Magical HooneyMoon September Trip Report: Day Five MNSSHP

Login to post comments
57 posts / 0 new
jtownpluto's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/29/2013
Posts: 337

You're almost there! yay

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

So we are back boo! But we are already planning our next trip for 2018!
So over all thoughts:
Good: Going to Disney on your honeymoon is amazing you get so much special treatment it is crazy! Beautiful but hot weather.
Bad: People need to stop being lazy and driving those scooters around, they should be for disabled and people who actually can't walk like the elderly. mad People are downright rude. When you say excuse me twice very loudly because they are blocking the gate to get in because their magic band doesn't work and they don't move its just rude. And people need to learn to pick up after themselves. We saw so many tables that people just left their trash and junk on after eating and a trash bin is less that two feet away its disgusting and also rude to the CM's who have to clean it all up.

Day One 9/9/16
We started by getting up at 3:00am and making triple sure we had everything packed. Adam's cousin came and got us and drove us to the Airport in Manchester, NH. This is a really small airport we checked our bags and got right through security and got something to eat and drink at Dunkin Donuts which took the longest of everything. We had our Disney Themed Mr. and Mrs. shirts on and got lots of complements. We probably only waited an hour before we got on the flight. It was Southwest which we usually use to fly to Orlando. We both were pretty tired but neither of us could sleep. I ended up having to pee really bad about an hour before we landed so when I went back to use the bathroom the flight attendant noticed my shirt and asked if we were on our honeymoon and I said yes we are going to Disney World. So she got our names and then before we went to land she announced it over the intercom so it was cool. Our flight ended up landing 30 minutes early and when we got off the plane the flight crew gave us a big bottle of champagne! It was totally cool, but I felt really odd carrying a big bottle of champagne through Orlando International Airport lol.
We took the elevators and headed right down to the magical express and it was super easy with the magic bands we just scanned them and they told us which line to get in and maybe five minutes after that a bus came and we boarded it. That was when I turned my cell phone back on and I had already gotten a text from Disney that the room was ready and it was Building 38 room 3861. And alone with the text was a map and we ended up being in a really good location. We were not that far away from the main building and there were three pools near us and one was the big main pool. And there was a bus stop right above us.
There were several stops on the Magical Express, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, French Quarter and finally our stop Riverside. Which seems like it was mostly where everyone was going, which I was expecting because of the free dining offer. Despite that there never seemed like there was that many people there and it was always quiet. So when we got off the bus we stopped at the gift shop and got our Resort Mugs and stopped and filled them up. Then we went right to the room because I have already done the online check in and attached my visa and set up the pins for our Magic Bands. We checked the room out really quick and then we were on our way to the bus stop and to Magic Kingdom! We never ever waited longer than ten minutes for a bus the whole time we were there and we were the second stop along the Riverside route.
So we ended up getting right on a bus and headed to MK, the only thing was the Riverside stop was like 9 million miles away from the gates! Ugh! But it was ok. It was a Friday so MK was packed a little bit but not too bad. We grabbed some lunch at Cosmic Ray's Cafe, which I was delighted to find their allergy free menu and got a Gluten Free Chicken sandwich and fries that were super yummy! We then hopped on the people mover before heading to Adventure land where our first fastpass was located. We had fast passes for Jungle Cruise, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, and Peter Pan's Flight. Pirates of the Caribbean was the first actually ride we rode and it said a 25 minutes wait and it was more like 10 (this seemed to be a common thing throughout the trip). Then we still had some time before our Jungle Cruise pass so we decided to get a Dole Whip and we both loved it. Then we hoped on the Jungle Cruise but we got put towards the back and couldn't hear a darn thing the girl was saying! It kind of stunk especially using a fast pass for it! After that we hit the Tiki Room and enjoyed the show and lovely air condition because it was HOT HOT HOT! I got a glimpse of Princess Jasmines new clothes, although it is really pretty in person, I still don't like it on her, it doesn't look like how Jasmine looks, plus who the heck wants to wear full sleeves and a turtle neck when its 100 degrees out!
After that we skipped over to The Haunted Mansion because its my favorite ride and I was a bit disappointed that they were still working on the outside of it especially since its the Halloween season, they had you going behind the other queue line and weren't allowing you to go into the area with the touch stuff. After that we walked up and got to waters at a stand in Fantasyland and the CM gave us the two water for free! Oh I forgot to mention we got our Happily ever After buttons at the resort earlier that day. (I found that I wish they still had the "Just Married" ones as we got a lot of people saying Happy Anniversary to us instead of Congratulations.) We also had gotten Adam's groom ears on our way in the park and I already had gotten my Bride ears from someone selling them on Facebook for $8 with shipping.
So we sat and drank our waters down and it was time for our 7 Dwarves Mine Train fast pass and somehow we ended up going by the entrance on the other side headed to Ariel's Grotto and had to go all the way around to find the entrance. I liked the ride I though it was pretty cute I just wish it was longer. Its a pretty short ride. But this was the first Video and pictures we got and they were super cool and uploaded almost instantly.
At this point we had some time before our Fast Pass for Peter Pan which mind you was a 70 minutes wait so I definitely wasn't waiting for it. We hopped on the people mover again and did some stuff in Tomorrowland. Then we hit Peter Pan, which well its Peter Pan it hasn't changed all that much. We now still had a couple of hours to go before we needed to be at the Contemporary for our dinner reservations and it was getting really crowded at the park. So we decided to hit the train, ride it once around and then get off at Main Street. We still had time after that so we decided to get on the monorail and ride that around. So we rode it once around and back to the Contemporary, It still was only 6 and our reservation was for 7:40 so we explored the Resort a bunch. Neither of us really cared for the theme of the Resort, it is a Modern feel to it but we like the really themed resorts like Riverside and Boardwalk. But when we decided to change into our dress clothes there was a bathroom that was super amazing that smelled like Strawberries and had wicked thick towel cloths. Probably my new favorite bathroom.
It was finally time for us to check in for our reservation and they acknowledged my Gluten/Wheat allergy right off. We then went up the fancy elevator, as soon as we got up the sun was just setting and I managed to snap a picture before in completely set. Unfortunately out seats were on the other side of the restaurant with a view of Epcot instead of MK.
This was hands down my favorite dinner the whole stay. The gluten free rolls were totally awesome and as soon as we were done the waiter already had more on the table and every time they set something in from of my they confirmed it was Gluten Free. For an appetizer we ordered the pulled pork tacos. There were three of them but they were small, but they were so.....good! I don't even know why they were just amazing just everything tasted so good together.
For my main course I got the Beef Filet with the camelized onion risotto. It just so incredible. It was a good serving and the steak I think I could have cut it with my fork it was so tender and the flavoring on it was also incredible. Adam had
Joyce Farms Chicken ,Seared Breast, Chicken Tamale with Salsa Verde, Fire-roasted Tomato Sauce, Grilled Spring Onion. He said he wasn't sure what was under the chicken but it was awesome, but he tried some of my filet and he said if we go again he would get that. We just got done our dinner and it was about 5 minutes until firework time so we ended up going out onto the viewing deck to watch them and it was so incredible. I ended up crying watching them and what it was about "Wishes" and I could remember to when I was younger and watching Wishes and when they played "some day my prince will come" and now it had came and we were celebrating at our favorite place! It was just amazing.
After we came back in from the fireworks, they brought us over our dessert which they gave us for free and Adam scoffed it down so fast I didn't get to take a picture of it or try any! Though I don't know if I could with a full belly like I had.
After that we rode the Monorail back to MK and got on our bus back to our resort and fell asleep as soon as our little heads hit the pillow it has been a super long day!

