H0ney227's Disneymoon Trip Report

Login to post comments
38 posts / 0 new
h0ney227's picture
H0ney227's Disneymoon Trip Report

I'm back! Sorry Ive been away for a while. Was super busy with wedding stuff and then DH and I had a limited internet agreement while on vacation. I will be working on the trip report in a little while. We had a great time. It was Lances first time to WDW and I'm glad to say he is officially a fan. We are planning a return trip with my parents coming up sometime next year.

Kris1971's picture

Welcome home and Congratulations!

JanJ's picture

Congrats on the wedding and Disneymoon! Can't wait to read all about it. Also happy to hear that your hubby is a fan. clapping

Mandy's picture

Congratulations!!!

Wow, a Disneymoon! If I was doing it again, Jan and I would have done a Disneymoon in a heartbeat!

Congratulations to you both and I wish you all the best. mickey

Looking forward to your TR too! biggrin

h0ney227's picture

Day 1:
So here it goes, we started off leaving a freezing cold snowy Philly on Monday 17 March. We arrived in a rainy Orlando at about 1:30 pm and got right on our bus and on our way to the Villas at the Grand Floridian. We checked in and our rooms were ready right away. So first things first we went and got some cupcakes and our refillable mugs at Gaspirillas. I got Pina colada (it was okay) and Lance got black forest i think? Then it was off to check out our room! It was beautiful and we had a great view of Bay Lake. After we ate our cupcakes and relaxed for a bit we walked over to the Poly for dinner at Ohana's. We had a bit of extra time before so we did some exploring around the Poly. It was wonderful. Lance had an Angry Orchard Cider and I had a Lapu Lapu. It was great. It went really quick though, I kind of felt a little bit rushed until it came to dessert. Dinner at Ohana's was Lances favorite meal the whole trip.After dinner we were exhausted. We walked back to the VFG and went right to bed around 9. We woke up about an hour later because we heard Wishes fireworks. We went over to the balcony and we had a perfect view of the fire works. Right after that it was back to bed!

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_0952.jpg
img_0952.jpg1.55 MB
img_0951.jpg
img_0951.jpg1.73 MB
img_0956.jpg
img_0956.jpg2.35 MB
img_0966.jpg
img_0966.jpg2.85 MB
img_0959.jpg
img_0959.jpg2.23 MB
img_0962.jpg
img_0962.jpg1.67 MB
img_0963.jpg
img_0963.jpg2.03 MB

Mandy's picture

That sounds yummy and a great start to the trip!

disneydoc's picture

Oooooo cupcake pics! muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture

welcome back and congrats TR is off to a great start! Do you have any wedding pictures to share?

h0ney227's picture

Had to put the ear hats in there. Forgot to mention I had them waiting in the room for when we arrived. mickey

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_0942.jpg
img_0942.jpg1.45 MB
img_0949.jpg
img_0949.jpg857.07 KB
img_0926.jpg
img_0926.jpg2.25 MB
img_0981.jpg
img_0981.jpg1.72 MB

JanJ's picture

Beautiful bride! Love the ear hats. awesome

Oh Brittany you made a beautiful bride.

Stunning! awesome

JMed's picture

Beautiful bride and dress! Can't wait to hear the rest!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture

congratulations! looking forward to reading more about your trip.

h0ney227's picture

Awe thank you everyone biggrin . I'm going to start Day 2 after work tonight and tomorrow night if I'm not finished.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

congrats Love your dress!

amy1989's picture

Beautiful Pictures and great TR! congrats

disneydoc's picture

Lovely! mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Kris1971's picture

You looked beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

The Colonel's picture

great stuff!

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Allie's picture

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your dress! Gorgeous! muchlove

MrHub's picture

Very lovely!

