JoAnn's November 2013 Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report

Login to post comments
90 posts / 0 new
JoAnn C's picture
JoAnn's November 2013 Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report

I was online at 6:00am to make my ADRs for my November trip. After a few moments when I thought my head was going to implode and saying a few choice words that would make a sailor blush, I am done.

I had trouble logging into the site. I thought I was using the right password. I changed my password and I was in. The first order of duty was to make an ADR for BOG. I tried to look up the date I wanted and it would only let me choose the 16th. I remembered someone saying the feature to book for 10 days wasn't working when the new site was launched. Surely, it had to have been fixed by now. I played around, clicked on a bunch of screens, tried to select the date again and I was in business, except the fact that there were no times available for BOG on the date I wanted. No problem, I'll adjust and try a different date. There was a table available for a little earlier than I would have liked so I adjusted the time and the only other option was a little later than I would have preferred. I went to book the earlier time and poof it was gone. ugh!

I have to say I've had some challenges with planning the ADRs this trip. My friends who I go to Disney with are coming in on Sunday but won't have the dining plan until Tuesday. They had some issues on a past trip and Disney is providing them with two free nights and park passes for their first two days. I had to plan the meals around when they had the dining plan for places they wanted to eat at.

Back to my tales of woe. I tried a different day for BOG, now I'm running into MVMCP nights. I was able to score an ADR for BOG at 4:20pm on 11/21. clapping clapping clapping There was one at 6:45 but I didn't want us to feel rushed to leave the park when it closed for the party (we're not getting tickets this year).

Here are my ADRs for now.

11/16 - my mom and I arrive
Dinner @ Spirit of Aloha show

11/17 - my friends arrive
Breakfast @ Olivia's
Dinner @ Biergarten

11/18
Breakfast @ Grand Floridian Cafe
Dinner @ Wolfgang Pucks (going to try to change this to California Grill once reservations open up again)

11/19
Breakfast @ Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner @ Cinderella's Royal Table

11/20
Breakfast @ Kona Cafe
Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse

11/21
Breakfast @ Akershus
Dinner @ Be Our Guest

11/22
Breakfast @ Kouzzina
Dinner @ Portobello

11/23 (departure day Sad )
Breakfast @ Pop Century
Lunch @ Plaza Restaurant

We have two more dining credits (we're doing deluxe) to use. I'm thinking a couple of quick service lunches. Who knows maybe I'll add another ADR or two.

JoAnn C's picture

I didn't mention that my morning started at 4:00am when I got a call from work. I lost my internet connection when I went to save this. Good thing I thought to copy it into Word just in case based on how my morning went.

Kris1971's picture

YUM! I love them all! I've got a few weeks left until I can book ADRs. I'd really like to take my parents to the California Grill to celebrate their anniversary. Any info on when they'll be opening up reservations again?

JoAnn C's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
YUM! I love them all! I've got a few weeks left until I can book ADRs. I'd really like to take my parents to the California Grill to celebrate their anniversary. Any info on when they'll be opening up reservations again?

Nothing official. I read earlier this month that reservations will be opening up soon. This is posted on the DFB "We were recently told that California Grill should be taking reservations within the next four weeks!" Should be soon.

JoAnn C's picture

I was just able to change my reservation from Wolfgang Puck to California Grill. clapping

When I was making my ADRs this morning I didn't even check for it since I hadn't heard any updates. I apparently scrolled right passed it. I logged back in and took a chance and there it was.

Kris1971's picture

Thanks, JoAnn!

JoAnn C wrote:
I was just able to change my reservation from Wolfgang Puck to California Grill. clapping

When I was making my ADRs this morning I didn't even check for it since I hadn't heard any updates. I apparently scrolled right passed it. I logged back in and took a chance and there it was.

Woo hoo!!!! clapping

Happy ADR day, JoAnn! And congratulations on your successes, despite the 4:00 am wakey wakey call from work.....boo!

MrHub's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

Are you sure you got into the California grill reservations ? I just tried again and it still is not excepting them for any dates.

JoAnn C's picture

mrhub wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

Are you sure you got into the California grill reservations ? I just tried again and it still is not excepting them for any dates.

I got an email confirming the reservation.

JoAnn C's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
mrhub wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

I got an email confirming the reservation.

I thought maybe reservations were only being allowed for a certain point forward. I was checking each day of the week I'm going to be there. The only day that is has times available is for 11/18. All the other days say

Reservation for 2

Monday, Nov18, 2013

Please call 407-WDW-DINE to make a reservation.

AJ just posted this:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/05/20/news-california-grill-reservations-now-available-on-certain-dates-in-fall-2013/

"While there's no solid date for California Grill to re-open yet, reservations ARE currently available on November 18th. The reservations agent I spoke to said that booking times were also available after this date"

Go JoAnn!!!!

Allie's picture

Congrats on the Cali Grill reservations! Sounds like it'll be a great trip!

JoAnn C's picture

Break out your dancing shoes because it's time for the double digit dance!

clapping clapping yay yay mickey yay yay clapping clapping

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

banana banana banana banana

Kris1971's picture

banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana

yay
Got to LOVE double digit day!

Allie's picture

Whoop Whoop! clapping yeah banana stars banana yeah clapping

Miss Mikki's picture

clapping banana

no ticker Sad

taratru's picture

Woo hoo!!!

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

mimi's picture

Hey howdy hey! That is GREAT news!!!!

stars pillowfight yeah pillowfight yeah pillowfight yeah stars

crazycatperson's picture

Oh! If you're at double digits, that means so am I!

clapping

disneydoc's picture

Almost there.....

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

I paid off the trip today. clapping

taratru's picture

Woo hoo!

Kris1971's picture

Sweet!!!

YES! yay clapping

Magic Mirror's picture

That is a terrific feeling mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Five weeks from now I'll be at MCO waiting for my mom's flight to come in. I have so much to do to get ready for the trip. I need to make a list. Work has been crazy so I'm hoping the time will go by fast.

My parents will be here on Wednesday for a few days. We're going to the Disney store for my mom and I to buy matching shirts.

disneydoc's picture

It will be here before you (we!) know it! I actually woke up this AM thinking about the Disney shirts I will pack, and my Disney hoodies too..... mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

I got a call from my AAA TA. My documents are in. She's just waiting for my magical express tags. They should be here within a week. I'll pick everything when they come in. Hoping they will be here before the end of next week so I can pick them while my parents are here and then I can give my mom her lugguage tags.

So close to having Mickey Mail in my hands. mickey

JMUDukz's picture

Yeah for Mickey Mail!!!!

This will be an awesome trip for you and your mom! Very excited for both of you!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

I put on my Minnie Mouse ears headband to show my mom while they were here visiting. My mom says to me "you're not going to wear those, are you?" To which I replied "ah, yes". She has no idea what's she's getting herself into. mickey