I will post pictures later I am still in the process of downloading them all.

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21995

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
People need to stop being lazy and driving those scooters around, they should be for disabled and people who actually can't walk like the elderly. mad People are downright rude.

Please don't ever assume you know what someone else's medical situation is. Mobility disabilities come in many different shapes and sizes, some that can't be seen at all. Using a scooter is not a choice that comes lightly to people that need to do it, and the fear of being judged by able bodied folks can keep people who have invisible illness from taking care of themselves at the parks. Be kind, you don't know why anyone is in a scooter.

In July I couldn't walk at all, I've spent the past two months relearning and it's difficult - Would I have passed your glance of the eye?

Kristen in Epcot

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21995

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
We now still had a couple of hours to go before we needed to be at the Contemporary for our dinner reservations and it was getting really crowded at the park. So we decided to hit the train, ride it once around and then get off at Main Street. We still had time after that so we decided to get on the monorail and ride that around. So we rode it once around and back to the Contemporary, It still was only 6 and our reservation was for 7:40 so we explored the Resort a bunch. Neither of us really cared for the theme of the Resort, it is a Modern feel to it but we like the really themed resorts like Riverside and Boardwalk. But when we decided to change into our dress clothes there was a bathroom that was super amazing that smelled like Strawberries and had wicked thick towel cloths. Probably my new favorite bathroom.
It was finally time for us to check in for our reservation and they acknowledged my Gluten/Wheat allergy right off. We then went up the fancy elevator, as soon as we got up the sun was just setting and I managed to snap a picture before in completely set. Unfortunately out seats were on the other side of the restaurant with a view of Epcot instead of MK.
This was hands down my favorite dinner the whole stay. The gluten free rolls were totally awesome and as soon as we were done the waiter already had more on the table and every time they set something in from of my they confirmed it was Gluten Free. For an appetizer we ordered the pulled pork tacos. There were three of them but they were small, but they were so.....good! I don't even know why they were just amazing just everything tasted so good together.
For my main course I got the Beef Filet with the camelized onion risotto. It just so incredible. It was a good serving and the steak I think I could have cut it with my fork it was so tender and the flavoring on it was also incredible. Adam had
Joyce Farms Chicken ,Seared Breast, Chicken Tamale with Salsa Verde, Fire-roasted Tomato Sauce, Grilled Spring Onion. He said he wasn't sure what was under the chicken but it was awesome, but he tried some of my filet and he said if we go again he would get that. We just got done our dinner and it was about 5 minutes until firework time so we ended up going out onto the viewing deck to watch them and it was so incredible. I ended up crying watching them and what it was about "Wishes" and I could remember to when I was younger and watching Wishes and when they played "some day my prince will come" and now it had came and we were celebrating at our favorite place! It was just amazing.

Yay!!! That all sounds so amazing. I'm so thrilled for you that you found your Prince Charming and was able to share Wishes with him. So romantic.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Kristen K. wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:
People need to stop being lazy and driving those scooters around, they should be for disabled and people who actually can't walk like the elderly. mad People are downright rude.

