How do you get psyched for a Disney trip?

Login to post comments
28 posts / 0 new
Mushi404's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/16/2013
Posts: 93
How do you get psyched for a Disney trip?

Whenever we go for long car rides, we listen to Disney music, and have been watching as many Disney movies as possible before the trip. Thank goodness for Netflix! We watched all of the "Behind the Scenes" type of shows as well as some classics Smile We're planned to watch The Little Mermaid tonight yay and I haven't seen it in years. It's getting us super psyched for Disney World! mickey My brother in law has also made a super fun game, where we have to guess the what ride/attraction/person that the photo or question matches. Big smile

So, I was just curious, what do you do to get yourselves in the Disney mood?

petriedish's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2011
Posts: 218

Food is a big big part of my planning, not only ADRs but snacks and counter service as well. So I spend a lot of time on DFB and reading menus on Allears.net...even deciding what to order from garden grocer

I never want to eat somewhere "just cuz" and get run of the mill stuff like chicken fingers etc there are so many unique snacks and counter service options I like to be aware of my options.

Disney food planning is an internet black hole I can get lost in for hours!

I also love reading trip reports on this forum!

__________________


VelcroPooh

Mine has been making our costumes and shirts. And buying the little things like window clings, glow bracelets. I've felt like a kid again picking out the silly stuff.

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

petriedish wrote:
Food is a big big part of my planning, not only ADRs but snacks and counter service as well. So I spend a lot of time on DFB and reading menus on Allears.net...even deciding what to order from garden grocer

I never want to eat somewhere "just cuz" and get run of the mill stuff like chicken fingers etc there are so many unique snacks and counter service options I like to be aware of my options.

Disney food planning is an internet black hole I can get lost in for hours!

I also love reading trip reports on this forum!

All the above clapping

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9465

We go back and look at pictures we've taken from past trips, photo books and scrap books Scrappy had made, DFB and Disney blog and yes BOOKING THE ADR's, THE FOOD!

Offline
Joined: 08/27/2013
Posts: 120

I love reading trip reports anywhere I can find them! Everyone's here, of course, and on a couple other forums as well.

And if anyone's read my "Pre-TR" you know my sister and I are going to the World in about a week, and since we started planning the trip, we've been planning out our "Disneybound" outfits for each day. That has helped pass the time, and get us excited, and now we're just about bursting with excitement!

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2772

I pretty much do all of the above. DFB and check out menus. I even go on the Disney site and see where I could make a reservation for that day if I was there and dream laugh However, I do this whether or not I have a trip coming up so it's not so much me getting myself psyched up it's just my everyday life. I'm constantly psyched about Disney biggrin

CWDW10's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 30

I watch and re-watch all of the Disney stuff that I can find on TV (i.e. Modern Marvels, Undiscovered Disney Parks, etc). I'll also scour YouTube for anything Disney that I can find. My sister is a big Disney fan as well so we'll spend hours talking about upcoming trips. And of course, I watch all of my favorite classic Disney movies. I'm new to this site so I think this will help me get psyched for my upcoming trip too!

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2453

Well when I did make trips to WDW, I would make ADRs 180 days out. One trip, I booked the ADRs before the trip was even booked lol I also would look at the QSRs to see which ones we would mostly likely stop at for a snack or meal. I would also look at which rides and shows we would do.

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

I wear my Disney shirts at home, and sometimes listen to a little Disney music.... mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

Spook wrote:
I pretty much do all of the above. DFB and check out menus. I even go on the Disney site and see where I could make a reservation for that day if I was there and dream laugh However, I do this whether or not I have a trip coming up so it's not so much me getting myself psyched up it's just my everyday life. I'm constantly psyched about Disney biggrin

Here I thought I was the only one that did that. clapping mickey clapping

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

JMUDukz's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2012
Posts: 822

I stalk all of your trip reports and pick out things that I've missed and now MUST do. Same with the Disney Food Blog.

