JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
299 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

That's just a typical Florida thunder shower. The TTC pathway was only closed due to the amount of work they had to do on that side with the DVC. Nice pictures once again Ken.

finngirl's picture

I'm really enjoying your report and photos Ken. Late April/early May is my favourite time to visit WDW. We *had* hoped to be there this spring, but our son is getting married in June, so there goes the budget. With all your photos, I sort of feel I got to go anyway. biggrin

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Belinda's picture

Great report and pics, Ken!

** BeLiNdA **

alicemouse's picture

Quote:
Anyway, once at DHS, I was really impressed with how the main street looks now that the hat is gone. The theatre building looks so good and I can't believe it was hidden from view for all those years. It's a building that deserves to be seen from a distance as well as up close.

I agree, Ken. I was pro hat because I love Fantasia and I barely remember my one pre-hat visit, but seeing the theater at the end of the street rounding out the scene is really beautiful. I understand now where the anti-hat people were coming from.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

I love the pictures of your morning strolls around the resort. I am going to have to do that in September. I have always sat out on our balcony with my coffee and watched the sunrise while listening to the resort and Magic Kingdom wake-up. Your pictures have shown me that there is a lot more beauty to see.

JanJ's picture

Ken is watching concrete being poured this afternoon, so thought I would head to MK for a couple of hours!

biggrin awesome

JMed's picture

What's next??? Drying paint??? laugh I think I may have escaped to MK myself. biggrin

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

AnnielovesDisney's picture

JanJ wrote:
Ken is watching concrete being poured this afternoon, so thought I would head to MK for a couple of hours!

Taking me to Disney world and making me watch concrete being poured for hours instead of going to a park, would be pure torture! gaah Disney really does have something for everyone laugh

I hope you both enjoyed your day!

Here they are sprinkling those shells and rocks that you can see embedded in the finished concrete.

MrHub's picture

That not just for looks either.

JMed wrote:
What's next??? Drying paint??? laugh I think I may have escaped to MK myself. biggrin

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
JanJ wrote:

Taking me to Disney world and making me watch concrete being poured for hours instead of going to a park, would be pure torture! gaah Disney really does have something for everyone laugh

Haha... well truth be told, I am back at the resort with tummy troubles. We've been away for almost 2 weeks and I think all the restaurant food is taking it's toll. I'm craving just basic home type food now instead of all the fancy stuff at the restaurants. I don't think I could eat out all the time, that's for sure.

MrHub's picture

I think you just have not had enough Manahattan's!

Grand Floridian Cafe is nice for their salads. Gets you away from all the fancy meals.

MrHub wrote:
I think you just have not had enough Manahattan's!

Grand Floridian Cafe is nice for their salads. Gets you away from all the fancy meals.

Haha! That might be it... need more Manhattans.

Actually, we went to Gasparilla Island Grill at GF yesterday for lunch and did the build your own salad thing. It was very good and was exactly what I was looking for.

JanJ's picture

JMed wrote:

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
JanJ wrote:

I had a great afternoon! I just got back to the resort. I did some attractions we don't normally do - Mickey's Philharmagic, Stitch's Great Escape and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. I see what everyone means about Stitch - I would sit through Captain EO before I would see that again! eek

Of course I also did HM - it's not a visit to the MK without a ride on a doom buggy! biggrin

We just ordered the Ohana Twilight Feast. Basically, the entire Ohana menu brought to your room. This should be interesting...

Spook's picture

KenJ wrote:
We just ordered the Ohana Twilight Feast. Basically, the entire Ohana menu brought to your room. This should be interesting...

Wow that sounds awesome! We've never had dinner at Ohana but it's on my list mickey

MrHub's picture

KenJ wrote:

Sweet, get pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Room service there is usually great. We love pulling out that table and putting it in front of the window and watching the boats go by when we get the MK view rooms.

Wow... this was AWESOME! It literally is a feast. All the food from Ohana in the privacy of your room. Really cool.

Here is the description and price. The price is not far off from the going into the restaurant.

And here's all the goodies!

Honestly, we could have ordered for one person and just shared it as there is SO much food. I've never been to Ohana's before so this was my first taste of it. It was really good.

MrHub's picture

Sweet! Holy Cow that's a lot of food! eek

It is just all you can eat if you are in the restaurant.

MrHub wrote:
Sweet! Holy Cow that's a lot of food! eek

It is just all you can eat if you are in the restaurant.

No kidding! It's a lot of food. Too much really. We ate as much as we could though. LOL.

h0ney227's picture

Wow that's pretty exciting!

JMed's picture

WOW! That is pretty awesome! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JanJ's picture

We saved the bread and dessert for later! Might have to go get a coffee later to have with the bread pudding. biggrin

Wow that looks good. We will have to give that a try.

JanJ's picture

scrappy wrote:
Wow that looks good. We will have to give that a try.

It was delicious! Just too much for the 2 of us. I'm eating some of the bread pudding right now and it is really, really good. wink

I'm always impressed with little details like this...

When room service came to deliver our "feast", she propped open our main door by using the cupboard door. They even have a striker plate where it makes contact.

After our feast dinner, we went out for a walk around the resort to take some night shots.

alicemouse's picture

That Ohana room service meal looks amazing!! I think that's the best perk I've seen yet for staying at the Poly. No need to fight for an Ohana ADR!

Beautiful night shots around the resort. Well done mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

amy1989's picture

Great pics!!!! I feel like I'm there with you

now I just need to work out how to get that ohana room service to POR................. haha

keep the pictures coming!!!