h0ney227's picture

Day 2 Animal Kingdom
We woke up at 7:30 and then got ready for our first full day. It took a bit longer than expected because my stomach was killing me! But there was no way I was going to let that stop us from going to the park, After all it was Lances first time to WDW so he had things to see. We got to AK right at opening at 9.
First thing we did was look around at some of the animals that were out. Our first fast pass was for Safari at 9:35. We got there and there was already a 40 min standby line so we got in line to use our Fastpass and got right on the safari. After that we went on the Pangini exploration trails. Those gorillas always scare me and Lance wanted to watch them forever. We caught the Flights of Wonder show which was really cool. Went on our fast pass for Everest which is now Lances favorite ride. After that we had lunch at Yak and Yeti QS. Lance had some sandwich and I had honey chicken. I remember it being only okay because my stomach was hurting really bad.
We did some other things like Maharaja Jungle Trek and used our fast pass for Dinosaur. On Dinosaur the long necked one was out of service so it didn't even move and everyone was looking around like what are we supposed to be looking for. On our way out we caught Its Tough to be a Bug, Lance loved it and thought I poked him in the back. He still doesn't believe it was the show. Our original plan included staying for the parade but it was still early and the park was super super packed.
We got out of AK pretty early around 2 because we were getting tired and we did everything we wanted to do. So we headed back to our room. Or tried to head back, the bus ride was the longest ride ever! I felt like we stopped everywhere. And then we had to sit on the bus for 15 mins at the GF and the driver wouldn't let us out because there was a line of buses! We finally got back to our room and took naps.
After naps we went to EPCOT early to explore and catch our dinner for La Hacienda. We decided to walk to the ticket and transportation center since the resort monorail was down. Whoever said that walk was short was a big liar! We finally got on the EPCOT monorail. We went right on Spaceship Earth because it had no line. After that we explored some and went to dinner. We only had to wait 15 mins for our reservation and we were 20 mins early. Dinner was great and so was the service. We shared the La Hacienda meal and it was amazing! We almost ate the whole thing (stomach was starting to feel better). There was so much food. For drinks Lance had the orange fire margarita and I had the rose margarita. Im not really a margarita fan but it was really good. Lances was way too spicy for me but he loved it. I forget what we had for dessert but we could see Illuminations right out the windows.
We got finished eating right after the show, so as you can probably imagine, trying to walk up to the front of the park and catch a monorail was a nightmare. We had to wait for 3 monorails to pass before we finally got on ours. By the time we got on the resort monorail we could see that Wishes was going on in MK. We went right to bed after we got home.
So far we were loving the Magic Bands! They were great and super easy to use. No problems with Fastpass+ either. The lines to scan the bands were usually a little long, maybe 7 mins but after that we were walking right on all the rides on a super busy park day. Sorry theres not many pictures from this day. The whole trip my goal was to take a ton of pictures and I didn't do so well Sad

Lances favorite thing: The Safari and Everest
Lances least favorite: transportation that day
Brittanys favorite thing: Everest and nap time
Brittanys least favorite: being sick and transportation nightmares

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_0972.jpg
img_0972.jpg4.6 MB
img_0974.jpg
img_0974.jpg3.09 MB
img_0977.jpg
img_0977.jpg1.98 MB
img_0978.jpg
img_0978.jpg2 MB
img_0979.jpg
img_0979.jpg2.03 MB

The Colonel's picture

Those drinks look good.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

congrats Honey congrats

I also got the orange fire margarita it was so good awesome love the trip report and the pictures Smile

h0ney227's picture

Day 3
Magic Kingdom today. We got up bright and early and on our way to see the Magic Kingdom opening show. I've been to Disney I don't even know how many times and until this day I have never seen the opening show. It was super cute and I'm glad we went to go see it. After this we headed over to Adventure land and were disappointed to see that Aloha Isles was closed. Like who wouldn't want a dole whip first thing in the morning? (Don't worry we went back later) After that we walked right on Jungle Cruise and Pirates. We got stuck on Pirates for about 15 mins and it is now Lance's least favorite ride. We used fast passes for Buzz, Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Splash Mountain was still down. For lunch we ate at Columbia Harbor House. Lance had a chicken salad and I had a lobster roll. We went on the people mover 3 times because it's still my favorite. Lance took a nap in the Carousel of Progress. We went over to the new character tents to meet Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy. They were a lot of fun. Until Daisy told me she was stealing Lance and they were going to get married. I don't know if she's my favorite anymore...For Dinner we had an ADR for BOG. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for our resi. We ate in the Music box room? I was a little upset we didn't eat in the main ballroom but it was much quieter in the room we were in. Lance had the steak and I had the lamb. He loved his but mine was really fatty and didn't have much meat. He had the grey stuff and I had the strawberry cream cheese cupcake. We both loved dessert. After dinner we went on the new Little Mermaid ride. We waited in line for an hour and we were not impressed. After this we went back home to VGF and headed off to bed.
Lances' favorites: Space mountain and dole whips
Lances dislikes: Pirates
My favorites: Everything!
My dislikes: being stuck in the dark on Pirates for such a long time, and the lack of actual meat with my dinner

h0ney227's picture

Don't worry I'll post the pics when I get home!

My dislikes: being stuck in the dark on Pirates for such a long time, and the lack of actual meat with my dinner

Love your likes and dislike part going to steal it next trip report Wink

h0ney227's picture

RobNLyn2 wrote:

Love your likes and dislike part going to steal it next trip report Wink

I saw it on someones TR before. I forget whos. But its a great idea I think! laugh

senseicj's picture

congrats congrats congrats

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]