For just $888,000 this can be yours!

Login to post comments
17 posts / 0 new
For just $888,000 this can be yours!

A Windermere-area house known as the Mickey-and-Minnie house and filled with Disney memorabilia, wall treatments and mouse-eared light fixtures has hit the market for $880,000.

The lakefront house with seven bedrooms in Orange County's Summerport community pays tribute to Walt Disney World characters " from mouse silhouettes in the wood-floor stains to Tinkerbell staring down from the ceiling of a powder-room, as shown in several of 79 photos on Zillow.

A bank of lighted showcase cabinets display seemingly hundreds of smiling, porcelain-looking collectibles. A Mickey-themed pot hanger over the kitchen island and Minnie's Pantry door define the kitchen, which has cabinets and drawers brimming with themed glassware and bar accessories, videos show. A Goofy family room is painted in lime green and trimmed in purple. Wall paintings of the famous genie and Princess Jasmine decorate an Aladdin room.

https://www.trulia.com/p/fl/windermere/5306-nagami-dr-windermere-fl-34786--2037695561

I think it's a bit much but I show it to Joe to remind him there are people much worse than me....and I limit it to just 1-2 rooms laugh

JMed's picture

That is ummmmmmmm a bit much. When i was reading it I was thinking "I hope someone who appreciates it buys the house." I'm not sure the right buyer is out there for this.

I love Disney and I have bits and pieces around the house but this. WOW. Someone is going to come in and gut it. Does all the stuff come with the house?

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

It's unclear from any of the listings i looked at what all comes with it.

Some of it is ok and kinda nice but most of it is...well...in my opinion....tacky and way overdone and not very warm and inviting. Or magical. More scary eek

For $888,000 I'd sure want a Mickey-shaped pool! And a tiki bar for when all our WDWforGrownups friends visit yay muchlove

wdwizbest's picture

Well.....just ...uh....wow......
first just because you have money doesn't mean you have good taste
second for that much money you think they could repair the water damage above the kitchen table.
Where is this in relation to WDW?

"leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." " Walt Disney "

It's about 5-6 miles northwest-ish of MK. I think you sum it up perfectly - money does not mean taste. Hahaha.

The whole story is kinda weird. Owners are Mickey and Minnie Baus, they have a bunch of Mickey and Minnie branded "businesses"....Mickey's Home Real Estate, Mickey's Home Mortgage, Mickey's Home Travel.

House was reportedly close to foreclosure and was to be auctioned off in 2015 with all contents included, but they got it current. (All according to an article about it in the Orlando Sentinel).

JMed's picture

Well, maybe the spectacular fireworks view from the yard is worth the $888,000?? Naaaaah, I agree with the tacky part and I wondered the same about the water stain on the ceiling... Wonder what kind of damage is going on up there??

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

wdwizbest's picture

JeffC wrote:
It's about 5-6 miles northwest-ish of MK. I think you sum it up perfectly - money does not mean taste. Hahaha.

The whole story is kinda weird. Owners are Mickey and Minnie Baus, they have a bunch of Mickey and Minnie branded "businesses"....Mickey's Home Real Estate, Mickey's Home Mortgage, Mickey's Home Travel.

House was reportedly close to foreclosure and was to be auctioned off in 2015 with all contents included, but they got it current. (All according to an article about it in the Orlando Sentinel).

Clearly none of his businesses were "Mickeys home interior design" though..

"leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." " Walt Disney "

Vettelover's picture

I simply do not think I would be too comfortable with Tinker Bell looking down on me from the ceiling as I go to the bathroom. (pic.17) laugh rolling eek

wdwizbest wrote:
Clearly none of his businesses were "Mickeys home interior design" though..

Hahaha - now that is funny. And so true!!

A very excellent point, VL! That would be disturbing on many levels rolling

JoAnn C's picture

It's beautiful on the outside. The inside is a bit much.

It is a bit much. I want to know who cleans it and how long does it take.

wdwizbest's picture

they do have a cute kitty

JanJ's picture

wdwizbest wrote:

They do at that.

That house is nasty - it's so hard to even tell what it would look like after they move out.

wdwizbest's picture

wdwizbest wrote:

OK I know this is WAY off topic but I've wanted to tell Janj this for awhile. We have a tortoise shell cat too, and she is SO FULL OF IT. Here's the story, about 5 years ago I was coming from one of my clinics (that's not in the best section of town) and I noticed some of the locals making a scene in the middle of the road. I look over and see this tee tiny kitten in the middle of the road and some lady acting like a fool because the kitten had been under her car.
To make a long story short I ended up picking up the kitten and taking her home because pretty much everybody else there were idiots.
So I bring this maybe 3-4 wk kitten home. We're sitting watching TV and my wife says "oh my gosh today is our anniversary"!!! We had both forgot. She says "we forgot" soooo I say "no I didn't forget I got you a kitty" Her name is Annie, short for anniversary.

JanJ's picture

wdwizbest wrote:
wdwizbest wrote:

OK I know this is WAY off topic but I've wanted to tell Janj this for awhile. We have a tortoise shell cat too, and she is SO FULL OF IT. Here's the story, about 5 years ago I was coming from one of my clinics (that's not in the best section of town) and I noticed some of the locals making a scene in the middle of the road. I look over and see this tee tiny kitten in the middle of the road and some lady acting like a fool because the kitten had been under her car.
To make a long story short I ended up picking up the kitten and taking her home because pretty much everybody else there were idiots.
So I bring this maybe 3-4 wk kitten home. We're sitting watching TV and my wife says "oh my gosh today is our anniversary"!!! We had both forgot. She says "we forgot" soooo I say "no I didn't forget I got you a kitty" Her name is Annie, short for anniversary.

Aww, cute story. Love out tortie - she's the boss in our house!

Well, some of the rooms are "cute" for kids rooms, but I think it would hurt my eyes or drive me crazy as an adult to live in the rest of the spaces on a regular basis....

And that's coming from someone who has a fair share of "disney" pieces in each of my rooms to begin with.
I have to admit there were some cool light fixtures.... anyone notice that the track lighting system made up two hidden mickeys?

But I keep thinking how much money went into all of those wall skins and paint jobs. Those wall skins run between $100 - $200 each.

Like everyone else said... just too much.

Kristen K.'s picture

It's so overwhelming, it's hard to see the bones of the house through all the stuff. I do really like some of the Mickey light fixtures and the floor detail though. I would need a ton of white paint.