Please don't ever assume you know what someone else's medical situation is. Mobility disabilities come in many different shapes and sizes, some that can't be seen at all. Using a scooter is not a choice that comes lightly to people that need to do it, and the fear of being judged by able bodied folks can keep people who have invisible illness from taking care of themselves at the parks. Be kind, you don't know why anyone is in a scooter.

In July I couldn't walk at all, I've spent the past two months relearning and it's difficult - Would I have passed your glance of the eye?

Kristen in Epcot

I didn't by any means mean to be offensive, and no I wouldn't have looked twice at you. We saw several kids on them that were running and playing around when they were off and then on them weaving around people and running into them. And a few people our age that had them that would put them on the bus but stand for a 20 minute bus ride back to the resort. There are people who are hard to tell they have a disability and we saw a few people like that but assumed they must have had surgery or something causing them to be un able to walk. But those people were really nice and we talked to several people. There was just some people that were rude and ran into you and wouldn't even apologize and those things hurt when you run into someone!

Kristen K. wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:
We now still had a couple of hours to go before we needed to be at the Contemporary for our dinner reservations and it was getting really crowded at the park. So we decided to hit the train, ride it once around and then get off at Main Street. We still had time after that so we decided to get on the monorail and ride that around. So we rode it once around and back to the Contemporary, It still was only 6 and our reservation was for 7:40 so we explored the Resort a bunch. Neither of us really cared for the theme of the Resort, it is a Modern feel to it but we like the really themed resorts like Riverside and Boardwalk. But when we decided to change into our dress clothes there was a bathroom that was super amazing that smelled like Strawberries and had wicked thick towel cloths. Probably my new favorite bathroom.
It was finally time for us to check in for our reservation and they acknowledged my Gluten/Wheat allergy right off. We then went up the fancy elevator, as soon as we got up the sun was just setting and I managed to snap a picture before in completely set. Unfortunately out seats were on the other side of the restaurant with a view of Epcot instead of MK.
This was hands down my favorite dinner the whole stay. The gluten free rolls were totally awesome and as soon as we were done the waiter already had more on the table and every time they set something in from of my they confirmed it was Gluten Free. For an appetizer we ordered the pulled pork tacos. There were three of them but they were small, but they were so.....good! I don't even know why they were just amazing just everything tasted so good together.
For my main course I got the Beef Filet with the camelized onion risotto. It just so incredible. It was a good serving and the steak I think I could have cut it with my fork it was so tender and the flavoring on it was also incredible. Adam had
Joyce Farms Chicken ,Seared Breast, Chicken Tamale with Salsa Verde, Fire-roasted Tomato Sauce, Grilled Spring Onion. He said he wasn't sure what was under the chicken but it was awesome, but he tried some of my filet and he said if we go again he would get that. We just got done our dinner and it was about 5 minutes until firework time so we ended up going out onto the viewing deck to watch them and it was so incredible. I ended up crying watching them and what it was about "Wishes" and I could remember to when I was younger and watching Wishes and when they played "some day my prince will come" and now it had came and we were celebrating at our favorite place! It was just amazing.

Yay!!! That all sounds so amazing. I'm so thrilled for you that you found your Prince Charming and was able to share Wishes with him. So romantic.

It was really incredible we are definitely doing it again when we come back.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

So I am still having difficulties downloading pictures as Photopass has been down and I haven't been able to download them. But I have some from my camera and cell phone from the first day. I will just post a couple.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

So I am still having difficulties downloading pictures as Photopass has been down and I haven't been able to download them. But I have some from my camera and cell phone from the first day. I will just post a couple.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Day Two: 9/10/16

