Mele Kalikimaka WDW Adventure 2015 - COMPLETED

Login to post comments
257 posts / 0 new
juneau biscuits's picture

After exiting Expedition, we did a bit of shopping in the area. Thanks to my constant photo taking obsession, I rarely had a chance to shop, let alone buy anything. I did find a pull over long sleeved jacket with some cool Expedition Everest patches. It cost around $60.00 and already has a small hole on one of the sleeves...LOL! I asked Sue if she could sew it, and she said to throw it out...YIKES! We had an hour or so before our Festival of the Lion King fast passes, so we decided to check out more of the shops and Christmas decorations. Again, I really think the unique African designs and colors added a zing to the holiday trappings that can't be found anywhere else.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Portraits 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Portraits 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom 14 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Island Mercantile 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Island Mercantile 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Island Mercantile 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom 15 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom 19 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom 27 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Our stomachs began growling as much as the Bengal tigers there, so we began hunting down food. Sue found a cart that sold these teri-beef sliders. It was the size of a small doughnut and cost five bucks, but it was amazingly tasty. We went right back and ordered another along with some type of noodles. The noodles, unfortunately, were rather tasteless. Or maybe the slider just spoiled my palette with its awesomeness....

Disney's Animal Kingdom Drink Wallah Sign by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Cast Member Serves Up Refreshments @ Disney's Animal Kingdom by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Sliders & Noodles @ Disney's Animal Kingdom by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

After lunch, we made our way to the Harambe Theater in order to secure good seats for the show. Sue made a stop at one of the kiosks to try out her first official Disney hat at WDW (another pic for the "Mad Suehatter" album). I think it's suppose to be a Yeti cap, although my wife is posing more like a deranged rabbit.

The Mad SueHatter 05 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Festival of the Lion King turns out to be a spectacular show with world class staging, costumes, props, and musical talent. I remember attending the much ballyhooed stage production when it came to Hawaii several years ago. I found that show a big disappointment as it felt like a scene for scene rehash of the film. This production is totally different with a nice mix of new and classic material. There was one particular actor dressed as a monkey (I think) who totally caught my eye. His facial expressions were comical and entertaining. Even when he wasn't in the spotlight, the guy kept putting out an energetic performance that kept me smiling. The theater itself is not too small, not too big...a perfect stage for this marvelous show.

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 06 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 07 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 04 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 11 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 09 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 05 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 12 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 14 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cast of the Festival of the Lion King 08 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

I didn't realize there was an issue with the Yeti. I think the only thing I've ever seen was a silhouette so I guess I assumed that was it. What else is there supposed to be?

TinkASL wrote:
I didn't realize there was an issue with the Yeti. I think the only thing I've ever seen was a silhouette so I guess I assumed that was it. What else is there supposed to be?

Well, the story I heard is that they put a huge amount of time and money into making the Yeti. There's a documentary you can watch on YouTube that shows the creation of Expedition Everest and is quite interesting.

The Yeti used to move around and swing it's arm down at the train. But, it is so big and heavy that the motion of it was causing issues with the foundation of the mountain. In order to fix it, they'd have to tear the top of the mountain off to get proper access to it. In the end, they decided not to do anything. That's my understanding anyway.

Vettelover's picture

That in a nutshell is my understanding of the situation as well.

Betty is there but just fixed along with the silhouette which is animated. Doesn't Matt to me fixed or moving still one of the best rides going

Vettelover's picture

You really should tell Betty to get out of there, because that space is reserved for the Yeti. laugh
Don't you just love spell checkers sometimes? silly

Actually it was deliberate as she is affectionately known as Betty!

Allie's picture

Loved your Festival of the Lion King photos!

Sally-Ann wrote:
Actually it was deliberate as she is affectionately known as Betty!

Betty the Yeti for the win!

Allie wrote:
Loved your Festival of the Lion King photos!

It was a great show Allie!

