Kristen K's Pennies From Heaven! February 2015

Login to post comments
230 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture

I called on our last trip and they shipped them out immediately, no problem. DME requested when we called that we do not cut the luggage tags and use one on two different suitcases.

Kristen K.'s picture

Allie wrote:
I called on our last trip and they shipped them out immediately, no problem. DME requested when we called that we do not cut the luggage tags and use one on two different suitcases.

awesome

I called that very same day and they said that I would have an extra set of tags at my house within a week. They were very friendly and this was obviously something people do all the time.

30 days to go!

Vettelover's picture

We received OUR Mickey Mail today!!! yay yay clapping clapping stars

Kristen K.'s picture

Whooo hoooo!!! Next thing we'll be getting our Magic Bands!

h0ney227's picture

hmmmmmm still no mickey mail for us sad

Spook's picture

Got my Mickey mail yesterday awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

Oh happy day!

PreviewAttachmentSize
2015-01-21_07-52-51.png
2015-01-21_07-52-51.png79.12 KB
Vettelover's picture

clapping yay awesome stars yeah and YIPEE!!

Kristen K.'s picture

We've had a FABULOUS pre-Disney week!

- Our DME, Cruise Documents, and MagicBand arrived!
- Tori and I are confirmed for a Mixology class on our cruise and I took care of the funding for that
- We went shopping for some vacation clothes for Geordon
- I ordered and paid for my ECV, so I don't need to worry about my knee anymore.
- I made appointments for pre-vacation haircuts
- I made tip envelops
- I pulled out the suitcases
- I've got a new plan for my cruise fish extender gifts that's coming along nicely

Geordon got a little extra money this week so he added a Memory Maker to our reservations. That will be fun, I never ordered the full PhotoPass disk so it will be exciting to get all of our pictures and ride photos. We need to be sure to make the most of it.

AND! yay I think we're going t ditch the DTD/Monorail crawl day and add a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Hoorah for a second Park day!! Geordon didn't want to get ride of our Raglan Road dinner reservation, so I felt that Epcot was out, but he's never been to Animal Kingdom and I feel confident that we can leave there around 5pm and still have done everything that we want to.

Also, as you know we've been stalking the wild BOG FastPass+ and it has opened up for every day of our trip except for the day we want - however we expect to be able to grab a BOG lunch FatPass+ first thing tomorrow - and I am SO excited about that I can't even tell you. I wouldn't be getting that without the help you folks here and I'm absolutely delighted. awesome

yeah 25 more days! yeah

Brinbunny's picture

Wow that is a very productive week. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you to get BOG.

I would love to hear how the mixology class goes, our FB group is setting one up for a group of us.

Kristen K.'s picture

Brinbunny wrote:

I would love to hear how the mixology class goes, our FB group is setting one up for a group of us.

Absolutely Ruth, I'm hoping to write an article about it.

Kristen K.'s picture

yay Be Our Guest FastPass+ Secured! yay

So, this is the updated Walt Disney World portion of our trip.

• Thurs - Arrival at MCO, DME to Saratoga Springs Resort with Dinner at Artists Palate
  • Fri - Earl of Sandwich Breakfast, Typhoon Lagoon, Leaning Palms Lunch, Hoop-dee-doo, Top of the World for Fireworks
  • Sat - Animal Kingdom, Pizzafari Breakfast, Yak & Yeti Lunch, Raglan Road for Dinner
  • Sun - Magic Kingdom, Rope Drop, Starbucks Breakfast, Be Our Guest Lunch, Quick Service Dinner (Cosmic Rays?)
  • Mon - Artists Palate Breakfast, Tori & Kristen to Disney Dream, EVeryone else heads home.
Spook's picture

Congrats on BOG! yay yay

Kris1971's picture

yay yay yay yay

So awesome! I know you've really been wanting that FP+ for BOG!

yay yay yay yay

Mad Hatter's picture

What a story! Just read this entire post today and really enjoyed it. Hope your trip is amazing!!

