How many times did you go to a Disney Theme Park resort in 2008?

Login to post comments
28 posts / 0 new
How many times did you go to a Disney Theme Park resort in 2008?

So I'm doing this just out of curiosity to see how "rabid" of a Disney theme park fans we have here. So take the poll and let's find out.

Note that the various theme parks at WDW all count as one, i.e. WDW resort. The same with Disneyland, Tokyo, Paris, etc. I'm just counting how many vacation trips.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Choices

You are not eligible to vote in this poll.

SpaceAce's picture

One time, only. We usually go in May (time for DW to start planning again...)

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

I vote for "4", which is actually a record for me last year and highly usual. Usually it is 2 per year.

Zz.

SpaceAce's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
I vote for "4", which is actually a record for me last year and highly usual. Usually it is 2 per year.

Zz.

You're there in June and December this year, right? We're wondering if we should switch our May trip to December.

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

SpaceAce wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:

Zz.

You're there in June and December this year, right? We're wondering if we should switch our May trip to December.

Yes. In December, it will be Dec. 1-9. It would be wonderful if you switch to coincide with our trip. I'd love to arrange for us to meet up somewhere.

Zz.

Brad's picture

I'm at 2, but 2008 was a slow year. I think when I last went I had gone 5 times in the trailing 12 months.

bali's picture

2 here as well. A slow year, too, but two longish trips instead of my usual short ones.

May 2008 CSR mickey

So then who's the lucky stiff that went 9 or more times? Smile

Zz.

LeCellierBuff1963's picture

Hi,

Zero. Because I'm paying off lots of credit card debt, I haven't been to WDW since December 6-16, 2007; or anywhere since May 11-14, 2008, when I went with my then-girlfriend and her young son to the Great Wolf Lodge in Scotrun, PA (the Pocono Mountains).

Jim

Brad's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
So then who's the lucky stiff that went 9 or more times? Smile

Zz.

I'm guessing someone who lives in the Orlando area.

LeCellierBuff1963 wrote:
Hi,

Zero. Because I'm paying off lots of credit card debt, I haven't been to WDW since December 6-16, 2007; or anywhere since May 11-14, 2008, when I went with my then-girlfriend and her young son to the Great Wolf Lodge in Scotrun, PA (the Pocono Mountains).

Jim

How was the Great Wolf Lodge? You a fan of the Poconos?

bali's picture

LeCellierBuff1963 wrote:
Hi,

Jim

Congrats on paying off the debt. I just had several opportunities that allowed me to finally pay off my credit cards. awesome

May 2008 CSR mickey

cdub's picture

2008 was a light year for me too. Normally we'd probably have gone in oct-dec at least once, but with the ecoomy and a lot of personal stuff we just decided to forego in the short term. The deals certainly were luring though.

Hi,

Brad, the Great Wolf Lodge was a lot of fun. It's one of a chain of resorts (eight in the U.S. and one in Ontario, Canada) with an indoor water park in the center. The Poconos is a very pretty area, but if you don't drive a car it's difficult and expensive to get around. If I hadn't been dating Ingrid at the time, I wouldn't have gone.

Bali, I'm still paying off debt. Unfortunately I have three cards, and while two have relatively low balances, the other has a high one. When I pay my bills off at payday, my checkbook balance looks gravely ill, so I still have to use the plastic to get food. It's a PITA.

Jim

Annie's picture

2008 was light on Disney trips for us, too. Hoping to go this year though!

DisneyLove's picture

Just one trip to DLR for us in 2008, but I'll consider myself lucky as 27% of people didn't get to go at all!

Upcoming Trips:

September 2009 AKV

December 2009 WLV...hopefully!

Hypermommy's picture

No theme parks in 2008 but I did the cruise in April. And no theme parks in 2009 because we're doing another cruise in November. But I'm sooooooo jonesin' for the parks and I think I'll have to tell KC we'll have to wait for another cruise 'cause I gotta get me to the parks!

Pixie Dusted and Prepared,
Hypermommy

Scouting with the Mouse - Getting prepared with the magic of Disney.
News, articles, forums, and information on how to meet Scouting requirements and educational goals in a pixie dusted, pleasant way.

Find me on Facebook and Twitter

Brad's picture

Hopefully the economy turns up so we can get going more! awesome

dsoup's picture

Yeah 2008 was a slow year for me.

Hypermommy's picture

Speaking of which ..... and off topic so if you'd prefer to tell me to shut up and mind my own business, that's fine too.

What do y'all do for a living? I'm a software developer. I'd love to go totally freelance but this isn't the time to be trying that. My next hope is to get a better job soon either here or in Orlando. If I can find a great job and live in Orlando, well, I wouldn't be averse to that! clapping But it'll have to be a really good job to get King Charming to consider moving. laugh

Pixie Dusted and Prepared,
Hypermommy

Scouting with the Mouse - Getting prepared with the magic of Disney.
News, articles, forums, and information on how to meet Scouting requirements and educational goals in a pixie dusted, pleasant way.

Find me on Facebook and Twitter

Hi,

I work in Philadelphia, PA as a customer service representative for the Internal Revenue Service. silly

Jim

cdub's picture

I kept getting the urge to take advantage of the deals right now, but all the trip reports I'm seeing, show pretty decent crowds.

I design fire protection systems, Sprinklers in Buildings, In Indianapolis. (You know the place the Indy Raceway attraction is themed after.)

I also Do Musical Stand up Comedy, Pay sux but much more fun.

dsoup's picture

marzyar wrote:
I design fire protection systems, Sprinklers in Buildings, In Indianapolis. (You know the place the Indy Raceway attraction is themed after.)

I also Do Musical Stand up Comedy, Pay sux but much more fun.

Music Stand Up Comedy?!?!? Do you have a Youtube clip somewhere?

I voted 4 but just thought about the cruise we took in April. I guess I could have put down 5?We stopped by a water park at the beginning of the week, then went on the Disney cruise and came back at the end of the week. I counted that as 1 trip. We then went over July 4th holiday and Labor Day (free dining). We bought AP's at Christmas and started using them on 12/31.

For 2009 we have 2 trips so far if you include the remaining days on the 12/31 trip. We went again in late January and plan to go this weekend for a quick trip. We hope to get in at least 6 or 7 short trips with our AP's this year.

cdub's picture

dlaushey wrote:
I voted 4 but just thought about the cruise we took in April. I guess I could have put down 5?We stopped by a water park at the beginning of the week, then went on the Disney cruise and came back at the end of the week. I counted that as 1 trip. We then went over July 4th holiday and Labor Day (free dining). We bought AP's at Christmas and started using them on 12/31.

For 2009 we have 2 trips so far if you include the remaining days on the 12/31 trip. We went again in late January and plan to go this weekend for a quick trip. We hope to get in at least 6 or 7 short trips with our AP's this year.

Welcome to the board!

Do you live near the parks?

yep.

www.MarcComedy.com

Links to songs and you tube clips.
hobby's are fun...

cdub's picture

What's strange is I had just seen that "We Will Survive" clip somewhere, like in my suggested videos or something. Where would I have seen it? (I just saw it listed, I didn't see the actual video until now)

Brad's picture

I was freaking out at the CGI at first, before I realized it was footage from "Joe's Apartment." It went along with the song well enough I thought you were doing some crazy CGI. Yes I know I'm dumb...