Megan's Surprise trip 10/6-10/13 w/ Pictures

Login to post comments
67 posts / 0 new
nsaunier's picture
Megan's Surprise trip 10/6-10/13 w/ Pictures

For those who may not know me I'm Nicole. I'm going to apologize now because I've never done a trip report before and I have horrible grammar biggrin I am going to Disney World with my Mom and younger sister Megan (10) on October 6-13. yay The trip is a surprise to Megan because we told her we were going next year. This will be my Mom and Megan's first time ever in Disney. Megan is very excited for this weekend because we told her that we were going to spend the day in New Orleans and go shopping at the Disney Store to celebrate our 1 year mark. She has never been to the Disney Store so she is extremely excited to go shopping. I wrote a poem that tells her she is going to Disney. We will wake her up EARLY and let her read the poem first thing!! So here is the poem that she'll read:

Disney Vacation 2012

You may think we've messed up and printed the wrong year
But it seems we're more clever than we actually appear!

We are very sorry we aren't trying to be mean
But you can't come and see us in 2013!

The reason you see is very clear
You're actually coming this very year!

Mickey and Minnie can't wait to play
So hop on a plane and come visit us today!

The wait is over the time is near
Your Disney vacation is finally here!

You must be surprised and very excited
Your mom and your sister struggled to hide it!

Now go get dressed because you're leaving soon
You'll be in Disney this afternoon!!!

Here are our plans:

Saturday October 6
Wake Megan up at the last possible minute and cry like a baby while she reads the poem.
Our flight leaves at 7:55am and we should be landing at 10:35am
We are spending the afternoon in Magic Kingdom and eating Dinner at Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Sunday October 7
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's then spending the day in Magic Kingdom.
For dinner we are meeting some of our family at Planet Hollywood

Monday October 8
Spending the day in Hollywood Studios and Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Tuesday October 9
Spending most of the day in Epcot then heading to Downtown Disney for dinner at Planet Hollywood...again lol I love that place!

Wednesday October 10
Spending the day in Animal Kingdom

Thursday October 11
Spending the day in Magic Kingdom and eating lunch at Crystal Palace.
Then we are attending MNSSHP. Megan will be Cinderella and me and my mom will be the Ugly Stepsisters. (Our costumes are ADORABLE)

Friday October 12
The first half of the day we will be in AK and the second half in HS
Dinner is at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

Saturday October 13
Lots of tears and maybe even a little kicking and screaming (from me of course) laugh
Flight back home at 12:15pm

We are going to video Megan reading the poem so as soon as I can get it uploaded to YouTube I'll post the link. I can NOT wait for you guys to see our costumes so I'll post those as SOON as we get all dressed up. I hope I didn't bore you guys too much and sorry for rambling on and on but I'm VERY excited!!

~~~Nicole~~~

TroyW's picture

To my Dear Disney Friend(DDF) Nicole, awesome job!!! mickey I can not wait to see the video, but it will probably be after we get back from our trip.
You have set up such a wonderful trip, I know Megan will be bouncing off the walls.
Looking forward to seeing you guys at MK and all of us getting our pic in front of the Castle.

nsaunier's picture

Thanks DDF!! I'm also looking forward to our castle picture!!

~~~Nicole~~~

MrHub's picture

I'll say it now, "Awesome job Nicole!" awesome Anybody that can pull a Disney surprise trip off is "Awesome", and I say that from experience from when Scrappy did that for me. You'll be Megan's DFF = Disney Friend Forever

