NikkiMouse and the family hit the parks October 2015

Login to post comments
17 posts / 0 new
NikkiMouse's picture
NikkiMouse and the family hit the parks October 2015

I was going to wait to do my pre-trip report, but I decided that I cannot hold in my excitement any longer. This is our 3rd trip in the past 3 years, and it never, ever gets less exciting to plan.

October 29th:

6am flight from Newark, NJ to MCO. (This was originally a 7:30a flight that got changed to a 8am and then a 9 am. United was fantastic and let us get an earlier flight due to all the changes. Now we will be arriving at MCO by 9:15a)
Check-in at Pop and then off to the MK (Always our first park)
As we will probably be up at 3am for our flight this night we will turn in early to prepare for the next day

October 30th:
3 people, 4 parks day!!!!
Bus to AK for EMH in the morning (breakfast at Pizzafari)
Bus to MK (where we will have our FP+ rides for the day)
Monorail to Epcot (World Showcase only)
Boat to HS (dinner at HS, QS somewhere); Fantasmic at 7:30

October 31st:
Begin day at MK
HS in afternoon (FP+ will be there), dinner at 50's Primetime Cafe and then I am waiting to see if Pop will do anything special for Halloween. I know last year there was a party by the pool. If so, we will return to the resort earlier for that.

November 1st:
Mini golf at Fantasia Gardens in the late morning followed by lunch at Beaches and Cream. We will then go to Epcot for the rest of the day for rides and Illuminations.

November 2nd:
Full day at MK. We will get there for EMH/have lunch at BOG. We will then go back to the resort for some pool and relaxation and then return to MK for Wishes.

November 3rd:
Last day sad
AK day since we do not usually need a full day there. Magical Express back to MCO will probably be around 6pm, so we will have plenty of time if we get there early enough.

We went to MNSSHP last year and my DH did not feel like going again. I am just grateful that we are going to WDW again, so I did not push the issue. My daughter will still dress up and I am sure she will not care about trick or treating too much. We are in Disney after all!

I planned some different experiences this year and other than the one insane 4 parks day (that was all DH; he really wanted to put that on the itinerary), I tried to plan a trip with a little more downtime than we have had on our other trips.

FP+ choices are tentatively decided on. I just need to hope that things work on August 30th when I can make them. My daughter really wants to meet Anna and Elsa, but I was not very successful last year getting that particular FP. Fingers crossed for this year!

Allie's picture

Sounds awesome! Four parks in one day?! You are ambitious! laugh And no worries about MNSSHP, I hear the one on Halloween is crazy busy. Good luck on the FP+...when we booked ours at 60 days out for our September trip last year I had several options open for Anna & Elsa. awesome

fmknightuk's picture

Sounds a great trip yay I would love to do the 4 parks in 1 day, just for fun biggrin Can't wait for you TR awesome

Fiona

Belinda's picture

Funny - I was just talking to my hubby about trying to hit all 4 parks on our last day! He said we need to make some "rules" that will make it a challenge. Not sure what he might come up with... Nikki, your plans sound fantastic!

** BeLiNdA **

JMed's picture

3 parks was a breeze. If we weren't so adamant about hitting so many booths for Flower and garden eats, I would have slipped in HS before heading to MK! You got this!!! Sounds like a blast!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

figgy's picture

LOVE IT! 4 parks in one day! We don't hop so I'm really looking forward to hear how it went! You'll be glad for the earlier flight as traffic can really start to build early around EWR!

August 2016 here we come!

disneydoc's picture

I have done that several times - go in just for a ride/show/food experience and move on to another park

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

NikkiMouse's picture

My husband does not often get excited for Disney, but he is really into doing all the parks in one day. We have full days in all the parks, so I just plan to do some of the less crowded things: PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Indiana Jones (my daughter loves it!), Jungle Trek.....

Then save the FastPass/more popular attractions for our full days. I am really looking forward to seeing it all in one day.

NikkiMouse's picture

figgy wrote:
LOVE IT! 4 parks in one day! We don't hop so I'm really looking forward to hear how it went! You'll be glad for the earlier flight as traffic can really start to build early around EWR!

Oh believe me, I know! I live and work within 20 minutes of EWR. I deal with it everyday. I love driving up there at 5am when the Turnpike and even the airport is practically empty. Such a relaxing way to start our trip. mickey

figgy's picture

NikkiMouse wrote:
figgy wrote:

Oh believe me, I know! I live and work within 20 minutes of EWR. I deal with it everyday. I love driving up there at 5am when the Turnpike and even the airport is practically empty. Such a relaxing way to start our trip. mickey

I used to commute down 21 through Newark what a nightmare! You have my sympathies!

August 2016 here we come!

JoAnn C's picture

sounds like a great trip. I did four parks in one on my last day in February 2014.

NikkiMouse's picture

Nothing new to report. I just wanted to say how excited I am to be at the 4 month mark! Double digits will be here before I know it! mickey mickey mickey

NikkiMouse's picture

Today was the 60 day mark for us! My best friend also happened to go into labor yesterday, so in all the excitement and after sitting in the hospital for many hours, I completely forgot to make our FastPass choices at midnight. I missed getting Anna and Elsa meet and greet, but luckily I managed to snag everything else!

NikkiMouse's picture

On Saturday we finally let the LO in our little secret about the upcoming trip. I woke her up at 6am and told her I needed her up to help me clean the house! She looked a little shell-shocked but got up anyway. At the bottom of the stairs she found her first clue for the scavenger hunt. For the next 30 minutes, she ran around the house until finally she found the exploding box in the dryer with the final clue to see Rapunzel (her doll was waiting for her in the living room). On her lap was the framed countdown! My daughter started yelling and screaming about going and how excited she was.

This is the first year that she knows we are going ahead of time, and I am really looking forward to packing with her and getting everything prepared together rather than trying to do everything in secret. I have also planned to get mani/pedis the day before, which is something that we have not done in the past.

31 days to go mickey mickey mickey

PreviewAttachmentSize
disneyreveal.jpg
disneyreveal.jpg72.2 KB

Belinda's picture

Great idea and how much fun will it be to have her "help" getting things ready?? Her excitement will be contagious! I love getting my mani - pedi and having them put a little Disney flair into it! Love having red nails with white dots or even a 3-circle Mickey on my toes! It won't be long for you now! YAY! yay yay yay

** BeLiNdA **

danijrod's picture

Awww that is so cute! I love it. I bet her face was a picture.

Allie's picture

Adorable scavenger hunt! Love it!