amy1989's picture

clapping Yay Disney Day!!!!!! clapping

disneydoc's picture

Safe flight - Orlando, here you come! mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

congrats
It is Disney Day!!!!

MrHub's picture

Wooo Hoo! We'll meet ya there soon! We got 12 inches of snow yesterday here in our part of PA and its around 5 degrees f with a WC of -15.

Allie's picture

Yay! Disney Day! muchlove

Kris1971's picture

Yay Disney day!!!! Have a blast.

MrHub & Scrappy...take me with you!!!! I've had enough of this weather!

alicemouse's picture

Hooray!! Really looking forward to following your trip--we're doing our first Boardwalk stay in April. Is the DVC section the building closest to the EPCOT walkway?

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Jessalynn27's picture

Woo Hoo!!! Have so much fun! Super jealous of that warm looking weather and sunshine....currently 6 degrees here in MI. clapping Looking forward to reading another fabulous trip report and seeing all of your amazing photos! mickey

finngirl's picture

Looks like a great start. Post lots of photos please. mickey

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Spook's picture

yay yay Disney! Have a great trip! Can't wait to read more!
Currently we are still in the meat locker you left ( I'm in North Bay). My parents however are in Orlando and are complaining about it being cold. I offered to switch places but they wouldn't take my offer laugh

Oh yes, the weather here is MUCH better than at home. Walking around in the sun and fresh air just felt so good after being cooped up inside back home.

JanJ's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Hooray!! Really looking forward to following your trip--we're doing our first Boardwalk stay in April. Is the DVC section the building closest to the EPCOT walkway?

The Inn side is the closest to the Epcot walkway, the DVC side is over above the Big River Brewing Company and around the corner towards DHS. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Headed over to Epcot after checking in. Not many people here today!

Decided to have lunch at Tokyo Dining. We got there right at noon as they opened and were treated to their opening ceremony.

Jan got a cocktail.

And I got the frozen beer!

The view from out table.

Jan ordered the Tempura Combo

And I ordered a sushi platter.

Continued walking around Epcot and Jan got herself a nice set of ears.

We then tried the croissant doughnut... Mmmm... is that thing ever good!

Now the funny part...

The doughnut above was actually my second one. My first one was stolen by a seagull! I was just walking along with it and then BAM... seagull swooped down and took it out of my hands! I went back to the booth and told them what happened. I was given another one no charge. awesome

Vettelover's picture

I certainly know all too well of the perils of the seagulls. laugh A few years ago we went to the pizza takeout window right there on the Boardwalk and one of the gulls swooped down and STOLE a whole slice of pizza and took off with it just like what happened to you. Maybe it was the same bird. The CMs at the boardwalk said that it frequently happens and to just go back to the takeout window and they would replace it for free, which they did.

Allie's picture

That seagull story is terrifying! I would probably wet myself if that happened! Loving the glittery ears, Jan! awesome

This post is for The Colonel. The lighthouse does not appear to be working.

Vettelover's picture

^^^ Oh oh!! I guess the maintenance crew hasn't gotten around to it. eek

Vettelover wrote:
^^^ Oh oh!! I guess the maintenance crew hasn't gotten around to it. eek

That's what its looking like. Puzzled I'll keep an eye on it while we're here and report if I see it on.

Like I said before....."How many maintenance personnel does it take to change a light bulb?"
Love your trip report Ken and Jan. Wished I was there with you. Can't take the cold and snow anymore. Is it spring yet?

MrHub's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
Yay Disney day!!!! Have a blast.

MrHub & Scrappy...take me with you!!!! I've had enough of this weather!

Kris, the bus leaves Friday morning at 7am, don't be late and there is a seat for you! The room, well that's on you. I couldn't get the King Kamehameha Suite, it was booked!

Vettelover wrote:
I certainly know all too well of the perils of the seagulls. laugh A few years ago we went to the pizza takeout window right there on the Boardwalk and one of the gulls swooped down and STOLE a whole slice of pizza and took off with it just like what happened to you. Maybe it was the same bird. The CMs at the boardwalk said that it frequently happens and to just go back to the takeout window and they would replace it for free, which they did.

Haha! That's crazy. When we were here in September, there weren't many gulls around. But there's LOTS of them around right now. Made me realize how crappy ot must be to be an animal. If you're not on guard, your food is stolen from you. eek

Dinner at the Flying Fish tonight. I usually order the snapper, but wanted to try the steak tonight. To be honest, I didn't really enjoy the steak as much as I should have. It was a bit tough and it just tasted burnt due to the charring. I was glad I gave it a try though.

MrHub's picture

Great report so far Ken. I'm not big on that frozen beer, was to bitter for my taste. The sushi looked great though.

I've seen those seagulls in action, they get nasty.

Love the Flying Fish, to bad your steak wasn't to par, but like I said before! all depends on the chef at the time. Scrappy always gets the steak there and loves it.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Good morning from the Boardwalk. It looks like its going to be a really nice day. We're heading over to DHS this morning.

mrhub wrote:
Great report so far Ken. I'm not big on that frozen beer, was to bitter for my taste. The sushi looked great though.

I've seen those seagulls in action, they get nasty.

Love the Flying Fish, to bad your steak wasn't to par, but like I said before! all depends on the chef at the time. Scrappy always gets the steak there and loves it.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Yeah, you're probably right MrHub. It may have just been a tough steak that night, or how it was cooked. I usually get a fish dish like the potato wrapped snapper, but I always wanted to try the steak.

Definitely will see you on Saturday. I'll be in touch offline and we can figure out the details. Looking forward to it! awesome

mimi's picture

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your report! Keep 'em comin'

Mrs J - you look absolutely fabulous in your jazzy Minnie ears.

The seagull story had me laughing out loud - I guess they mean it when they say, " Mine! Mine! Mine!"
I'm with Allie - I would have been so freaked out! You'd hear me screaming all the way back to Chicago! silly

Looking forward to your updates!

The Colonel's picture

I just forwarded this to customer satisfaction at Disney. Anyone who visits the Boardwalk are and cares about it should complain.

Thanks for the heads up.

KenJ wrote:
This post is for The Colonel, who I believe will not be happy to see this. The lighthouse at the Yacht Club is not working.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Just a few pics from DHS...