nsaunier's picture

Thanks mrhub!! It is NOT easy and it adds tons of stress but it'll all be worth it! Just pray that she wont find out in these last two days crossfingers

~~~Nicole~~~

MrHub's picture

It wouldn't matter now, you've held out this long.

crazycatperson's picture

Nicole, what a wonderful surprise for your sister! I hope you all have the most magical vacation ever.

Vettelover's picture

Have a great time and I am sure that your sister will as well. Also great job on the poem, very clever. awesome

finngirl's picture

I've been amazed that you have been able to keep this a secret. You are the best big sister ever! yay

Have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see the pictures and video. We leave next Tuesday - if I see a big sister, a little sister, and a Mom crying, I will know it's you. laugh

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

JoAnn C's picture

Great poem! Great job on keeping it a secret this long. Looking forward to reading about your trip and seeing the video.

Hardy0109's picture

That is AMAZING! You guys have some awesome plans too. That sounds like a great trip for you and your sister and I can't wait to see the video! It must have been a challenge to keep it from her all of this time!

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

TroyW's picture

I've said it before. The government should hire Nicole to train on how to keeps secrets. biggrin

angels444's picture

Ok am I the only one that got teary reading that poem?
Maybe it is all the excitement and magic of Disney. I cry going through the Gates too. muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

This is so sweet, you all better enjoy yourselves so much!! muchlove

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

angels444 wrote:
Ok am I the only one that got teary reading that poem?
Maybe it is all the excitement and magic of Disney. I cry going through the Gates too. muchlove

No Angels I too teared up. Oh Nicole how lucky Megan is to have you as her "Big Sister". I can't wait to see your video and your trip report. Have a wonderful time - you deserve it. yay clapping yay clapping

Kris1971's picture

Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see the video!!!

Mase's picture

Congrats! Cant wait for everything!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

nsaunier's picture

Thanks you guys!! I checked us into our flight this morning and I'm leaving work at 12 to go home and pack. I can NOT wait to see the look on her face tomorrow morning. biggrin

~~~Nicole~~~

Mase's picture

You just gave me an idea for my trip report this year!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kristen K.'s picture

How fantastic! Oh you guys are going to have THE BEST time! I can't wait to see your video and costume and hear all about it!

Allie's picture

Oh my gosh I LOVE THIS! Your sister is going to be so excited! I cannot wait to see the video and see pictures of your costumes! Have an amazing time! muchlove

Jess's picture

That poem gave me goosebumps... Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics and video... You are the best big sister ever

angels444's picture

SO what happened? How surprised was she? The poem was great and I am waiting to hear how she reacted.
Details we need details. waiting muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Kristen K.'s picture

Me too! Give us an update! Pictures too!

nsaunier's picture

Sorry it took me so long lol I'm at work and I'm having trouble uploading the pictures so I'll try to do them again when I get home. If you guys want you can add me of facebook because I have them all uploaded there. It's Nicole Saunier and my default picture is with Mickey Mouse (shocker). lol