So day two we got up early because Animal Kingdom had early morning magic hours and in past experiences that was always the best time to see the animals. So we went to the bus and it came probably two minutes after we were there. It was a little crowded on the bus but we managed to get seats. We were at the park before it even opened and got to go through at rope drop. We headed straight back to Africa to get on the Safari and it seemed that is where everyone else was heading too. Adam was worried thinking the line was going to be long. I told him not to worry they know to be prepared for opening and they would have lots of buses ready to go for it. When we got to the ride the line said 5 minutes which was the walk to get on it. We got right on and even got put in the front row which I had never been in before! We saw tons and tons of animals. Everything was out the only thing we saw little of was the Giraffes. They was four of them out but they were far back and crowded all together. And for some reason the baboons weren't out the entire time we were there. It was a great safari.
After that we did the Jungle Trek and saw a bunch of animals there. We even got to see the baby Gorillas playing and they were so...cute! And there were a ton of Silver Back males out as well, we watched one fill his water bucket up and pick it up and drink it. The cast member was telling us they have their own buckets and know which one is theirs' and they will bring it over and they have to actually hold them button in on the water to fill it up. Incredibly smart creatures.
After that we had our fast passes for Mount Everest coming up so we walked that direction towards Asia, while my stomach was doing flip flops and I was having a mild panic attack already. I could not believe it though, there was NO photo pass people out. We passed all kinds of photo opportunities but no photo pass people were out at all, and by this time the park was at its normal hours it was very surprising.
We still had a bit before we could do our fast pass for Everest so we decided to do Kali River Rapids, although it was just pass 9am, it was already in the high 80's and humid as heck so we figured even if we did get soaked we would dry off quickly. We got mildly soaked, our butts were damp and Adam's shoes got wet because he didn't pick them up like I did. But the people next to us got drenched! Oh and this time we had to put our stuff in lockers, which were a little confusing to figure out, but we got it. I guess the took the thing in the middle out where you used to be able to put your stuff in.
So after that it was time for Everest. My tummy was doing flip and flops and I was so...not ready for that big drop. Adam was trying to get me to calm down and be good about it but it was not working. And it was really not crowded at all that day. We had fast passes but the stand by line as only 15 minutes! So we go on and of course we go the way way back! SO I am just thinking its that much farther of a drop now because we are in the back and have the whole coaster to go down now!!!! So going we got going up and the whole going through it part was fine until we got to the part where the track ends and I was like alright here we go! And then I had to breath really well to keep from freaking out too bad and Adam grabbed my hand, well we didn't remember that it goes backwards for a bit before it lines up for the drop and when it went backwards really fast it grabbed Adam's ears and pushed them forward causing his prescription sunglasses to go off. They hit his body, but must have bounced off and down because they were not in the cart afterwards. I felt really bad he lost them!
So I ended up surviving the big drop and after that I was great, I am just not a drop person at all but I love the rides. After that we walked around and went to Dinoland and we met Pluto, and Goofy and they were super awesome. I thought out fast passes were at a certain time for Primeval Whirl but I was a bit off so we decided to go do the Tree of Life, we walked by the line to meet Pocahontas was where Pooh and Tigger used to meet. I wanted to go meet her and see her new outfit, but it was a 40 minute wait already and I didn't want to wait that long so we hit the tree off life and went back to Dinoland did the rollercoaster and then it was almost time for our reservation at The Rainforest Cafe so we started to walk towards the front of the part and finally saw a photo pass person on the bridge and got a photo done.
I was really glad I made reservations because the place was really packed. I didn't think a lot of people went there as we have been able to just walk in without a reservation in the past but it was a wait when we got there. We got our seats and I told the waiter that I had a Gluten/Wheat allergy so he said he would get the chef for me, and in the meantime we ordered two strawberry Daiquiris in souvenir glasses. Which may or may not have been the greatest thing to drink in the heat! It was a good idea at the time it seemed!
The chef came out and asked me what I was thinking of having and I told him the chicken sandwich, and to my surprise he said they had gluten free rolls he could put it on too so that was awesome, and it was also delicious. Adam got the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant and he said it was really good as well. After that we both were pretty tired and the heat was just killer on us so we decided to head back to the room and possibly take a dip in the pool to cool off. Well when we got back we made the mistake of laying down on the beds and next thing we knew it was on hour later and we had taken a cat nap. My plan had been to do the bars along the monorail, but at this point I was getting really hungry again and we had the boat that would take us to Disney Springs at our resort. So we decided to see if we could get into Raglan Road that night instead of going for lunch the next day as we had dinner reservations for Garden Grill and didn't want to be too full for that.
So we hopped on the boat, but by the time we got off the boat I wasn't feeling so good and I realized we hadn't really drank anything that day other than our Daiquiris and our QS drink in the morning. So I stayed in the air in the Christmas shop and Adam went in search of some water for me. I drank down one bottle and still felt sick to my stomach so I had him get me another one and I drank that one and started to feel a bit better so I got another one and drank half of that one and then I was back to normal just starving. So we decided to walk to Raglan Road and get dinner. So by now its like prime dinner time 7pm. So it was over an hour wait to get into the restaurant but the patio had seating so we decided to sit out there. The sun was setting and we have a beautiful sunset view and I got to have Gluten Free fish and chips which were delicious and Adam got the Chicken dish which I had some and it was awesome, and the chicken was falling right off of the bone he would just touch it and it would fall right off. Adam ordered a dessert and we ended up getting it for free for our honeymoon. I didn't even get a chance to take pictures of these meals because we devoured it, and it was pretty much the last thing on my mind. We had wanted to go to Epcot that night but by the time we were done with dinner we only had an hour before it closed and the bus station was like a million miles away so we decided to go back to the room and go for a swim. This was pretty much my only complaint about the resort, was our building was pretty far away from a pool, so we only ended up going twice the time we were there.
And so ends day two.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

I think this is my favorite pictures on the trip.

