Member spotlight- Jessi5989*****

Login to post comments
61 posts / 0 new
Jess's picture

now you say you used to be a pagent queen....were you a brat like some of those little girls on toddlers and tiaras...lol

ChipnDaleFan's picture

That story about dueling dragons is awesome! I am definitely looking for those hidden mickeys next time! I hope you enjoy the new job! Looking forward to hearing about it!

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Jessi5989's picture

Jess wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:
Oh, and I got a call today from the guy who hired me and said that the position at Magic Kingdom wasn't available anymore (I don't know why!) but I'm still getting a job full time in attractions at HS in the Icon Attractions area which includes the Muppets, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, and Star Tours. ...so I'll have to let you guys know where I end up once I find out!

How do you feel about this? Which job would you have rather had?

Well, I knew that working Main Street Operations meant that I would be working alot of early morning shifts and working turnstiles alllllll day, so I'm kinda excited to not have to work super early shifts. I just need to find out where they're actually putting me in HS before I get excited. But at least 3 out of the 4 of these are indoors!

Jessi5989's picture

Jess wrote:
now you say you used to be a pagent queen....were you a brat like some of those little girls on toddlers and tiaras...lol

EXACTLY like that! ...no I'm kidding. but I got talked into doing a pageant with my best friend my senior year of high school. It was my very first one (and very last) but it was alot of fun. I just felt so bad in the end when I beat her because she begged me to do it with her. but doing the pageant and all of the appearances afterwards was really rewarding. I met some awesome people and gained some great public speaking skills. I once had to speak in front of 5,000 people for our town's 4th of July celebration. Yikes!!

Jess's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
Jess wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:
Oh, and I got a call today from the guy who hired me and said that the position at Magic Kingdom wasn't available anymore (I don't know why!) but I'm still getting a job full time in attractions at HS in the Icon Attractions area which includes the Muppets, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, and Star Tours. ...so I'll have to let you guys know where I end up once I find out!

How do you feel about this? Which job would you have rather had?

Well, I knew that working Main Street Operations meant that I would be working alot of early morning shifts and working turnstiles alllllll day, so I'm kinda excited to not have to work super early shifts. I just need to find out where they're actually putting me in HS before I get excited. But at least 3 out of the 4 of these are indoors!

Which of those rides would you prefer to be on....I think the great movie ride would be the most fun because of the "acting" that you get to do

Jessi5989's picture

I'm kinda hoping I get Great Movie Ride. I love that ride and sometimes I would get to be the gangster or the cowgirl!

but I also love the Muppets, I just don't think there would be a ton of things to do on that ride.

and I've never seen Star Wars eek so I don't know anything about Star Tours. I've rode it a bunch, but I don't know who the characters are and stuff.

and I've never watched the Indiana Jones show. again, eek

Jess's picture

Why is Alice your favorite character and Aurora your favorite princess?

Jessi5989's picture

Jess wrote:
Why is Alice your favorite character and Aurora your favorite princess?

When I worked for Disney before I had bright blonde hair and everyone used to tell me that I looked just like Alice. And the obsession started from there.

And I love Aurora because Sleeping Beauty likes to SLEEP! ...just like me!

Kristen K.'s picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
And I love Aurora because Sleeping Beauty likes to SLEEP! ...just like me!

LoL... well there's an interesting philosophical question. Does Sleeping Beauty actually enjoy sleeping? Did she get a good night's rest? After all, it was a curse. wink

I love Aurora, she's one of my favorite too!

Jessi5989's picture

Found out where I'll be working! Star Tours! ...this should be interesting as I don't know anything about Star Wars!

But I did my Traditions class yesterday, which is where you learn all about Disney and the company and the history.
And today I had my class all about Hollywood Studios.
And I start actually training at Star Tours Tuesday!

finngirl's picture

That is my favourite ride in HS! Next time we go, I will look for you. awesome

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Jessi5989's picture

finngirl wrote:
That is my favourite ride in HS! Next time we go, I will look for you. awesome

YAY! yay yay yay yay

Jess's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
Found out where I'll be working! Star Tours! ...this should be interesting as I don't know anything about Star Wars!

But I did my Traditions class yesterday, which is where you learn all about Disney and the company and the history.

At least you get to be inside Smile

Jessi5989's picture

Jess wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:

At least you get to be inside Smile

EXACTLY!

Mase's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:

I guess you got this weekend to watch all 6 movies at least! Have any questions... hit me up! lol

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

JoAnn C's picture

I haven't been on Star Tours yet. It was closed in 2010 while I was there. Last year, the timing wasn't right and I never made it over there. I'll definately go this year.

Jessi5989's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I haven't been on Star Tours yet. It was closed in 2010 while I was there. Last year, the timing wasn't right and I never made it over there. I'll definately go this year.

You'll have to come see!

JoAnn C's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

You'll have to come see!

Absolutely!

twilightsparrow's picture

Congratulations @Jessi5989...I think I would be one of those that would love working for Disney. Last time we went to DHS Star Tours was closed so we are super excited to go on the ride this year. I hope to see you there Smile

AKV-Kidani 8/2013 ~ PORS 11/2012 ~ CBR 11/2010 ~ CBR 5/2010

OUR DVC HOME: SSR

MrHub's picture

Nice score Jessi! awesome

dontthrowsand's picture

I promise to not be the weird Girl babbling in multiple languages about the Internet while I wait in line

DisneyDee27's picture

Awesome awesome
I'll look for you in October and/or December
Dee

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Jessi5989's picture

YAY! yay yay yay

I can't wait to meet everyone from here! And you guys can get pictures with me in my dorky costume! laugh

petriedish's picture

My fiance and I are huge star wars fans (we are 80s kids so we grew up on it)...we went in 2010 and were super bummed star tours was closed....see you there in September! We will be the star wars geeks smiling ear to ear

Jess's picture

We always ride it several times...usually in a row...can't wait to meet you in November Smile

Jessi5989's picture

petriedish wrote:
My fiance and I are huge star wars fans (we are 80s kids so we grew up on it)...we went in 2010 and were super bummed star tours was closed....see you there in September! We will be the star wars geeks smiling ear to ear

I'll have to make sure you guys get the front row then. biggrin

Jess wrote:
We always ride it several times...usually in a row...can't wait to meet you in November Smile

...and we'll have to put you guys in the back row. Mase may cause problems on my ride! laugh laugh

Mase's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
petriedish wrote:

Jess wrote:

...and we'll have to put you guys in the back row. Mase may cause problems on my ride! laugh laugh

So thats why ive mostly been in the back row!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

We were there yesterday (Weds the 13th) and rode Star Tours to look for you but didn't see you sad
Next time!

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Jessi5989's picture

Julie wrote:
We were there yesterday (Weds the 13th) and rode Star Tours to look for you but didn't see you sad
Next time!

I'm still training right now, so the chances of you seeing me are pretty slim since I don't stay in any position for more than a few minutes. laugh But next time you come look for me!

Mase wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:
petriedish wrote:

Jess wrote:

So thats why ive mostly been in the back row!

Dude, they all know you, apparently.... rolling

Jessi - that's all just so amazing! I am so excited and happy for you! I love love love your open mind about where you end up and willingness to be flexible and roll with whatever happens. YAY for you!!!! clapping clapping

And I love your eye-patch pic....AAARRRRRRRR!!!