We started slowly making out way back to the park entrance, even though we had barely scratched the surface of AK. Our plan was to check out Kidani Village and the Animal Kingdom main resort since we were in the general vicinity. Although we had snacked on sliders, lunch at Sanaa was also on the agenda.

Sue and I did manage to do two meet and greets before leaving the park. The first was with Pocahontas. My wife jokingly told me she'd allow me to take photos with a hot Indian princess...LOL! As an added bonus Ratcliffe showed up just as were finished up with the main character!

Pocahontas Meet & Greet @ Disney's Animal Kingdom 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Pocahontas Meet & Greet @ Disney's Animal Kingdom 04 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Governor Ratcliffe @ Pocahontas Meet & Greet 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Our next stop was the clubhouse of Dug and Russell! Let me tell you, UP is probably my favorite Pixar film (along with Monster Inc). The 1st 10 minutes of that animated gem has more emotional impact than most movies have in their entire 2 hour run. We're dog lovers so Dug immediately won our hearts. And Russell..LOL...a lot of young Japanese boys in Hawaii are exactly like him! I swear...I grew up with kids like Russell! He was my avatar on My Disney Experiences, so getting a chance to have a picture with him was too much fun!

Dug's Collar Kiosk @ Disney's Animal Kingdom by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Dug, Sue, Len, & Russell by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

After reluctantly leaving AK, the first stop was Kidani Village. Not totally sure if this resort area is strictly for DVC members, but if it is, I would seriously look into purchasing after market points to stay here. This was the most relaxing and least crowded hotel on Disney property that visited. Part of it could be due to the time...a little after lunch...placing most of the guests at the parks. The lobby is much smaller and more intimate than the bigger Jambo House lobby at the main hotel. The overall ambience really put us in a relaxed mode which allowed us to take our time soaking in the atmosphere.

Christmas Garland @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village Lobby by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village Lobby 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village Lobby 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Christmas Wreath @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

With the stellar reviews that all the AK restaurants receive from guests, it was tough choosing a place. We settled on Sanaa due partly to its location and the amazing African art embellishing the restaurant.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Sanaa Interior 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Sue @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Sanaa Reservation Desk 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Sanaa Interior 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Sanaa Interior 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Another reason was a recommendation from our friend to give the Indian-style bread a try! I can't remember what three breads or which sauces we choose, but everything was ono (delicious in Hawaiian). Paired with a glass of wine and the relaxed atmosphere (there was one other group in the restaurant besides Sue and I), I daresay this was the most leisurely and longest dining experience during our entire vacation!

Bread & Wine @ Sanaa in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

African Breads & Dipping Sauces @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Sanaa by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

After literally stuffing ourselves with bread, we moseyed (not sure if that is a real word) on over to the Jambo Main House. We had stayed here a couple of nights back in 2004, so I was looking forward to seeing it again. Not much has changed...still as breathtakingly beautiful as ever. I told Sue if we ever return, we'll have to stay a couple of nights. This is our 2nd favorite Disney resort after The Wilderness Lodge. Again, the African theming and application of the culture and arts really imbues the resort with a strong sense of heritage and class.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Main Lobby 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Main Lobby 04 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Main Lobby 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Front Desk @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Prestige Gown (worn only by males of the king) Display @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Victoria Falls Lounge @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Map Signage @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Zawadi Marketplace @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Zawadi Marketplace @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Zawadi Marketplace @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Zawadi Marketplace @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 04 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