PreviewAttachmentSize
ak_dinochar1_20160910_7798818985.jpeg
ak_dinochar1_20160910_7798818985.jpeg2.48 MB
__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Day Three: 9/11/16
So we decided to sleep in that morning and do our souvenir shopping at Disney Spring at the World of Disney so they could send it back to our room and we wouldn't have to worry about it. We had a small prayer that morning for all the brave me and women who lost their lives that day 15 years before.
Then we had breakfast at the resort. I really liked the quick service there you could choose from different stations, I am not a huge breakfast person so I just got some Mickey Waffles with bacon, and I just told one of the girls there that I had a gluten/wheat allergy, and she said she would tell the chef so she went back and told him and it was maybe 10 minutes later I had a whole plate full of awesome mickey head waffles and bacon specially for me! Boy was I spoiled with food on this trip really missing it now I am back home.
After that we were just in time to catch a boat to Disney Springs and headed over. Despite everything pretty much opening it was still really busy and we went to Disney Springs a total of three times this visit and it was busy every single day and we hardly got to see anything.
I usually find some clothes or at least a sweatshirt I like during our trips, but I literally hated all the clothes I saw except one Halloween shirt that I got. I purchases an ornament and that shirt, and we got a couple of things for other people but that was it! More money to spend on Food and Wine I guess!
After that, I wanted to get going back to the park, which that day was Epcot, we were still down by the world of Disney store and according to the map it looked like the buses were five million miles away so we go on the boat back to the Resort and then hopped on the bus to Epcot. It was super nice that day almost no crowds but the odd things was (which we noticed A LOT this trip) Spaceship earth said 25 minute wait, and I was like WHAT! No way there were just people going through the doorway and I told Adam, there is no way the ride is right there through that door, it would have to wrapped around here five times to be a 25 minutes wait! So we went on it and sure enough we walked right on, had I not known better we probably wouldn't have rode it!
I really love this ride, but the bummer part was the thing with the faces wasn't working so it didn't have our faces on it at all! After that we were kind of hungry but didn't want anything too filling because we had dinner reservations for the Garden Grill at 7:05pm. So we stopped by the electric umbrella. I have to say this was probably the worst food experience I had the whole trip. I decided to get the allergy friendly chicken strip kids meal. And Adam got a salad. It was nearly 20 minutes before they came out with it, and there was another guy that had 4 allergy friendly meals next to us and he was maybe 5 minutes before we were, but our stuff got brought out at the same time, but they gave him four allergy friendly cookies and fast passes to any ride, but Adam and I got offered nothing even though we waited nearly as long! When we got the food, the chicken was burnt but I didn't want to complain and it still tasted alright anyways. But Adam says "Ah man I didn't know there was black olives in this salad! Yuck!" Now he has a supreme distaste for black olives like he will not eat anything that touches them! So I told him I would pick them off and he will be fine, so I picked up and ate it and I noticed it tasted really sweet, and I was like wow that dressing is like a really sweet vinaigrette! So we sat down and I started picking them out of his salad so he could eat it, and I was like these aren't even pitted that is weird, so then I was like wait a second and ate another one. Well they were blueberries not black olives lol. So I told him to eat his blueberries!
After that we had a fast pass for Soarin, so I decided to head over that way and do the Seas with Nemo and then it might be time for our fast pass. So we did that, and I nearly got my sunglasses shoved underneath my shell when I got off the ride but managed to catch them before they did!
We went into the land building but still had 20 minutes before our fast passes so we looked to see what the line was like it said 15 minutes! So we decided to ride it then and then ride it again afterwards with our fast pass. So first thoughts when we rode it the first time was we really liked it, it was really cool and we liked the scene's, and you can definitely tell that one seen that isn't real. We really like the some of the smells too, but they weren't as present as Soarin Over California. The second time we rode it, we looked around more in the scenes and noticed more stuff and it was still really cool, when we rode it again on our last day though we both agreed we missed Soarin Over California and the Orange Grove and Pine Tree smell.
After that we still had some time before dinner so we decided to hit up Figment, and we did our funny picture where they put our faces on other people's bodies, this time we did mobsters from The Great Movie ride. We then went back to the Land and used our fast pass for Living with the Land, which was pretty much a wasted fast pass at the line was a 0 minute wait waiting this is why the tiered system stinks.
Then it was time for our dinner reservations at Garden Grill, this was also not my favorite meal experience, which stinks because I really loved it when we went three years ago.
First off, our waitress was nice, but she seemed amazingly nervous! She was shaky and was trying to explain my allergy friendly menu to me and I am not sure if that was why she was nervous or something else. So Adam got bud light and I just stuck with a coke. And We already had the salad on the table which was good, but could have used more dressing. They brought out special rolls for me and we both got our own butter again as not to cross contaminate. And the butter was so good, it had honey or brown sugar in it and was really sweet and yummy. Then they brought the food out, and I guess I never really realized that because it was a buffet and my allergy that we each got all of our own stuff, so it was WAY WAY too much food! I thought the beef was really tough and flavorless, Adam liked his but his also had gravy on it as mine did not. the turkey was really good though. Then there was sausage and onions and peppers, the onions and peppers were barely cooked and the sausage was ok but that is something I made at home all the time so it wasn't all that special. I guess they do not do the fish dish anymore or its seasonal and I was really looking forward to it as we got it last time and it was very good. The green beans were good and I think I ended up eating all of them. Adam had stuffing as well as mac and cheese which he really liked, but he said it was clearly velvetta which isn't all that special either. The characters we ok, they didn't really stop and spend very much time with us at all, which I guess is how it is because we were Adults? But it was weird. Mickey was ok and I got to show him my Mickey tattoo and he was excited, but Pluto was the best, he sat down with us and hung out and tried to steal our dessert! But didn't really stop for photos or anything.
Dessert I have to say was pretty awesome though, it was a berry shortcake and a gluten free version was given to me. Although the spots that did not have berry stuff on it were super dry. It was still yummy. We both agreed that we would skip this restaurant for now on. Especially just the two of dining there and with my allergy it was too much wasted food.

After dinner we only have 1 hour left for the park so we decided to go over and ride test track and get out of the park before illuminations let out. I was really surprised it was still a 40 minutes wait for Test Track at 8pm at night.

