JanJ and KenJ's September 2014 Trip Report

Login to post comments
209 posts / 0 new

Yipee Mickey Mail, envious as we don't get that

amy1989's picture

yay yay yay yay yay for Mickey Mail!!!!!!!

The Watchmaker's picture

I get Mickey Mail here in Scotland..It comes via my Visa bill.. eek

CEB NYC's picture

Funny, I was thinking the same thing Watchmaker - JanJ gets the fun Disney mail, who gets the Disney bill? Yay, for Mickey mail!!!

JanJ's picture

CEB NYC wrote:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing Watchmaker - JanJ gets the fun Disney mail, who gets the Disney bill? Yay, for Mickey mail!!!

Oh,we still get the Disney bill too!

So we are down to 7 days. Next week at this time, we will be waiting at the gate at YYZ for our flight to MCO. Can't wait!

We apparently can still change our magic band colour, so I decided to conduct an experiment. I had originally chosen orange, but changed to red at the 30 day mark when MDE was telling me that this was the "last day to update" them. The system still shows "your magic band are shipping to your resort soon", so today, I changed back to orange. I'll let you all know what's waiting for me next week when we check in. mickey

Now all that's left to do is pack and wait. waiting

MrHub's picture

JanJ wrote:
CEB NYC wrote:

Oh,we still get the Disney bill too!

So we are down to 7 days. Next week at this time, we will be waiting at the gate at YYZ for our flight to MCO. Can't wait!

We apparently can still change our magic band colour, so I decided to conduct an experiment. I had originally chosen orange, but changed to red at the 30 day mark when MDE was telling me that this was the "last day to update" them. The system still shows "your magic band are shipping to your resort soon", so today, I changed back to orange. I'll let you all know what's waiting for me next week when we check in. mickey

Now all that's left to do is pack and wait. waiting

I always knew you were a trouble maker! biggrin wink

JanJ's picture

Who me?? Innocent

JanJ's picture

Yay - our magic bands have shipped to our resort today. So close now, can't wait!

Magic Mirror's picture

Amy loves your Incredibles cover!

JanJ's picture

I have to admit, it's pretty cool. It's even personalized and knows we are going back to the Boardwalk to celebrate our anniversary. Great keepsake.

Spook's picture

So just in case you've forgotten, I thought I'd remind you that you'll be in Disney TOMORROW! Wink
Have a safe trip yay

JanJ's picture

Thanks Spook! Just counting down the hours now. Leaving work in 90 minutes!!

MrHub's picture

Hope you two have a wonderful time, we will be thinking about you! mickey stars

Oh oh, but look at your other counter,oh oh and look at my counter oh oh! biggrin clapping yay

The Colonel's picture

Savor the Epcot entertainment one more time. Have a great trip. yay

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Thanks everyone!

We're PUMPED to get there! mickey

Hope you both have an amazing time

JanJ's picture

Thanks everyone!

Woo hoo, my counter's at zero! Today is Disney Day. We're all checked in and waiting at the airport now.

We'll try our best to update our trip report daily and Ken has his camera all ready to go. stars

JanJ's picture

Just boarded. On a brand new plane!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg100.26 KB
MrHub's picture

Woooo Hooo!
yay clapping yay clapping

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Hope you have a magical vacation stars

JanJ's picture

(edited to add photos)

Ok, we have arrived!

Checked in around 2pm and checked out our room at The Boardwalk. We went with a standard room this time and we face into the courtyard and can see the Eiffel Tower from our balcony. For those of you that are wondering, my magic band is orange, so you can make changes after the 30 day cut off if you are picking them up at the resort!

Not long after we were in the room, we hear a knock at the door and immediately thought it was our luggage. It wasn't - it was actually a congratulations balloon with an anniversary card from Mickey himself and 2 chocolates. Very unexpected and very thoughtful.

We then got ready to walk over to Epcot. First stop was at guest services to ask about upgrading to an annual pass - we did it and also purchased our TIW card. It made sense since we are coming back in January. Already used it for a discount at the store downstairs.

First thing we did in Epcot was head to France to the bakery to get a late lunch. I had the turkey BLT and Ken had the ham & cheese on a croissant. Both were delicious. Then it was a stop to get the Grey Goose lemon slush and Ken got the Gran Marnier orange slush. They were both gone by the time we got to Germany and Ken got his Oktoberfest beer. We continued around the world and made our way out of Epcot. Now, we're back at the room cooling off before our dinner at The Flying Fish.

Spook's picture

Sounds like a great start to the trip awesome
How is the heat/humidity level?

Magic Days's picture

Have an awesome time!!!

JanJ's picture

Spook wrote:
Sounds like a great start to the trip awesome
How is the heat/humidity level?

It's hot Spook. 30C, but feels like 40C. Humidity didn't feel too bad today, but tonight it feels damp. I'll take it tho after the winter we had and the cooler summer. wink

JanJ's picture

Sunday morning and we are getting ready to go have breakfast at The Grand Floridian Cafe. Can't wait to have their French Toast - it is to die for. Then it's off to MK.

We had an amazing dinner last night at The Flying Fish. Ken had the mussels and I had the Epcot Land Pavilion salad - both were delicious. All the ingredients in the salad come from the Living with the Land pavilion. We then both at the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper - OMG, it was so good.

We were so full, we didn't have room for any dessert, so we walked down to DHS and watched the Frozen fireworks from just outside the gate. Found a bench and just enjoyed it.

alicemouse's picture

Looks great so far!! mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

CEB NYC's picture

Sounds like great start to the trip. Hope you have a fun day!

MrHub's picture

Always loved the Flying Fish. I get the potato wrapped fish a lot. It's rather awesome.

JanJ's picture

Great day at MK so far. Loved the 7DMT!! But it needs to be a longer ride. Had some rain this afternoon and now we're just waiting at Tony's restaurant to have an early dinner. Will add some pictures later. mickey

Kris1971's picture

A Grey Goose Slushie and an Oktoberfest...that's the perfect day 1 for me! Nice going!