Making ADR 180 days out

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
Pixarpixie's picture
Making ADR 180 days out

Hello All!
I'm new to the forum and have been enjoying reading through the different topics.

A couple questions I have are about booking dining reservations online. It's my understanding that I can book 180 days before my arrival date.

At the 180 day mark can I book my dining reservations for my entire trip online?
Is the My Disney experience app the best place to do this?

I havent been to Disneyworld since 2007 so any tips you have for procuring hard to get resevations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you! mickey

~Pixarpixie

h0ney227's picture

Welcome to the forum! welcome How long are you staying? You can book 180 days from your trip plus up to 10 days after your first day if that makes sense. I would try to call and get the reservations since the MDE app tends to be a bit slow and glitchy sometimes.

Pixarpixie's picture

Thank you! We'll be in the parks for only 5 day in November. It's the days leading up to Thanksgiving so I'm anticipating big crowds.

Does the call center start at the same time the reservation spots open up online?

I'm hoping to get a dinner reservation at Be Out Guest and I hear they're hard to come by.

~Pixarpixie

h0ney227's picture

I think the call center opens at 7 am EST but I'm not 100% sure. We were able to get dinner reservations twice for BoG at 180 days out so best of luck!

JoAnn C's picture

Phone lines open at 7:00am Eastern. The plus 10 days is only for guests staying at a Disney owned resort. If you are staying at a Disney resort, make sure you link it to your MDE account. I find it easier booking through the disney website vs the app.

Pixarpixie's picture

Thank you all so much!

Yes, we're staying at Carribean Beach Resort so we'll be able to book all our dining at once. Yea!

Honey227 I'm glad you were able to book dinner reservations at BOG...it gives me hope.

I'm on the west coast so I'll be setting my alarm extra early that day! clapping

~Pixarpixie

I *think* the online reservations are available an hour earlier than the phone center. But I could be wrong. That was a few years ago, and I got up and signed into MDE at 3:00 am PT (6:00 am ET) and made all my ADRs online.

I also made them online for this coming trip. Just a preference.

alicemouse's picture

The most current info that I have says that the online reservations open at 6am (EST) and the phone reservations open at 8am (EST). Can anyone confirm or refute?

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

RobynPrincess's picture

Yeah they do open up an hour early online Smile

Welcome to the group pixie!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

You already got great answers, so I just wanted to say

welcome

Tiggerbelle's picture

Just my 2 cents - I prefer booking ADRs online. The online booking is available one hour earlier (yes, 6am EST), and it's essentially the same system the reps you speak with on the phone use. So, by doing it yourself you cut out the middle-man. The last time I booked over the phone the rep also gave me the "allow 1 1/2 hours to travel to your destination blah blah blah" speech after every booking, which I think wastes valuable time particularly if you're looking for some high priority ADRs.

I just booked my ADRs a few days ago. I did have all of the days and times mapped out with the restaurants and back-ups in case my first choice wasn't available. It took me about 1/2 an hour to book 13 reservations for a 10 day vacation.

One tip I have is to log onto MyDisneyExperience on a computer rather than your phone, use the search option to locate the restaurant you want to book, and use the "Check Availability" field on the right side of the screen. I found this is much faster and has fewer clocking issues than going through the "Make Reservations" link.

As far as the difficult to get ressies, you don't have to go in date order, so book the hard to get ones first. If you're looking for dinner, choose the "Dinner" option from the dropdown. That will give you a broad search. But, don't give up hope if that doesn't work. You can then try the different individual times.

Even if there aren't any openings, there's still a chance you can get an ADR at a later date. On our last trip, Le Cellier was completely booked, but I kept looking...for weeks! Finally, a month before our trip, a time opened up. yay

Happy planning! And welcome

Pixarpixie's picture

Thank you all for the warm welcome and helpful tips! muchlove

Is it weird I'm looking forward to waking up at 2:45am to make reservations? I've got my fingers crossed crossfingers and great backups if my first choices don't pan out.

Sometimes I think planning the details for my trip is almost as fun as going! mickey

~Pixarpixie

alicemouse's picture

Pixarpixie wrote:
Sometimes I think planning the details for my trip is almost as fun as going! mickey

You'll fit in just fine here! Good luck with your ADRs mickey crossfingers

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Magic Mirror's picture

I am a control freak with my Disney planning..
so I really prefer doing them all on the computer by myself mickey

and

pillowfight welcome yeah