After that we headed back to the resort and we stopped by the bakery there and Adam got three huge cookies, apparently he was still having a sweet tooth after all that food!

__________________

danijrod's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/23/2014
Posts: 414

Enjoying your trip report. I don't know if it's just my computer but none of the pictures are showing up.

It's a shame about Garden Grill. I love the Riverside desserts yum so I understand why he got three cookies ha! I also understand your anxiousness on Everest I had the same before I went on Aerosmith.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5417

danijrod wrote:
Enjoying your trip report. I don't know if it's just my computer but none of the pictures are showing up.

It's a shame about Garden Grill. I love the Riverside desserts yum so I understand why he got three cookies ha! I also understand your anxiousness on Everest I had the same before I went on Aerosmith.

Nope, I can't see them either sad

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

danijrod wrote:
Enjoying your trip report. I don't know if it's just my computer but none of the pictures are showing up.

It's a shame about Garden Grill. I love the Riverside desserts yum so I understand why he got three cookies ha! I also understand your anxiousness on Everest I had the same before I went on Aerosmith.

Allie wrote:
danijrod wrote:
Enjoying your trip report. I don't know if it's just my computer but none of the pictures are showing up.

It's a shame about Garden Grill. I love the Riverside desserts yum so I understand why he got three cookies ha! I also understand your anxiousness on Everest I had the same before I went on Aerosmith.

Nope, I can't see them either sad

Yeah Everest kind of scared the heck out of me but its still fun I don't get it. lol Sorry I am not sure why there aren't showing up I'll try posting again.
And I will try to finish this report from what I can remember! We decided demo the master bedroom when we got back home and then the holidays and everything and then I realized I never finished this report!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Day Four September 12th
Hollywood Studios (Kinda)

So this was a Monday and I thought oh Hollywood Studios won't be busy at all, they didn't open until 9am. So we headed out to the main bus stop and got the bus for Hollywood Studios and it was already JAM PACKED! I was like WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON! We had to stand and there was very little room and it was still a little bit before it even opened because we had fast passes for Toy Story Mania right at 9am.

So we got there pretty much right at opening because all the gates were open it was right about 9am. We walked down to Toy Story Mania and used our fast passes,(this was only our second time ever riding this ride) it is so..... much fun and of course Adam beat me! I was so mad because I was totally in the lead until the last scene! After we got off I was expecting to see the line be at least 45 minutes with the crowd we had just got off the bus with, but it was only a 10 minutes wait! So we were like HECK YEAH WE ARE GOING AGAIN! So we hopped right back in line and it was literally a walk on. This time we got to be in the new portion of the ride which was really cool because it was like Andy's bedroom with the big door and everything. And guess what Adam beat me again! So we got off and I was like oh its got to be a huge wait now, nope still ten minutes! So we got on it again! It was an actual ten minutes wait this time if not 15 and we decided that would be out last ride and we would go do other stuff. Oh and he beat me that time too.

So after that because the other way around the park is totally blocked off by construction, we walked back to The Great Movie Ride which was actually a 30 minutes wait! I don't think I have ever waited that long for this ride. I didn't really like the new audio where it tells you everything I like the tour person doing it but it was ok. We were way in the back and it was kind of hard to hear it. Then when we got off the doors wouldn't release and we were standing there like dummies and they started letting people on and they didn't realize that we were still stuck there.

After that it was CRAZY HOT so we grabbed a couple of waters and an Ice Cream bar to share and the awesome cast member there loved my tank top which had Ariel on it and it also has Ursula on the back. We decided to head to the other end of the park and we did the Muppets, which was completely empty I think there was maybe 10 people there and then we did star tours. By the time we did those two things it was time for us to use our TOT fastpass. As we got closer though I had a MAJOR panic attack about it. I had to sit down in front of the entrance for like 10 minutes before I got enough gusto just to go for it. So we pretty much walked right on, when we got up to the elevator and the Bell Hop told us what line to go in we did, then he came over is like oh wait can you guys go in line 1? And my stomach dropped knowing line 1 was the very front, and I was like you got to be kidding me! I know he did it for us for special treatment, apparently I didn't have that I am going to die on this ride look on my face yet.

So we got in and buckled up and the doors closed and now my stomach is in my shoes, and I had to do some really good breathing exercises. It seemed like everything went faster than I remembered up to the point of the drop. When it goes all black and you are in mystery. My previous experience is going up first, not this time, we went down all the way up all the way down all the way up all the way, like 10 times, not kidding even Adam said that was the most drops he had ever done. I told him this was the one and only time I was going to ride it this trip so be thankful.
But thankfully I saw the Haunted Mansion print that I had been wanting in the gift shop and had it sent back to the room. By now we were pretty hungry and Rockin Rollercoaster was over an hour wait. Neither of us really wanted to wait that long, I said we could come back some other time but we actually never did.

We had lunch at the ABC Commissary along with about 15 Billion other people we had to stand around for a few minutes to even gets seats when someone left the table. I had the chicken strips (gf) and they were yummy I think Adam got a chicken sandwich. We had both seen Indiana Jones a lot and it was super hot so we decided to go over to Epcot via the boat. We stopped at all the photopasses along the way. We had to of course get out Memory Makers worth.

