My Advice On The Bags You Bring Into The Parks

Login to post comments
53 posts / 0 new
jw24's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2013
Posts: 999

For me, stuffing so much stuff in pockets makes it really uncomfortable for me and possibly having to search through so many different pockets may be time wasting in my book. Plus I am a bit paranoid about pick-pocketing. Although I think how much stuff you bring to the parks plays a role in determining whether to take a bag or not. If it's just a park map and whatever you have to hold your money with, then a bag may not be required. But if you're bringing more items like a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, snacks, etc, then you'll need a bag of some sort.

__________________

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

jw24 wrote:
For me, stuffing so much stuff in pockets makes it really uncomfortable for me and possibly having to search through so many different pockets may be time wasting in my book. Plus I am a bit paranoid about pick-pocketing. Although I think how much stuff you bring to the parks plays a role in determining whether to take a bag or not. If it's just a park map and whatever you have to hold your money with, then a bag may not be required. But if you're bringing more items like a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, snacks, etc, then you'll need a bag of some sort.

No park map - I know those parks. For me it's a little cash (not much since we charge most things to our room), a few cards (ID, credit, and health insurance cards), a couple of eyeglass cleaning wipes because I hate dirty eyeglasses, cell phone, and a tiny little scrap of paper on which the day's plans are printed (1/8th of a page). That's it for the pockets. My Magic Band on the wrist means I don't have to carry park pass or room key. I also carry a tiny little camera in a case attached to my belt and under my shirt, although I can stuff it in a pocket long enough to get through the no-bags line.

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

We just carry one of those drawsting backpacks. In it we will carry things like our sunglass when we dont need them, sunscreen, ponchos, some moleskin and bandaids, and a water bottle. DH and I alternate who carries it through the day.

__________________

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

between me and my mam we always used to take a shoulder bag each but then I discovered a backpack!!! now as much as I don't like carrying a bag my backpack doesn't bother me - its not huge but its not mini either and we usually manage to put resort mugs, sun cream, hidden mickeys book, extra maps to bring home and a lot more!

then again I like to take the kitchen sink with me incase I need it!!!!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5447

We can't survive without sunscreen and a water bottle in the parks so we have to take a backpack even with the magic bands. It's pretty light though as we don't put a ton in it and DH is willing to carry it so it's no sweat off my back! biggrin

sputnik's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/10/2014
Posts: 49

7 days 'till our "double birthday trip". kids have been told that they must carry their own junk this time, and with transitionary November weather, bags will be a necessity. My bag: Chrome Vega. Water resistant & practically indestructible with a single main compartment for a speedy bag-check. Inside: NorthFace packable rain shell, reading glasses, camelbak filtered water bottle, and the wife's umbrella. plenty of room left over what what ever we pick up during the day.

CdnSquirrel's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/12/2013
Posts: 365

I'm really hoping to not carry a bag if I can. Cargo pants and a neck pouch should be enough.

PJsLife's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/08/2014
Posts: 314

RobynPrincess wrote:
My advice is make your hubby carry the bag and waltz through the no bag line and take it easy Wink

This!

Offline
Joined: 10/28/2014
Posts: 80

A few year back, I took the "cargo pants" recommendation for park-going and it revolutionized my life for a theme park experience. awesome

This is especially important for *gasp* non-Disney amusement parks that are more roller-coaster and ride intensive and require folks to use lockers to ride the roller-coasters.

I've found a number of shorts and 3/4 length in cargo pants style with buttoned or zippered pockets, which fit extra cash, travel-size sunscreen, lip-gloss, and the small point and shoot camera.

For Disney though, I still go to the parks with a small drawstring backpack for my "good" camera, and at least one bottle of water (which I freeze in the mini-fridge the night before) to keep it cold longer during the day, and for my sunglasses or baseball cap when not in use.

If I have a longer stay at Disney - I've also learned to "pick my photography days" In other words, I'll choose one full day of MK to take my big camera, but if I go back to MK for a second time just to ride Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain at night, I'll go sans bag and I'll just take my point and shoot that fits in my pocket for emergency shots... but leave my good camera in the room. mickey

PJsLife's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/08/2014
Posts: 314

Allie wrote:
We can't survive without sunscreen and a water bottle in the parks so we have to take a backpack even with the magic bands. It's pretty light though as we don't put a ton in it and DH is willing to carry it so it's no sweat off my back! biggrin

We take a small back pack that the husband carries and I have a small cross body bag that I use. I have to take epi pens and meds because of food allergies (rarely needed but a must carry). plus I carry my phone and sunglasses at least. I am "One of THOSE People" who check in on facebook at most rides, mostly to please my Mom who likes the blow by blow of my day.

CdnSquirrel's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/12/2013
Posts: 365

A nice woman cam into the the Arts Centre where I work yesterday wearing one of these. I am going to get one of these for our upcoming trip. I do not want to wear a backpack. She says you can fit all sorts of stuff in it.

http://ukoalabag.com/collections/microfiber/products/mf1_adventure

PreviewAttachmentSize
lilyfire-lr-1_grande.jpg
lilyfire-lr-1_grande.jpg77.83 KB
The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

I tried a fanny pack but I couldn't do it. I felt like Todd DiLaMuca.

So I bought a new bag to bring to the park. And you know what my kids said? All together now "Papa's got a brand new bag."

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22323

CdnSquirrel wrote:
A nice woman cam into the the Arts Centre where I work yesterday wearing one of these. I am going to get one of these for our upcoming trip. I do not want to wear a backpack. She says you can fit all sorts of stuff in it.

http://ukoalabag.com/collections/microfiber/products/mf1_adventure

Well that's kinda cute! I bet my daughters would love those.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9418

The Colonel wrote:
I tried a fanny pack but I couldn't do it. I felt like Todd DiLaMuca.

So I bought a new bag to bring to the park. And you know what my kids said? All together now "Papa's got a brand new bag."

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

Right on. I love that. And of course there is the classic, Mama's Got A Brand New Bag...

http://youtu.be/Vj3U1DQurew

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2979

I like the leg bag...reminds me of my tactical holster...
hey! Maybe I could just up-cycle my holster...
I can see the memo now:
Dear Chief, I need a new holster because my old one has become "Disney-fied"..

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4653

Makes perfect sense to me. laugh

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22323

Magic Mirror wrote:

I can see the memo now:
Dear Chief, I need a new holster because my old one has become "Disney-fied"..

rolling

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9418

Magic Mirror wrote:
I like the leg bag...reminds me of my tactical holster...
hey! Maybe I could just up-cycle my holster...
I can see the memo now:
Dear Chief, I need a new holster because my old one has become "Disney-fied"..

Chief: gaah

rolling rolling

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2979

laugh awesome

PJsLife's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/08/2014
Posts: 314

I invested 12 whole dollars in a Bagallini Bag today. I am super stoked to try it.

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2979

We have a couple bagallinis we use for cruising and travel.....we love them awesome