It was late afternoon by the time we headed to the bus depot. I'm not sure if I took this pic here, but I love how even the soda machines are appropriately themed to the resort/park. The graphic design is simple and eye catching, but it reinforces the immersive experience.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Beverage Dispenser by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Sue and I checked out of AOA and moved on to our next resort...The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. I wouldn't advise booking this place, unless you have children or are sharing the room with another couple. Being as it was only Sue and I, it turned out to be an expensive one night stay. Regardless of the cost, it's a place I wanted to experience at least once in my life...LOL! The bus ride was fine...it was when we got dropped off that the confusion began. We had a hard time finding the front desk office and had to ask several resort guests which direction to head (the sun had set, so it was getting dark). We had a sleigh ride booked in less than an hour after arriving to the campgrounds, so we needed to get settled fairly quick. When we called the operator for information, she said we needed to take another bus to get to the sleigh ride! I could not believe it and asked to speak to a supervisor. Short story long, we eventually found the check in counter. The cast member, assigned to drive us to our cabin, kindly waited while we dropped off our bags so she could drive us to the sleigh ride location! Sue and I waited a few minutes until our driver pulled up in the sleigh. From there, our personable guide drove us around the property where we got to see the Christmas decorations put up by the various campers. Being from an island, the ideal of driving cross country and spending the holidays at a campground is almost surreal. But also totally cool...I would jump at the chance to do it one day. Unfortunately, I have no photos of us in the sleigh as the person taking the photos did not focus (not his fault, my camera's focus button is on the back, not on the top). I took some of the campers' decorations, but nothing that came out half way decent. My reading audience (if any) will have to make due with photos of the restaurant and surrounding areas. Oh yeah, we got a "free" commemorative pin which I had to sign for...so at least I can post a pic of it.

Tri-Circle-D Ranch @ Disney's Fort Wilderness 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Tri-Circle-D Ranch @ Disney's Fort Wilderness 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Crockett's Tavern by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Meadow Trading Post @ DIsney's Fort Wilderness Resort by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Holiday Sleigh Rides Signage by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Holiday Sleigh Ride 2015 Pin @ Disneys's Tri-Circle-D Ranch by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Here is another of those perfectly themed soda vending machines throughout WDW. Disney's attention to detail is legendary and these coin gobblers prove that point perfectly. Check out the graphics on this machine at Fort Wilderness:

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Cold Beverage Dispenser by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

I took a couple of more, but I wish I had been more serious about photographing all the different designs throughout the parks.

After the sleigh ride, we picked up some grub from the Trail's End restaurant which was mediocre at best. The cast member at the register was a bit gruff taking our orders, so that didn't help. Back at the cabin, we ate our late dinner and unwound by watching...the Disney channel..LOL! While I would never stay here again (due to the cost and there being only two of us), I have to say the cabin room was fantastic! Tons of room, kitchen, living room, and that rustic touch that's dear to my heart!

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Interior 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Interior 04 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Interior 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

In the morning, we did our obligatory exterior photos and passed on breakfast, wanting to save our appetites for Epcot!

Good Morning from Sue @ The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Check Out Morning @ The Cabins @ Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

As the sun slowly rose, coloring the morning sky in hues of orange and yellow, we began our hike through wooded mountains and deep, blue lakes...anxious to make our way to the magical land know as Epcot. Okay, not really, we hopped onto a bus like a million other guests and daydreamed about coffee and a pastry.

Epcot! My wife's favorite park (although surprisingly, Hollywood Studios gave it a run for its money), and quite possibly, mine too. Buyer beware, we spent almost zero time in the lands, and pretty much hung out in World Showcase. Nothing against the other areas, but we love everything about WS and the assorted countries. Time is again the culprit, not enough of it. The first thing we did was head straight to Starbucks for our fix of caffeine and to also pick up one of the park exclusive mugs. We already have two Butter Beer and two Cabana Bay Resort mugs, so hey, gotta add to our illogical cup collection. Although I must admit, the purchasing of the four Starbucks mugs was my idea. Sue is great, a total non-collector. Me? I've had collector issues since I was a child. My Olszewski Disneyland collection is a small testament to my craziness...

Olszewski Disneyland Main Street Collection 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Olszewski Disneyland Main Street Collection 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

And for the record, here is the Epcot mug...

Epcot Coffee Mug from Starbucks "You Are Here" Collection by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

JMed's picture

I have to agree on the Animal Kingdom Christmas decorations. They were my absolute favorites also. And the music at the resorts??? Amazing!!! I listen to it all the time laugh

https://

One of the main reasons we love Kidani is how intimate it is. We normally see no more than 15-20 people when we are there. After a long crazy day in the parks, it's just what I want and need!

The report is amazing so far, thanks for taking the time to share with us all!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Awe darn! I wish there was a "sleigh ride' picture. I can't wait to go on a carriage ride when we go, even though I own horses and my mini horse drives a carriage, lol. (I have also shamelessly been trail riding at Disney as well). The pin is fantastic!!!! I am a pin collector!
Loving all the pictures and the details! Wilderness is also my favorite Resort, I thought I might enjoy the cabins but after looking at pictures and stuff it is too big for the two of us. Very into the rustic theme though.
I was totally un aware that the Yeti was no longer working. I haven't been on since 2011 and he was working then.
Loving everything about this trip report! Thanks for sharing!

Our fast passes for the day included Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and a Meet Disney Pals Character Spot thingamagigee. I guess you can guess the last one wasn't a big fave of mine. Nothing against Mickey and pals, but not a real big fan of those characters (I do have a soft spot for Donald Duck, but you hardly ever seen the dude around). Turns out that the photo op (here and at the other parks) with Mickey ends up being one of the best things we did...LOL! The process is handled smoothly by CMs and I really dug the studio backgrounds.

Sue & Len @ Epcot's Spaceship Earth 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Thumper & Flower in Disney's Epcot Gardens 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Sue, Mickey, & Len @ Epcot Character Spot 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Test Track was fun as always! Although I do miss the crash test dummies scene, I can see why the "Design Your Car" queue would be real popular with the young crowd.

I love Spaceship Earth and was looking forward to photographing those dark interior scenes. Have to say, the ride is looking a bit aged and is in need of some updates. I don't want them messing with the overall educational emphasis, but I imagine it's a snoozer for a lot of the younger crowds....haha!

Spaceship Earth @ Disney's Epcot 00 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spaceship Earth @ Disney's Epcot 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spaceship Earth @ Disney's Epcot 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spaceship Earth @ Disney's Epcot 06 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spaceship Earth @ Disney's Epcot 09 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spaceship Earth @ Disney's Epcot 08 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

JMed wrote:
I have to agree on the Animal Kingdom Christmas decorations. They were my absolute favorites also. And the music at the resorts??? Amazing!!! I listen to it all the time laugh

One of the main reasons we love Kidani is how intimate it is. We normally see no more than 15-20 people when we are there. After a long crazy day in the parks, it's just what I want and need!

The report is amazing so far, thanks for taking the time to share with us all!

Love the music....thanks for the link JMed! Totally agree about Kidani, I didn't even feel like I was at a Disney resort in some ways.

Glad you are enjoying the report...and thank you for your interest!

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
Awe darn! I wish there was a "sleigh ride' picture. I can't wait to go on a carriage ride when we go, even though I own horses and my mini horse drives a carriage, lol. (I have also shamelessly been trail riding at Disney as well). The pin is fantastic!!!! I am a pin collector!
Loving all the pictures and the details! Wilderness is also my favorite Resort, I thought I might enjoy the cabins but after looking at pictures and stuff it is too big for the two of us. Very into the rustic theme though.
I was totally un aware that the Yeti was no longer working. I haven't been on since 2011 and he was working then.

I'll dig up one of those sleigh ride photos and post it for you FutureMrsHurst (love your handle)! Awesome about your mini horse and carriage...that must be super fun.

Feel exactly the same way you do about the cabins. Definitely a good choice for a bigger group, but not as much for couples. I'm a life long collector, but I've somehow avoided pins (which maybe a good thing knowing me and my obsessive nature). It will be a while into the report, but our last stay was at Wilderness Lodge which I shot at 3:30 in the morning... laugh

As a side note, we have a house in Waimea on the Big Island of Hawaii and it is in the heart of Parker Ranch land (the biggest privately owned ranch in the USA). Thought you might like some of these photos of horses and surrounding area...