Day 1: The surprise didnt go quite as planned. We woke her up and 4am and told her she got a letter. She sat up really quick and was so excited that she had something addressed to her. So she reads the whole thing and just saying oh thats really cool. I'm like "what??? Do you get it?" and she just looked at me all confused lol so I said "we are going to Disney today!!!" and her jaw hit the ground. I was crying like a baby lol We set up all of our luggage in the living room with our matching shirts laying on top of them. She was so excited when she saw our shirts and even more excited when she saw that she had her very own luggage set. The whole way to the airport she was asking me are we gonna ride this?, are we gonna ride that?, can we watch the fireworks?, what about the parades?, are we gonna meet the princesses? Every time I said yes her eyes lit up. It really was so sweet. Then we told her that we got her a 200 dollar gift card to buy whatever she wanted and that was like Christmas for her lol Once we got to All Star Movies she was in awe of the huge Woody and Buzz. We stayed there for a while taking pictures. After we ate lunch in the food court we headed to Magic Kingdom and I busted out crying like a big baby when I saw the castle. We rode a few rides and took in the scenery until it was time for dinner which was at Toney's Town Square Restaurant. The food really wasn't anything special and I probably wouldn't eat there again. One positive is that they sat us by the window and we were able to watch the parade. I thought that was pretty neat. After dinner we called it a night because we were exhausted!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc00318.jpg
dsc00318.jpg1.8 MB

~~~Nicole~~~

Magic Mirror's picture

pillowfight

My eyes are watering just reading what you have wrote so far!

We need more !!!

clapping clapping clapping

nsaunier's picture

Day 2: We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and we all LOVED it!! The food was good and we sat in a nice little corner looking out towards the water. I really enjoyed meeting all of the characters without a line!! After breakfast we went for round two of Magic Kingdom. As soon as we entered the park Snow White passed in front of us and waved and I started to tear up lol I think Megan was in shock ! On our way to Space Mountain we saw the talking trashcan so we stopped and watched for a while. It was so cute and we were cracking up laughing. Now last time I was there Space Mountain was being refurbished so I had no idea what to expect. Oh my was I surprised. I started it off with a smile and about half way through I thought I was going to die! I made Megan sit in front of me that way if she got scared I could put my hand on her shoulder or something so she would know I was close but I couldn't blink my eyes much less let go of the seat to calm her down. She started screaming "III'MMM SSSCCCAARREEDD" and I was screaming back "MEEEE TOOOO" lol When we got off of the ride we were both shaking lol We rode a few more rides then we headed back to the resort to get ready for our late lunch/ early dinner. We met up with some of our family from Florida at Planet Hollywood. The food there was amazing as always. So after dinner we headed back to MK. We rode a few more rides and tried to soak everything up. My mom and sister were so overwhelmed. That night we watched the Main Street Electrical Parade. We all loved it! After that we rode a few more rides. We went on Splash Mountain and when we were at the top we saw the fireworks show. That was pretty magical for us. We called it a night after that to get ready for day 3.

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc00372.jpg
dsc00372.jpg1.96 MB
dsc00378.jpg
dsc00378.jpg1.6 MB
dsc00374.jpg
dsc00374.jpg1.46 MB

~~~Nicole~~~

nikkirugby13's picture

Your first two days sound like so much fun!! Can't wait to ready about the rest of your trip!!!

nsaunier's picture

Day 3: My mom wasn't feeling well in the morning so me and Megan went to Hollywood Studios by ourselves. The first thing we did was ride Rock'n Rollercoaster. RR is one of my favorite rides. Megan...not so much. My head was bouncing around so much when the ride was over my pony tail went from on the top of my head to barely hanging on. Megan said "that was awesome" so I asked her if she wanted to ride it again and before I could finish the question she said "NO" My mom started feeling better so she met us in the park just in time for the 3 o'clock Pixar countdown to fun parade. That was my favorite parade. I got us lost a lot in that park a lot lol So most of our time was just wondering around trying to figure out where we were. We would ride whatever we stumbled upon. For dinner we ate at the 50's Prime Time Cafe' and LOVED it! It was so funny and the food was really good. I would eat there every night of our vacation if I could. After dinner we did a little shopping in the park then we watched Fantasmic. It was my first time seeing it and I really enjoyed it. Once that was over we followed the crowd out.

~~~Nicole~~~

JoAnn C's picture

love the matching shirts

looking forward to reading more

nsaunier's picture

Day 4: We started the day off in Epcot. The first thing we did was head for Soarin. I love that one and so did Megan but my mom didn't care for it too much. After that we went see Turtle talk with Crush which I think is probably the best thing in Epcot. I could sit in there all day! I laughed and laughed and laughed!! We headed to world showcase where we met Belle, Jasmine & Aladdin, Alice, and Mary Poppins. We really enjoyed meeting all of them. The little girl ahead of us was probably 2 and when she started talking to Belle I started with the waterworks lol I'm so soft hearted and I love seeing good things happen to people and to see that little girl be in awe of Belle just made my heart melt. I love Disney for making dreams come true!! We pretty much just roamed around and enjoyed our day. It seemed so peaceful. For dinner we went back to Planet Hollywood (because we LOVE it) and oh my was is good!! After dinner we tried to get all of our shopping done in DD then we called it a night.

~~~Nicole~~~