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

Kristen K.'s picture

Mad Hatter wrote:
What a story! Just read this entire post today and really enjoyed it. Hope your trip is amazing!!

Thank you so much! My whole family is really super excited.

Kristen K.'s picture

Muuuuhahhahahaha!!

Sparkly like my soul...

PreviewAttachmentSize
sparkly_magicband.png
sparkly_magicband.png340.23 KB
Magic Mirror's picture

oooohhhhhhh that is sooooo pretty! nice job!

Vettelover's picture

Just a little bling huh Kristen. awesome

Spook's picture

Oh wow that's beautiful awesome

fmknightuk's picture

I love the sparkly magic band. Did you decorate it yourself?

Fiona

yay
It looks like you now have everything you wanted planned. Soon, All that will be left to do will be to go and enjoy every minute of your trip.

Kristen K.'s picture

fmknightuk wrote:

I did biggrin
Honestly it wasn't hard at all, I bought rhinestone stickers at the craft store, cut them down to a size that would fit on the magic band and stuck them where I wanted them. There are a few hidden Mickeys in the pattern too. It was fun and I figured if I have to wear something on my wrist (I hate things around my wrist) that it might as well sparkle!

Spook's picture

yay yay 17 days! yay yay

fmknightuk's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
fmknightuk wrote:

I did biggrin
Honestly it wasn't hard at all, I bought rhinestone stickers at the craft store, cut them down to a size that would fit on the magic band and stuck them where I wanted them. There are a few hidden Mickeys in the pattern too. It was fun and I figured if I have to wear something on my wrist (I hate things around my wrist) that it might as well sparkle!

awesome awesome OK, sparkly stickers are going on my packing list so I can make mine and my dds magic bands sparkle. stars

Fiona

Allie's picture

Yay! It's coming up so quick now! I can't wait to hear what you think of Memory Maker and the mixology class! awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

7 more sleeps and things seem to be coming together nicely. I've got the 10 day weather forecasts at this point and it looks like we are going to have good weather for flying (knock on wood). I was a touch worried about that with all the winter storms that have been blowing across the country. On our Typhoon Lagoon Day it is supposed to be 65 degrees in Florida, a touch too cold for me with all the in and out of the water.

Update Itinerary

• Thursday Travel - Travel Day arrive SSR about 9:30pm
  • Friday WDW - Downtown Disney, possible monorail crawl cocktail hour, Hoop-Dee-Doo for dinner, Top of the World for Wishes
  • Saturday WDW - Animal Kingdom! Yak & Yeti for lunch, Raglan Road for Dinner
  • Sunday WDW- Magic Kingdom Day! Be Our Guest for lunch, 3 o'clock parade, Peter Pan, Cosmic Rays for Dinner, Electrical Parade, Wishes
  • Monday Travel/DCL - 1/2 Family goes home, Tori and I continue on to Disney Cruise Line
  • Tuesday DCL - Nassau Day staying on the ship, Rainforest Room, Palo brunch & Mixology class
  • Wednesday DCL - Castaway Cay, Tori bike rental, Serenity Bay
  • Thursday DCL - At Sea, Palo dinner
  • Friday Travel - Lots of kleenex will be needed because we have to head back home.

I'm not packed yet, which is unheard of for me. Monday is going to be laundry day so I'll probably get everything into the suitcases on Tuesday. Tuesday is also color Katie's hair day. I'm trying to make sure that everything is done by the time I go to sleep on Tuesday night so that I can just rest and finish of loose ends for work on Wednesday.

I'm so excited - I need this trip so badly for so many reasons. muchlove

Spook's picture

Only a week left yay I'm not packed either eek

Mad Hatter's picture

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Wow only a week to go~Awesome! biggrin

We are going to be at WDW the weekend you're there. We just decided to go so I don't have any plans yet, but I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see some random Lady waving at you, it could very possibly be me laugh