The boat was just pulling up as we got in line. These boats are SO..... much better than the Disney Springs ones, as in coolness wise. We got off at the International gateway and we decided to try the lemon and orange slushies in Paris we got them and then went into the back of the bakery and sat in the nice cool air conditioning. WOW THERE IS A LOT OF ALCHAHOL IN THESE! Especially on a hot day! We shared both of them but we both preferred the lemon one to the orange.

After that we casually walked around the countries and decided to make our way towards the front of the park to head to Fort Wilderness. So I had ended up giving Adam a card with his two surprises on it the day of the wedding so I didn't have to be all secretive about it on the honeymoon. He was pretty excited. I think we may have hit Spaceship Earth on the way out and the screens were still not working with taking out pictures for whatever reason. It never worked the whole trip.

We got right on the bus to Fort Wilderness as it was just sitting there apparently there was a shift change. We got right on then it poured for about ten minutes. We got off at Fort Wilderness then figured out we needed to get onto an additional bus to get to the Hoop Dee Doo. So we got on the other bus and it seemed like it too FOREVER to get there I couldn't believe how huge Fort Wilderness was. Of course we were there about 1.5 hours early so my evil plan to go check out the stables worked. So we went to the stables and saw Cinderella's Shetland ponies, and we saw one of the horses that does the Headless horseman for Boo to You. And SHHHH don't tell anyone but one of the girls working there let me into his stall and we got to stand there and love and pet on him for a good half hour. It was awesome and he was a super sweet boy!
There was another horse that was there that was a Belgian and he was HUGE and he took a liking to Adam and was giving him all kinds of kisses it was hilarious. After that we went into the bar and got two waters and then went outside and sat and waited for the show.

I won't get too much into the show, but it was a blast and Adam said we had to do it again. He said it was the best fried chicken he has ever had in his life and the corn bread and butter was to die for. After the show we took the boat over to the Magic Kingdom and ended up talking to the girl who got chosen to be in the show and they ended up being from Concord NH which is like 30 minutes south of us! Small world right?
This was one of the last nights to see the electrical parade so there was a drove of people coming into the magic kingdom, but we ended up getting really good spots in front of the DVC booth in FrontierLand. Its nice because there is fencing so no one can stand in front of you. So we were that about 30-45 before the parade started, and hadn't moved at all. Some people are just plain rude some lady was like squeezing in between us and kept flipping her hair in my face. And then while I was trying to video she would lean way out with her camera and block my shot so I had to wait for the floats to be directly in front of my to get them. It was horrible and I was so....mad halfway through I looked at Adam and said if she flips her hair in my face one more time I'm going to rip it out!
After that the park closed to we went back to the Resort totally exhausted from the day.

I have pictures but none of them are loading so I will try to post them at another time.

__________________

danijrod's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/23/2014
Posts: 414

That is amazing for TSMM and glad your plan for the stables worked it sounds like a lovely experience.

A shame about that woman at the parade I think I would have been the same as you so rude and no need for it.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

danijrod wrote:
That is amazing for TSMM and glad your plan for the stables worked it sounds like a lovely experience.

A shame about that woman at the parade I think I would have been the same as you so rude and no need for it.

It was rather irritating. The thing is if she would have asked we would have squeezed in even more so that she could have a proper view, but instead she was rude and forced herself in there and continued to ruin my filming and flipped her hair in my face.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

So it is only letting me do a few photos at a time. This is from our second day there at Animal Kingdom.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

More of AK

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Day Five September 13th
Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP Day!
Also known as the WORST DAY OF OUR TRIP! Angry Angry Sad(