Standard Horse In Waimea Field Shot-3 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Parker Ranch Headquarters 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Parker Ranch Headquarters 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Christmas in Waimea 2014 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

We interrupt this trip report for our Sunday comic strip from Len & Dennis...

Lil' Keiki #3 Inside Front Cover by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

As mentioned in the Universal portion of this TR, Sue always gets a kick out of trying on hats. Now, she hasn't ever actually purchased one (and probably never will), but for that one brief moment in the shop, my wife is the Mad Hatter supreme! I'm actually quite reluctant to try on hats nowadays since someone told me about the high possibility of catching head lice. In Hawaii, we call these little buggers "ukus". I told Sue that story and she's thinking about bringing a shower cap to Disneyland in July...LOL! I told her if she's gutsy enough to put the cap on in shop, I'll buy her a dozen hats! Being that WDW is massive, Sue found quite a bit of head wear to model on her head. I even created a special Flickr album called "The Mad Suehatter".
We're already planning what stores to hit in Anaheim so we can add pics to her album collection. These particular Star Wars hats were found at one of the shops near the beginning of World Showcase...

The Mad SueHatter 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Mad SueHatter 09 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Mad SueHatter 08 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Mad SueHatter 11 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Mad SueHatter 13 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Who says you can't have some FREE fun at Disney...LOL! Of course, lice treatment can be expensive, so scratch my prior comment.

I wanted to head to good old USA to watch The American Adventure and listen to the Voices of Liberty perform holiday carols. That building always takes my breath away when entering and regret not using my fish eye lens to take some shots, but that was about par for the course. Once the audience had settled in, Voices of Liberty gave an amazing performance that brought tears to my eyes. Okay, maybe I'm being melodramatic, but their singing was sensational!

The American Adventure Stage @ Epcot by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Voices of Liberty @ EPCOT's World Showcase 04 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Voices of Liberty @ EPCOT's World Showcase 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Voices of Liberty @ EPCOT's World Showcase 05 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Voices of Liberty @ EPCOT's World Showcase 07 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Voices of Liberty @ EPCOT's World Showcase 06 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The Voices of Liberty @ EPCOT's World Showcase 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Once the performance finished, everyone made their way into the theater for "The American Adventure". The inside of the theater falls in line with the rest of the building...an impeccable combination of architectural design and creative energy! I think I might be more fascinated with the statues representing the qualities of what made America great. The show itself is both informative and visually amazing, but I wonder how much longer these types of attractions will continue to reside at Disney parks. Shows like this, Lincoln, and Carousel of Progress are becoming increasingly archaic and uninteresting to today's generation raised up on video games, blockbuster movies, and the internet. Smart phones seem to get more attention in the few minutes before the start of the show than the attraction itself. Change is inevitable, and Walt Disney embraced this fact of life, but I wonder if he would have been a little sad at the passing of these type of shows.

Show Entrance @ Epcot's The American Adventure by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure Theater @ Epcot by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure Theater @ Epcot 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure @ EPCOT's World Showcase 06 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Revolutionary Soldiers @ Epcot's The American Adventure by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure @ EPCOT's World Showcase 08 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure @ EPCOT's World Showcase 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure @ EPCOT's World Showcase 01 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure @ EPCOT's World Showcase 09 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

I really regret not taking photos of all the Spirit statues. I also should have included the bases with the corresponding descriptions. Another bone headed mistake that came back to bite me!

Spirit of Individualism @ Epcot's The American Adventure by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spirit of Heritage @ Epcot's The American Adventure by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Spirit of Independence @ Epcot's The American Adventure by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

The American Adventure Theater @ Epco2 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

juneau biscuits wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:

I'll dig up one of those sleigh ride photos and post it for you FutureMrsHurst (love your handle)! Awesome about your mini horse and carriage...that must be super fun.