I also keep looking at my ADRs. Make a few changes, then back to the ADRs. Now I've been doing the same for FP+. I'm on MyDisneyExperience every night!! I also read the menus, plan what I'm going to order, looks up reviews, revisit the menus....it's borderline obsessive!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

rylin's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2013
Posts: 42

angels444 wrote:
Spook wrote:
I pretty much do all of the above. DFB and check out menus. I even go on the Disney site and see where I could make a reservation for that day if I was there and dream laugh However, I do this whether or not I have a trip coming up so it's not so much me getting myself psyched up it's just my everyday life. I'm constantly psyched about Disney biggrin

Here I thought I was the only one that did that. clapping mickey clapping

I do the same thing! We have no WDW trips planned anytime soon (just got back from one in September) but I can't help planning an imaginary one Smile

Oh, and I listen to lots of Disney on pandora radio! Along with watching ride through videos and reading trip reports.

Courtney's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/02/2011
Posts: 239

Mushi404 wrote:
watching as many Disney movies as possible before the trip. Thank goodness for Netflix! We watched all of the "Behind the Scenes" type of shows as well as some classics Smile

Netflix US has Disney??? Netflix Canada doesn't sad I could not find a single Disney animated movie.

__________________

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Mushi404's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/16/2013
Posts: 93

Courtney wrote:
Mushi404 wrote:
watching as many Disney movies as possible before the trip. Thank goodness for Netflix! We watched all of the "Behind the Scenes" type of shows as well as some classics Smile

Netflix US has Disney??? Netflix Canada doesn't sad I could not find a single Disney animated movie.

Yes!! We watched all of the Tinkerbell movies on there (I didn't think I'd love them...but I did!), Lilo & Stitch, Leroy & Stitch, Mulan, Mulan 2, Dumbo, The Aristocrats, Alice in Wonderland, and tomorrow I'm going to watch the Tigger Movie. They have The Fox & The Hound on there too, but I don't feel like crying sad Canada should add them! Stare

I did most of my ADR's at 4am at my 180day mark. I had a plan A and plan B for my ADR's, later, I changed to plan A, deleted plan B (carefully!), and added on one more character breakfast. Also, added on a couple's massage, the hubbub has been stressed at work, seemed like he needed one. But, every time I glance over my ADR's I get scared that I'll accidentally bump the delete button eek lol, so i don't look at them very often anymore. I wrote them down in my 3 planners, lol. Sheesh, my OCD.

AnnielovesDisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2013
Posts: 887

We are ALWAYS excited and ready to go to WDW stars

We are lucky enough to live 2 1/2 hours away from WDW and be annual pass holders. From October-May we go to WDW every 4-6 weeks for the weekend. So I am always planning a trip, always psyched to go, and there's no such thing as too many visits to Disney for us!
We leave tomorrow for a weekend in Disney yay

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Where are you staying?

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

I don't need to get psyched for a Disney trip - the trip itself gets me psyched.

I use all the things everyone else mentioned to keep me going when I don't have a Disney trip in the works.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

I rewatch all the classic Disney movies, read trip reports, watch our Disney planning DVD ten times, scour the Disney Food Blog, make our tentative plan (ADRs, which parks on which days, which parades and shows to hit, etc), redo that tentative plan at least five or six times, finally finalize the plan and put together an excel sheet....it's really quite the process biggrin

TNMedic's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/17/2013
Posts: 68

Oh I feel so much better, I thought I was bad about obsessing about this trip, you guys have me beat hands down! rolling rolling rolling rolling

Mushi404's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/16/2013
Posts: 93

Allie wrote:
I rewatch all the classic Disney movies, read trip reports, watch our Disney planning DVD ten times, scour the Disney Food Blog, make our tentative plan (ADRs, which parks on which days, which parades and shows to hit, etc), redo that tentative plan at least five or six times, finally finalize the plan and put together an excel sheet....it's really quite the process biggrin

I love the spread sheet idea!! I've been making outlines, lol, in triplicates. I'm afraid to watch any of the disney parks or planning dvds with my husband now, I told him we're going to a fancy restaurant, which will require him to wear a jacket. I don't want him to figure out where we're going just yet. But, he decided on wearing his class a's (uniform) to the dinner, I'm excited to see him in it. He doesn't get to wear it too often.