So it was my goal to see the morning show at the park that morning but we were so flipping exhausted that that didn't happen, but I think we just missed it. We had fast passes for 9:20 for the mine train and I think we got there just in time for that. So this was our second time on the mine train and its still fun but its so...short! I wish it was longer and the cars had more swing to them.
So it was a fun day at the Magic Kingdom and crowds were relatively low. We ended up having lunch at Cosmic Ray's again and it was really good and we sat on the side and could see into Merida's meet and great and she had no line! I was like OMG! We need to go meet Merida I haven't met her before. So we went and got in line and there was like 3 people in line. She was great she said that Adam was a penguin and I was a polar bear and we were from way up north, which was pretty accurate because are from NH.
As it was getting time for the party we had fast passes for Splash Mountain which for some reason had a really long line the whole time we were there and this ended up being the only time we got to ride it. So after that it started to rain and it seemed like it was just going to be a good Florida rain and it was going to peter off. Well it did for like right before the party started. We walked up to the front of the park to get our wristbands and out candy bags and then the announcement started the party and it DOWN POURED. They never ended up opening the back entrance way which I really wanted to see.
All the characters went away even the ones inside the big top circus area. I had brought an umbrella but it didn't do much. Then we decided to just say lets do this and we walked down main street and fallowed the map to some candy spots and rides. We ended up at Winnie the Pooh and dryness then it was down pouring so bad we could barely see in front of us. After the ride we decided to buy ponchos everyone was just hiding from the rain and we decided we weren't going to do that. We hit several candy spots. I was really sad because of the rain they didn't have the special lady out in front of the Haunted Mansion. Then we worked our way around to Adventureland and went through the Tiki Room, several of the candy spots that were listed weren't out because they were outside locations. We finally at this point found a photo pass person who took some special photos but nothing all that special. This was the ONLY one we found all night. They then called off the first Boo to You Parade and it was still pouring rain so at this point I was soaking wet, my hula skirt was pretty much a spit ball and we hadn't gotten to do half the stuff because of the rain so I was NOT a happy camper.
Then the rain started to get lighter and it was just misting as we got out spot for Hallowishes. I was still worried they might call it off or it might still rain but it held off and we got to watch it. Still an awesome fireworks show. After that I wanted to get the pins but I thought they were at the Emporuim but they weren't they were in Storybook Circus Bigtop Tent so we ran down there and back and got a good spot in front of the castle for Boo To You. The rain had pretty much stopped by then but because the ground was still wet there was no Headless Horseman(Major Bummer!)
Still a good parade but sad to see no more Groundskeeper and dog for Haunted Mansion and no more Goofy's candy float, although Wreck it Ralph car was good and smelled yummy. After that all we had to do was turn around the get in front of the stage for the last Hocus Pocus show, which I think was the only one of the night and we were only a few rows in pretty cool.
This show was the BEST! By then my feet had absolutely HAD ENOUGH! I could barely stand but I was singing and dancing and laughing along. This show absolutely made my night and it was hosted by Thackery Binx who my cat is named after. After that it was a mass exit from the park, from those who stayed anyways there was very limited people there because of the rain. A lot of people were at guest relations when we left I assume asking for a refund or able to go another night. I wasn't happy for the price that I paid to barely be able to do anything and I still think they should have had the special photo passes running when we got out. There were NO photopass people as we were leaving anywhere! I was really looking forward to having special photos but sadly didn't really get any. They also didn't have any special popcorn buckets. I am not sure if they didn't get the delivery on time or what but it was supposed to be the Vampire Mickey and there were non at all and they didn't show up until a few parties after ours and we were home by then. So that was also disappointing. I know that is what you have to deal with with an outdoor event in that time of year but its still sad when you pay that much and don't really have that great of a time. We tried to make up for it but I really wish we would have been able to do everything.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Day three photos of Epcot and our dinner at the Garden Grill Mickey and Pluto were my favorite Pluto sat with us of course neither of us took a picture.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

This is Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Hoop Dee Doo (the photopass guys were awesome there was like 20 pictures because they kept having us do all kinds of poses). And lastly at the Magic Kingdom for the Electrical Parade.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

So these are from MMSSHP and our day at MK. I look 100% AWEFULL! Just to warn you! The last of the photo was a really cool one I took with my camera of the Boo to You parade it came out pretty cool.

__________________

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5417

That is amazing that Merida didn't have a line! It's been crazy long every time I've been there. We waited through 3 Merida breaks/tradeouts when we were there in April.

Your and DH's costumes are really cute. And I also have that Ariel/Ursula tank. awesome

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Allie wrote:
That is amazing that Merida didn't have a line! It's been crazy long every time I've been there. We waited through 3 Merida breaks/tradeouts when we were there in April.

Your and DH's costumes are really cute. And I also have that Ariel/Ursula tank. awesome

Yeah I was supper surprised when we went three years ago it was a crazy long line we waited for a while but it never moved so we never got to see her. Now I just have to meet Tiana and I will be set. Princess Fairytale Hall was always super busy when we were there. I wanted to see Rapunzel especially because of our Tangled themed wedding but we never got a chance.
I love that tank its so comfy!

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21995

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
Day Five September 13th
Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP Day!
Also known as the WORST DAY OF OUR TRIP! Angry Angry Sad(

So that was also disappointing. I know that is what you have to deal with with an outdoor event in that time of year but its still sad when you pay that much and don't really have that great of a time. We tried to make up for it but I really wish we would have been able to do everything.

That is so sad to hear because it really is a good party. However everyone I know who has gone during a downpour has come back with the same disappointment. In fact I think we have one or two other folks on the forum who had really rotten times because of rain.

Disney does give rain date tickets and refunds in these instances if you ask before you leave. As great as Disney is, they just can't control the weather, and storms happen. I am glad that the night ended well and you were singing and dancing and happy by the end.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

Kristen K. wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:
Day Five September 13th
Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP Day!
Also known as the WORST DAY OF OUR TRIP! Angry Angry Sad(

So that was also disappointing. I know that is what you have to deal with with an outdoor event in that time of year but its still sad when you pay that much and don't really have that great of a time. We tried to make up for it but I really wish we would have been able to do everything.

That is so sad to hear because it really is a good party. However everyone I know who has gone during a downpour has come back with the same disappointment. In fact I think we have one or two other folks on the forum who had really rotten times because of rain.

Disney does give rain date tickets and refunds in these instances if you ask before you leave. As great as Disney is, they just can't control the weather, and storms happen. I am glad that the night ended well and you were singing and dancing and happy by the end.

I wasn't totally sure because we had stayed the whole time, I was pretty sure that they were doing this though as there were a lot of people at guest relations when we left. But I didn't really feel right about asking, although we didn't get to do the characters and a lot of the candy spots and stuff we still got to see the parade and do the Hocus Pocus show so I wouldn't have felt right getting to go another night, though I gladly would have taken another especially because that was the ONLY night it rained when we were there, but oh well. It is an outside event so things like that do happen. I think maybe next time if we go and get tickets I might tediously check the weather and if it looks yucky I could see if I could ask guest relations to change the night if that is at all possible. But the one cool thing about all the rain is there was basically no one there, it was very limited crowds.

__________________