Feel exactly the same way you do about the cabins. Definitely a good choice for a bigger group, but not as much for couples. I'm a life long collector, but I've somehow avoided pins (which maybe a good thing knowing me and my obsessive nature). It will be a while into the report, but our last stay was at Wilderness Lodge which I shot at 3:30 in the morning... laugh

As a side note, we have a house in Waimea on the Big Island of Hawaii and it is in the heart of Parker Ranch land (the biggest privately owned ranch in the USA). Thought you might like some of these photos of horses and surrounding area...

juneau biscuits wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:

Good you skipped the pins! I am an addict! I have so many I need more room for them! I hung my Haunted Mansion ones in a Shadowbox to hang on the wall and then my mom returned from a trip in May and I need another shadow box....lol. I have a huge bag full as well as a book full and have bags that still don't have any where to go. So needless to say I will be getting more storage for them on my trip in September.

She is super adorable. She is in training right now for carriage, I don't have any pictures of that, but I will include one of her.

Those pictures are amazing! So beautiful. I imagine having horses there is very costly! I don't imagine there is grain mills or anything and it would have to be shipped in! I have heard something about wild horses there as well. Love the babies! My neighbor just had a foal born and he is so...cute been over there the past two night cuddling with him! clapping

PreviewAttachmentSize
dixie.jpg
dixie.jpg121.48 KB
dixie2.jpg
dixie2.jpg114.4 KB

juneau biscuits wrote:
Who says you can't have some FREE fun at Disney...LOL! Of course, lice treatment can be expensive, so scratch my prior comment.

I had one year where I had a student who had head lice once a month. While I quickly learned not to freak out about it (I never got it nor did any of my other students) I became very aware of it and took some precautions. I now WILL NOT put hats on my head, even when they're fun and they call "try me on....". And if I buy a hat I inspect it beyond thoroughly as I became VERY familiar with what it all looked like. My DH now thinks I'm nuts but it taught me that some people really don't care if they have it, it's normal for them and they will try those hats on without any care in the world.

Also, I NEVER knew about the American Spirit show at Epcot! We always seem to pass by America and foolishly assumed it wasn't anything grand. Lesson learned and thanks for teaching me! Smile

TinkASL wrote:
juneau biscuits wrote:

I had one year where I had a student who had head lice once a month. While I quickly learned not to freak out about it (I never got it nor did any of my other students) I became very aware of it and took some precautions. I now WILL NOT put hats on my head, even when they're fun and they call "try me on....". And if I buy a hat I inspect it beyond thoroughly as I became VERY familiar with what it all looked like. My DH now thinks I'm nuts but it taught me that some people really don't care if they have it, it's normal for them and they will try those hats on without any care in the world.

Also, I NEVER knew about the American Spirit show at Epcot! We always seem to pass by America and foolishly assumed it wasn't anything grand. Lesson learned and thanks for teaching me! Smile

The American Spirit show is awesome, I haven't done it since 2011, we are usually limited with time so hardly get to see shows. But it is definitely worth seeing at least once! I am also a huge History buff so I love that kind of stuff!

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
juneau biscuits wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:

juneau biscuits wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:

Good you skipped the pins! I am an addict! I have so many I need more room for them! I hung my Haunted Mansion ones in a Shadowbox to hang on the wall and then my mom returned from a trip in May and I need another shadow box....lol. I have a huge bag full as well as a book full and have bags that still don't have any where to go. So needless to say I will be getting more storage for them on my trip in September.

She is super adorable. She is in training right now for carriage, I don't have any pictures of that, but I will include one of her.

Those pictures are amazing! So beautiful. I imagine having horses there is very costly! I don't imagine there is grain mills or anything and it would have to be shipped in! I have heard something about wild horses there as well. Love the babies! My neighbor just had a foal born and he is so...cute been over there the past two night cuddling with him! clapping

I am a big time collector so I feel your pain. I'm just getting to the point that if I can't display it, I'll part ways. Tired of having a closet full of boxes... laugh

Is Dixie your horse or is that the new born foal? Either way, a very beautiful animal! I'm pretty sure grain is shipped in to Hawaii as most things. I think we even import pineapple now!