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Allie wrote:
I rewatch all the classic Disney movies, read trip reports, watch our Disney planning DVD ten times, scour the Disney Food Blog, make our tentative plan (ADRs, which parks on which days, which parades and shows to hit, etc), redo that tentative plan at least five or six times, finally finalize the plan and put together an excel sheet....it's really quite the process biggrin

I'm with you, Allie. I do the obsessive spreadsheeting. Sometimes I like something more tactile, so I cover a small bulletin board with a piece of paper from a large drawing pad, divide it into a grid, cut post-it notes to fit my grid boxes, and plan away! I recently reorganized all of my Disney movies by release date and watched them in order...and STILL the calendar is stuck on 33 days...

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
I rewatch all the classic Disney movies, read trip reports, watch our Disney planning DVD ten times, scour the Disney Food Blog, make our tentative plan (ADRs, which parks on which days, which parades and shows to hit, etc), redo that tentative plan at least five or six times, finally finalize the plan and put together an excel sheet....it's really quite the process biggrin

I'm with you, Allie. I do the obsessive spreadsheeting. Sometimes I like something more tactile, so I cover a small bulletin board with a piece of paper from a large drawing pad, divide it into a grid, cut post-it notes to fit my grid boxes, and plan away! I recently reorganized all of my Disney movies by release date and watched them in order...and STILL the calendar is stuck on 33 days...

Oh my gosh, a woman of my own obsessive spirit! A bulletin board, aye? I kind of love that idea...you may have just made an enemy out of my husband! laugh

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Allie wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
I rewatch all the classic Disney movies, read trip reports, watch our Disney planning DVD ten times, scour the Disney Food Blog, make our tentative plan (ADRs, which parks on which days, which parades and shows to hit, etc), redo that tentative plan at least five or six times, finally finalize the plan and put together an excel sheet....it's really quite the process biggrin

I'm with you, Allie. I do the obsessive spreadsheeting. Sometimes I like something more tactile, so I cover a small bulletin board with a piece of paper from a large drawing pad, divide it into a grid, cut post-it notes to fit my grid boxes, and plan away! I recently reorganized all of my Disney movies by release date and watched them in order...and STILL the calendar is stuck on 33 days...

Oh my gosh, a woman of my own obsessive spirit! A bulletin board, aye? I kind of love that idea...you may have just made an enemy out of my husband! laugh

LOL we'll just have to let the husbands get together and commiserate! biggrin

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

To get psyched for a Disney trip, I take a cocktail of LSD and ecstasy and lock myself in room with Fantasia on a film loop. 78 hours of that and I'm ready to go. But that's just me.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

petriedish's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2011
Posts: 218

The Colonel wrote:
To get psyched for a Disney trip, I take a cocktail of LSD and ecstasy and lock myself in room with Fantasia on a film loop. 78 hours of that and I'm ready to go. But that's just me.

thats just an average tuesday for me Smile

__________________


disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

petriedish wrote:
The Colonel wrote:
To get psyched for a Disney trip, I take a cocktail of LSD and ecstasy and lock myself in room with Fantasia on a film loop. 78 hours of that and I'm ready to go. But that's just me.

thats just an average tuesday for me Smile

Well, a loop of Fantasia with a small world music track and you could skip the other stuff. Smile

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

TNMedic's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/17/2013
Posts: 68

The Colonel wrote:
To get psyched for a Disney trip, I take a cocktail of LSD and ecstasy and lock myself in room with Fantasia on a film loop. 78 hours of that and I'm ready to go. But that's just me.

Hey Colonel,

Consider psilocybin, less toxic and without the severe hangover! You should pretreat with a good quality bourbon.