May 2013 trip overlaps for meet-ups.

Login to post comments
17 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
May 2013 trip overlaps for meet-ups.

To all new members: Please enter your vacation dates in the "Who's going to Walt Disney World (or Disney Land)" thread or you will not be on these charts. Thank you.

PreviewAttachmentSize
may_2013.pdf168.48 KB
RobynPrincess's picture

Our may dates are up in the air still as we are hoping to book alast minute trip. We might end up going on the 27th april for 2 weeks. So what we will do if there are meet ups planned for when we are there, is just slot in with the already planned meet ups if we can Smile

Our dates for September are set though Wink

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

ocarina's picture

If anyone wants to join me for a margarita (or an ice cream, I suppose... Wink) just give me a shout!

Kat's picture
Kat

ocarina wrote:
If anyone wants to join me for a margarita (or an ice cream, I suppose... Wink) just give me a shout!

Oh I totally would but alas we only have 1 day that overlaps, since I'm on a cruise for the rest of it Sad

Fall 2015: Master's Degree Graduation Trip, Details TBD! Can't wait to be back in the World!
Nov. 2014: Baby's First 1/2 Day at the Magic Kingdom; our date day at Hollywood studios
Jan. 2014: Our princess was born!
May 2013: Our POR & DCL honeymoon (& my husband's first Disney trip of hopefully many!)
May 2013: Our Disney-themed wedding

RobynPrincess's picture

I have booked us tickets to see Olly Murs in house of blues on the 7th now so I best get sorting some flights Wink

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

ocarina's picture

Kat wrote:
ocarina wrote:

Oh I totally would but alas we only have 1 day that overlaps, since I'm on a cruise for the rest of it Sad

Boo Sad Well, have one in spirit for me on the cruise (and post pictures! I'd love to do a cruise but my fella hates the idea Sad)

Eeyore's picture

Wow! Big overlap! Smile Can't wait!

RobynPrincess's picture

We haven't *technically* booked our trip yet, we know we are going but we are holding out for a last min bargain on the flight. That being said... I have a plan already hahaha of course I have a plan Wink I even have ADR's hehehe our plans for May are as follows...

1st EPCOT, this day won't be changed as we have 2 (yes 2!) ADR's Wink
2nd Typhoon Lagoon all being well, evening DTD
3rd Hollywood Studios
4th Universal
5th animal kingdom am, Hollywood studios pm
6th magic kingdom
7th blizzard beach then seeing Olly Murs at house of blues in the evening
8th no plans yet

The days can get moved around, EPCOT is the only one that can't cause of the ADR's. if anyone has any plans to be in the same place we are always up for a drink/snack/chat with like minded people Smile

Watson's go West May 15

Miss Mikki's picture

What is your strategy for getting cheap last minute flights from the UK? I am just asking because I thought the flights became more expensive as they fill up? And could even sell out? I have a feeling you know something I don't wink

no ticker Sad

RobynPrincess's picture

Usually you would be right, scheduled flights go up in price, it's the charter flights that sometimes have bargains. Every year in January, may, and September they struggle to sell their flights, January is usually as no one has any money and the children have just gone back to school, May is exam time so parents don't want to take their kids out of school, and September is the month our school go back from summer holidays so parents don't take their children out then either. That's how bargains can sometimes be had, May is historically the best time to get a bargain, last year flights actually went as low as 170 pounds, considering we usually pay 600 you can understand what a great deal that is Wink but that was booking days before flying. I'm hoping to book about a week before we fly. It's nail biting stuff though I tell ya Wink

Watson's go West May 15

Miss Mikki's picture

You are much braver than me! I would have no nails left laugh I hope you get a great deal. Do you use a travel agent or websites (like Expedia, last minute.com)?

no ticker Sad

RobynPrincess's picture

No travel agent, all me Smile we will get a deal of some sort (I hope!) all through different websites. I have a list of hotels that we would settle for, it's not going to be onsite this trip as its a bonus trip, it's going to be a fairly cheap hotel, Rosen inn or the like. I've got prices for car hire so just need to book once the flight is booked, annual passes already so don't need any tickets Wink and credit card for overseas spending is already in the purse ready to get a bashing Wink with the cash in the bank ready to pay it off once we get back.

Watson's go West May 15

didyoucall911's picture

Looks like I'll be down there from May 6th - to May 11th at SSR. Not sure how much park time I'll have, will hopefully be done closing on a house, and setting up some repairs, and appliance deliveries. But will definitely be going to a few parks for a little during that time.

Emilio's picture

So where is this regal gathering going to occur? I may be in town (Orlando) by then crossfingers .

MrHub's picture

You can't meet up where ever you want to. It up to the people meeting up, who's available and when and where.

Robyn do you use skyscanner? Someone I used to work with uses them and said they were good? I think you are very brave waiting to book until the last minute, I could not do that!

We are staying at old key west resort and we tend to go with the flow while we are there. We have annual passes and will be park hopping and hitting the water parks as well. Maybe we can contact each other while there to arrange a meet up if anyone is interested.