________________

mickey Bella


teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

I will never go on Summit Plummet unless I at some point make a decision to ride EVERYTHING in the parks. I've been on those slides before, and really really really don't see the point - all they do is hurt and you end up with a massive wedgie afterward.

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Peter Pan's Flight is pretty terrifying...that line...

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Summit Plummet strikes fear into me, if you are counting the water parks. That's the only thing at Disney I will never, ever, ever go on. Ever.

I didn't even THINK about that. Yeah. No. No way. Ever. Not even once.

cdub wrote:
Peter Pan's Flight is pretty terrifying...that line...

I know, right? What in the world? But I love it. I guess it's because that little boat is so darn cute!

__________________

TDGar's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2010
Posts: 34

The scariest ride for me is definitely Mission Space! I get sick everytime, which is why I don't ride it anymore! It terrifies me though! That little space..going round and round..the very many warnings before you get in.. yuck

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

TDGar wrote:
The scariest ride for me is definitely Mission Space! I get sick everytime, which is why I don't ride it anymore! It terrifies me though! That little space..going round and round..the very many warnings before you get in.. yuck

I know! The warnings are the scariest part of that ride. They have you convinced you're doomed!

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

Brad wrote:
TDGar wrote:
The scariest ride for me is definitely Mission Space! I get sick everytime, which is why I don't ride it anymore! It terrifies me though! That little space..going round and round..the very many warnings before you get in.. yuck

I know! The warnings are the scariest part of that ride. They have you convinced you're doomed!

Oh, good point! We first rode it before they tamed it down and I seriously thought i was going to die. I was sick after it.

Now that they have toned it down a bit, I'm ok with it and we do the more intense version.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

I get motion sick pretty easily and I have mild claustrophobia so they had me really worried by the time I rode it the first time. I focused really intently on keeping my head back and looking straight ahead and not closing my eyes. It made me mildly nauseous, not so much that I wouldn't ride it again, but enough that I certainly don't ride it every trip.

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

I dont find any scary really, i do always jump at the big dinosaur at the end of the ride though, no matter how many times i ride it!

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

LeCellierBuff1963's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 529

Hi,

I'd probably ride Summit Plummet just to say I did it, and remember to keep my legs CLOSED if I'm floating toward the metal bannister on the pool steps....

Jim

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Peg, that is an AWESOME description of the feelings during ToT!! laugh

I have to agree that Summit Plummet is one thing that I cannot try. I'm terrified of it! Seriously, how do you not fly off of that slide?!?

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

admin wrote:
Peg, that is an AWESOME description of the feelings during ToT!! laugh

I have to agree that Summit Plummet is one thing that I cannot try. I'm terrified of it! Seriously, how do you not fly off of that slide?!?

Just remembered...DH did it. He said that his back wasn't even touching the slide part of the time! But then he came down hard, and ended up with a scratch that stayed red for quite a while. No blood, but he said it didn't feel good exactly. Um k no thx.

And I totally forgot about Mission Space...never rode it...

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

admin wrote:
Peg, that is an AWESOME description of the feelings during ToT!! laugh

I have to agree that Summit Plummet is one thing that I cannot try. I'm terrified of it! Seriously, how do you not fly off of that slide?!?

Just remembered...DH did it. He said that his back wasn't even touching the slide part of the time! But then he came down hard, and ended up with a scratch that stayed red for quite a while. No blood, but he said it didn't feel good exactly. Um k no thx.

And I totally forgot about Mission Space...never rode it...

__________________

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Was it summit plummit or the smaller one (slusher gusher i think?) that has a lump 1/2 way down that causes you to lift off the slide?

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Tony wrote:
Was it summit plummit or the smaller one (slusher gusher i think?) that has a lump 1/2 way down that causes you to lift off the slide?

What?!!? That sounds like the worst idea ever!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Summit Plummit..I just don't know about that one.......looking at it scares me a bit. I guess it's because every other ride you a strapped in..and this one it's just you and a slide.....

__________________

mickey Bella


SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

I've got to go with Expedition Everest. I'm a bit afraid of heights. When I saw how high that thing had climbed, I had this moment of sheer terror, thinking there's no way this fragile little roller coaster is going to stay on the tracks and not send us all plunging to our deaths. After that, everything happened so fast, I could only go along with it, but I was shaking when I got off the ride. Still, it was fun, and I'd do it again.

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

SoloFriendly wrote:
I've got to go with Expedition Everest. I'm a bit afraid of heights. When I saw how high that thing had climbed, I had this moment of sheer terror, thinking there's no way this fragile little roller coaster is going to stay on the tracks and not send us all plunging to our deaths. After that, everything happened so fast, I could only go along with it, but I was shaking when I got off the ride. Still, it was fun, and I'd do it again.

I did forget about that climb up EE..when you can see the Epcot ball..toooo high!

__________________

mickey Bella


SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Bella wrote:
SoloFriendly wrote:
I've got to go with Expedition Everest. I'm a bit afraid of heights. When I saw how high that thing had climbed, I had this moment of sheer terror, thinking there's no way this fragile little roller coaster is going to stay on the tracks and not send us all plunging to our deaths. After that, everything happened so fast, I could only go along with it, but I was shaking when I got off the ride. Still, it was fun, and I'd do it again.

I did forget about that climb up EE..when you can see the Epcot ball..toooo high!

I'm usually not great with heights, but this has never bothered me. I guess I felt that the sides of the coaster were pretty high, so somehow it was safer. laugh

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Noturna's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2011
Posts: 95

Hands down: Summit Plummit. When I got up there and I realized I could see the tip of Mission Everest...I thought for sure I`d sh*t my pants (If I were wearing any).

Besides, there's always that hovering question: Will I lose my bathing suit?

__________________

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Noturna wrote:
Hands down: Summit Plummit. When I got up there and I realized I could see the tip of Mission Everest...I thought for sure I`d sh*t my pants (If I were wearing any).

Besides, there's always that hovering question: Will I lose my bathing suit?

But you went for it, right?

Noturna's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2011
Posts: 95

cdub wrote:
Noturna wrote:
Hands down: Summit Plummit. When I got up there and I realized I could see the tip of Mission Everest...I thought for sure I`d sh*t my pants (If I were wearing any).

Besides, there's always that hovering question: Will I lose my bathing suit?

But you went for it, right?

Yep. That was my first time in a Water Park, I HAD to...Besides,going to Blizzard Beach and not riding (sliding?) Summit Plummit is like, not going at all!

I also didn't lose my bathing suit. Next time I'm wearing a one-piece though...It'll make me feel less vulnerable...

__________________

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

Noturna wrote:

Yep. That was my first time in a Water Park, I HAD to...Besides,going to Blizzard Beach and not riding (sliding?) Summit Plummit is like, not going at all!

I also didn't lose my bathing suit. Next time I'm wearing a one-piece though...It'll make me feel less vulnerable...

So was it as scary as it looked?

Offline
Joined: 04/08/2011
Posts: 49

For me it has to be Rock N Rollercoaster. I hate rides with loops! Although I have been told by people that you can't even feel when you're upside down, I just know I will have some sort of anxiety attack probably waiting in line. The anxiety is the part that's stopping me from trying this ride.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Raven wrote:
For me it has to be Rock N Rollercoaster. I hate rides with loops! Although I have been told by people that you can't even feel when you're upside down, I just know I will have some sort of anxiety attack probably waiting in line. The anxiety is the part that's stopping me from trying this ride.

I think anxiety stopped me from riding Tower of Terror for YEARS -- that's such a good deduction. If I didn't have to wait in line for a scary ride, I wouldn't talk myself out of it. mickey