MrHub & Scrappy's 2015 Family Adventure!

Login to post comments
91 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

Mandy wrote:
I'm so glad you stopped by Trolley Car to say hi! I was in my zone when you came by.

Hi Mandy, yeah you looked a little busy. It was funny when I asked if that was you, everyone said no, that's not Mandy, it's Amanda. Hi seeing you though.

MrHub's picture

The Colonel wrote:
I agree with you 100% on BOG breakfast. Apart from getting in the park early, I'd prefer Starbucks.

That is exactly what I said to my wife. "When we leave here, we can hit Starbucks, they have better coffee and sandwiches." What really sucked was the park was already open when we got there at 8am.

MrHub's picture

A "Goofy" morning to everyone from the happiest place on earth!

Do you think Goofy was watching over the Magic Kingdom last night?

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg452.08 KB
MrHub's picture

Last day today. Breakfast at Crystal Palace for the kids to see Pooh and the gang, then I come back to parasail while they do 7DMT and a few other rides.

Robyn, yes the heat is a little intense, but we are coping by coming back for a break most days. Yesterday however we did not. We were in HS all day. Started out with breakfast at, Cape May which was excellent ones again. We took the Freindship boat from there to HS. Lunch we just did a quick small snack at ABC Commisary, not by choice but by necessity. Dinner was at the Brown Derby which was rather spectacular. Our server was Ti Ti and she was awesome. I'll add some pictures when we get home. I'm lucky to even be able to get on here at the moment. The wifi sucks this trip and cell reception is like they are try to block it. AT&T, Verizon, sprint, everyone is complaining.

Kris1971's picture

Have fun parasailing!

Eeyore's picture

Can't wait to see pics! Glad you had fun!

MrHub's picture

Hey all, well we are back home safe & sound!

Spook's picture

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your trip mickey

MrHub's picture

Oh by the way, guess who won a trip to The Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya! Got some messages on Facebook Wednesday, then a phone call from our friends daughter. Said my name was called out on our Oldies channel at home, WOGL 98.1 for the Vacation-A-Day give away. I had an hour to call and had 30 minutes left. Luckily we were back in the room when all this happened.

Mandy's picture

That sounds like a fun upcoming trip! Congratulations!

The Colonel's picture

MrHub wrote:
Oh by the way, guess who won a trip to The Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya! Got some messages on Facebook Wednesday, then a phone call from our friends daughter. Said my name was called out on our Oldies channel at home, WOGL 98.1 for the Vacation-A-Day give away. I had an hour to call and had 30 minutes left. Luckily we were back in the room when all this happened.

Congrats! I'm thinking of going down there April or May next year.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

jtownpluto's picture

Wow, great news about the prize winning trip!

Vettelover's picture

MrHub wrote:

congrats glad you were able to make the return call. awesome clapping

93boomer's picture

Congrats and glad you made it home safely. Can't wait for some good pictures.

Belinda's picture

Awesome win for your and Scrappy!

** BeLiNdA **

BarbaraB's picture

MrHub wrote:

Hey...WOGL 98.1 is my oldies station, too! (But I stopped listening to it when they started playing Billy Joel. Billy Joel is not oldies, dammit!) Where are you guys from? I'm from Levittown, PA. It's about 20 minutes north of Philly.

Congrats on the trip, by the way! And welcome home! Can't wait to read the whole trip report!

~ Barb ~

We live about 20 miles north east of Philly. We live in Blue Bell, which is probably to small to be considered a town. We are close to the King Of Prussia Mall.

BarbaraB's picture

scrappy wrote:
We live about 20 miles north east of Philly. We live in Blue Bell, which is probably to small to be considered a town. We are close to the King Of Prussia Mall.

I know exactly where Blue Bell is. Wow. It really is a Small World after all. (Sorry if that song is now stuck in your head.) I used to be a training manager for Piercing Pagoda, and I've worked in every mall in the Philadelphia area. King of Prussia is my favorite, by far.

Sorry for hijacking your post. We now return you to our regularly scheduled trip report. biggrin

~ Barb ~

MrHub's picture

Here is a link to Our Photopass Slide show if you would like to check it out. We didn't get the use out of the Memory Maker like I thought we would, it was just to damn hot and we were always in a rush with this big of a group. We use it much more when it's just the two of us.

Spook's picture

MrHub wrote:
Here is a link to Our Photopass Slide show if you would like to check it out. We didn't get the use out of the Memory Maker like I thought we would, it was just to damn hot and we were always in a rush with this big of a group. We use it much more when it's just the two of us.

Thread high jack part 2 laugh
Do you think it was more of you being with such a big group that you didn't use it as much more so than the heat? The reason I ask is because we are thinking about getting memory maker for our September trip and I'm alittle worried about the heat Puzzled

MrHub's picture

Spook wrote:
MrHub wrote:

Thread high jack part 2 laugh
Do you think it was more of you being with such a big group that you didn't use it as much more so than the heat? The reason I ask is because we are thinking about getting memory maker for our September trip and I'm alittle worried about the heat Puzzled

Spook, it was a little of both I think. When its just me and Scrappy, I just stop and wait to get the picture taken. With the group, and kids in strollers, they wanted the kids out of the strollers then they wouldn't all be looking at the camera at the same time, some just wouldn't look at all. when we broke up into smaller groups, it got used, you can see that from the slide show probably.

Allie's picture

It looks like you got a lot of pictures to me! The Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ones are among my favorites! Scrappy with your granddaughter is adorable and MrHub manning two guns? Hilarious! laugh

MrHub's picture

Oh oh! off topic, my Orange Bird shirt came today! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
win_20150624_144114.jpg
win_20150624_144114.jpg401.18 KB
MrHub's picture

Allie wrote:
It looks like you got a lot of pictures to me! The Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ones are among my favorites! Scrappy with your granddaughter is adorable and MrHub manning two guns? Hilarious! laugh

But, you have to take in the fact that, anytime there was a ride picture taken automatically and there was more then 1 person with a magicband in the same vehicle, it would take multiple of the same picture.

disneydoc's picture

congrats on your trip win, and I LOVE the Orange Bird shirt? Where did that come from in case I missed it before? Catching up on your photos now. And it is brutal in the summer at WDW - kinda glad I went late May/early June instead.

But now I am summering in Valdosta GA with Governer's Honors and it is even hotter than Orlando here in the middle of "north Florida!" Whew! biggrin

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture

DisneyDee27's picture

Awesome pics! muchlove

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

EmFord's picture

MrHub wrote:

OMG I listen for the vacation a day give away all the time!! Congrats on winning. I always wonder how that must feel. What a great treat to receive on vacation congrats

MrHub's picture

EmFord wrote:
MrHub wrote:

OMG I listen for the vacation a day give away all the time!! Congrats on winning. I always wonder how that must feel. What a great treat to receive on vacation congrats

You still have to pay taxes, so when its all said and done, its not free. For two people taxes are around $700 to $850.

EmFord's picture

MrHub wrote:
EmFord wrote:
MrHub wrote:

You still have to pay taxes, so when its all said and done, its not free. For two people taxes are around $700 to $850.

ooohhhh there's always a catch! Still an awesome thing to have happen. I'm sure it will be worth it.