My trip spreadsheet is coming together!

Login to post comments
13 posts / 0 new
carlsbaddrew's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Posts: 156
My trip spreadsheet is coming together!

Woooo! It's Posted below in all it's glory!

Call me crazy, but I like to create these spreadsheets so my wife and I can relax on our trip and avoid doing any research on the fly. The WDW website is kinda slow and annoying to navigate, so I'd rather just compile all the info in advance, and then pick and choose how we want to enjoy our day on the fly. I need to add in a ADR section and maybe a fastpass section, but I have plenty of time!

We are so excited to be back this year! It's our second time as a couple. We had to cancel our WDW trip in 2013 because we were pleasantly surprised with a new baby boy! Now, we are even more desperate for some alone time, as it's been over 3 years since we've gone anywhere alone without the kids. I can't wait! 10 days of bliss!

As always, I'm happy to share the master file if my layout would be helpful for any of you! Feel free to share your own spreadsheets here too. I'd love to get inspired by the rest of you!

__________________

Current Disneyland / CA Adventure pass holder. WDW X4 visits!

figgy's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 819

Congrats and enjoy!

__________________

August 2016 here we come!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

I definitely wouldn't call you crazy, I do the same thing! I already have mine setup for our December trip! awesome Have a fantastic, kid-free getaway! yay

carlsbaddrew's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Posts: 156

Allie wrote:
I definitely wouldn't call you crazy, I do the same thing! I already have mine setup for our December trip! awesome Have a fantastic, kid-free getaway! yay

Thank you! I love the looks we get when we tell our friends were going to WDW alone! Smile

__________________

Current Disneyland / CA Adventure pass holder. WDW X4 visits!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21662

Lookin' Good!

NikkiMouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/19/2015
Posts: 526

I definitely do not think it is crazy to make a spreadsheet. I always make one for my trips even if other people think I am nuts. It helps me keep track of my ADR's and Fast Passes.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

carlsbaddrew wrote:
Thank you! I love the looks we get when we tell our friends were going to WDW alone! Smile

This upcoming trip will be my 4th trip in 3 years and I've NEVER taken a child. I understand the looks. laugh

__________________

carlsbaddrew's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Posts: 156

Yup! My kids are lucky because we live about 50 minutes from Disney - California. We have annual passes usually, so my oldest (5) has already been 35+ times. It's easy just to drop in for 6-8 hours. We'll take them to WDW when they are old enough to handle the long days and maybe even go at it alone for a few hours at a time. My first trip to the world was age 12, and I'll never forget it!

__________________

Current Disneyland / CA Adventure pass holder. WDW X4 visits!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

carlsbaddrew wrote:
Yup! My kids are lucky because we live about 50 minutes from Disney - California. We have annual passes usually, so my oldest (5) has already been 35+ times. It's easy just to drop in for 6-8 hours. We'll take them to WDW when they are old enough to handle the long days and maybe even go at it alone for a few hours at a time. My first trip to the world was age 12, and I'll never forget it!

JEALOUS! I would love to be able to go that often!

lolastardust's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/07/2013
Posts: 375

My husband has made an amazing spreadsheet for our trip. I wouldn't be able to make something so great without him!

Offline
Joined: 09/08/2015
Posts: 11

That looks amazing! Next May will be my first Disney Visit as an Adult and I'm already starting to plan things and get Ideas (too early?). Is there any way I could steal you spreadsheet? I have started trying to make my own but its pretty terrible. Smile
xxx

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Belinda's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/09/2012
Posts: 771

I like doing a spreadsheet too. Easier for me to keep everything straight if I can see it all mapped out! Congrats on your upcoming trip - Disney is so much different without the kiddos!

__________________

** BeLiNdA **

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6526

emmavkirby wrote:
I'm already starting to plan things and get Ideas (too early?).

It's never too early to plan.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker