LEGO Disney MiniFigures 2016

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
Magic Mirror's picture
LEGO Disney MiniFigures 2016

The Newly Released (as of May 1st 2016) LEGO Disney MiniFigures are selling out HOT already!

LEGO released 18 MiniFigures including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. These MiniFigures are sold in what LEGO refers to as a "blind bag". Blind Bags are solid plastic and you cannot see which figurine you are purchasing.

These blind bags are shipped to the stores in boxes. Each box contains 60 blind bags. There are 3 complete (18 figurines) sets in each box plus a few extra figurines. Below is a break down of what is shipped to each store in a box:

4x Mickey Mouse
3x Minnie Mouse
3x Donald Duck
3x Daisy Duck
3x Ariel
3x Ursula
3x Buzz Lightyear
4x Toy Story Alien
3x Alice
3x Cheshire Cat
3x Peter Pan
3x Captain Hook
3x Aladdin
4x Genie
4x Mr. Incredible
4x Syndrome
4x Stitch
3x Maleficent

Many stores in person and online were restricting the number of blind bags a person could purchase. The restrictions seem to range from 2 to 4 blind bags per person. Yet many stores never got their boxes in, sold out quickly or only have a few remaining blind bags left. Even LEGO online is showing sold out.

I have only found one store in a 50 mile radius from me that had 15 blind bags left. Surprisingly, they let me buy all 15 blind bags. We ended up with a few duplicates but were very happy with having many unique ones for our collection. We ended up having Stitch, Alien, Genie, Maleficent, Cheshire, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, Peter Pan and Ursula. Our duplicates were Ursula, Maleficent and multiple Stitch & Syndrome.

No word from Disney or LEGO if they will release additional MiniFigures - but with the "knock out-sell out" success they have had with this series-I would expect more might be upcoming. Besides, they have plenty of characters they could issue (Evil Queen).

Did you have any luck with the LEGO Disney MiniFigures ? What additional characters would you like to see ?

PreviewAttachmentSize
disneylego.jpg
disneylego.jpg143.49 KB
Kristen K.'s picture

Those are adorable! Eeep! I want an Ariel!

Magic Mirror's picture

I read a review on Ariel and they were very, very impressed with her details & quality!

Magic Mirror's picture

If anyone is looking for Disney Mini Lego's..
I see Toys R Us online still have them available.
They are blind bags so you will not know what you are getting.
They are $3.99 with a limit of 2.
Free shipping on an total order of $19 or more if you combine other items.

I checked at our Toys R Us store this week but they did not get a delivery on the truck.
I imagine they are running down to the last batches.

Kristen K.'s picture

I really hate blind bags, I just want to buy what I want ya know?

I will give it a try though! Maybe I'll be able to make out what her tail feels like through the bag.

Magic Mirror's picture

Amy is a pro at blind bag feeling. !! You can actually Google it and there are sites that show you how the pieces are broken down and what to feel for!

danijrod's picture

I seen them the other day here in the UK in Tescos and because of this thread decided to get a packet. I got Syndrome Sad boo!

Magic Mirror's picture

Syndrome is not as interesting as some of them, I agree!
This website helps you by showing you what the break down of the Lego is in the bag and tricks/tips how to identify what's in the blind bags. It takes a bit of patience and practice-but it works!

http://jaysbrickblog.com/2016/04/29/review-lego-disney-minifigures/

JMed's picture

I can't remember what collectable it was but I was trying to do that in Books-a-million and they had cardboard around them... I put it back and walked off LOL

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

danijrod's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
This website helps you by showing you what the break down of the Lego is in the bag and tricks/tips how to identify what's in the blind bags. It takes a bit of patience and practice-but it works!

I definitely think I am going to give this a go I want minnie and mickey.

amy1989's picture

danijrod wrote:
Magic Mirror wrote:

Danijrod why do i get the feeling since our gym is attached to a Tescos that this is an activity we will be doing after the gym tonight?!

I also agree the Ariel is really cute I may be persuaded to buy a bag....or two

danijrod's picture

amy1989 wrote:
danijrod wrote:
Magic Mirror wrote:

Danijrod why do i get the feeling since our gym is attached to a Tescos that this is an activity we will be doing after the gym tonight?!

I also agree the Ariel is really cute I may be persuaded to buy a bag....or two

Ha well ... it will be like a reward after the gym ha!

Kristen K.'s picture

danijrod wrote:

Love that! muchlove

amy1989's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
danijrod wrote:

Love that! muchlove

thing is we need to GET to the gym to earn the reward!!!!!!