Nikki's November 2012 Trip Report --- w/ pictures --- I'm home! :(

Login to post comments
93 posts / 0 new
nikkirugby13's picture
Nikki's November 2012 Trip Report --- w/ pictures --- I'm home! :(

So with two week's (and a day, technically) to go, I'm "handing-in" my pre-trip report! (I am so sitting at my desk doing the happy dance in anticipation of being in Disney in TWO WEEKS!! Oh wow, so super excited!!)
yay yay yay yay yay yay

We (being my boyfriend & I) are taking this trip with his parents. They're staying for 6 days, we're staying for 10!!! Waahoooo!! clapping clapping clapping

We all leave Thursday night and arrive in Disney around 8:30pm.

We will be magically whisked to our fabulous accommodations in Disney's' BRAND NEW Art of Animation resort by the Disney Magical Express. mickey

We are staying in the Little Mermaid section.

My BF's father has had numerous surgeries: heart, shoulders, knees, back, etc. So while he is an active person, we're all a little concerned with the amount of walking he'll be doing. We're prepared for taking it slow and lots of breaks. We're also prepared for the possibility of a wheel chair but I'm hoping this is not needed crossfingers (and I really don't think it will be " last weekend he was swinging a sledge hammer to remove the stairs of their in-ground swimming pool...I'm thinking he'll be fine! LOL)

We got the PhotoPass+ and we're looking forward to that " I always love the restaurant photos and ride pictures but they are always so costly. I really think the $170.00 will be worth it. (I'll have to report back on that afterwards!)

The future in-laws are on the regular dining plan w/ base tickets. The BF & I are on the Deluxe dining plan w/ park hopper tickets. I'm hoping this all works out in regards to using our dining plan credits for all 4 of us on one meal (I'll report back about that as well!)

Our itinerary breakdown looks like this: (I am such the planner w/ a spreadsheet of our itinerary and, thanks to some advice from Kristin, another spreadsheet with a breakdown of the tip money we will need!)

Thursday, Nov. 1st: Arrive in Disney. Possible late night meal/snack at Landscape of Flavors

Friday, Nov. 2nd: Hollywood Studios Day!!

Lunch reservation at Mama Melrose's at 1:25pm w/ the Fantasmic VIP seating for the 7:30pm show

Saturday, Nov. 3rd: Animal Kingdom Day!!
Breakfast at Tusker House w/ Donald & Friends for 8:15am
Dinner in DTD at Fulton's for 7:50pm

Sunday, Nov. 4th: Magic Kingdom Day!!
Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo Revue for the 8:30pm show " Floor seats!

Monday, Nov. 5th: Epcot Day!!
Food & Wine eating & drinking around the world
Dinner at Rose & Crown for 7:05pm
(my hope is for the magical deck table on the lake for a view of Illuminations @ 9:00pm " I'm not sure how this will work with a 7:05 reservation but it was the latest I could get so fingers crossed!)

Tuesday, Nov. 6th: Relaxation Day!
My BF's parents have an evening flight so we'll probably spend the day lounging around the pool or visiting DTD. Later in the evening my BF and I will probably visit Epcot again for more F&W fun!

Wednesday, Nov. 7th:
Key's to the Kingdom Tour " 8:30am
Lunch @ Cinderella's Castle " 3:50pm
Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse " 9:20pm

Thursday, Nov. 8th: Epcot or Magic Kingdom Day (Friends might be driving up from Fort Lauderdale in which case it would definitely be a F&W Epcot day!)
Dinner at California Grill for 7:50pm (Another crossing-my-fingers-in-hopes-of-a-Fireworks-view-table -dinner! " Fireworks are at 8:00pm --- Oh I hope, I hope, I hope!

Friday, Nov. 9th: Magic Kingdom Day! Hollywood Studios Night " For the Osborne Lights!!!
Dinner at Narcossee's for 9:00 pm
" Here's my 3rd chance for a Fireworks view table " the Holiday Wishes show is at 9:30pm

Saturday, Nov. 10th: We have an evening flight and will probably spend the day in DTD

Well, that's our plan!! Lots of stuff to celebrate " The future in-laws wedding anniversary is right before we leave, the BF's b-day was in mid-September and my b-day is the week we get home. Haven't decided about buttons yet. This is our (BF & I) 3rd year in a row visiting Disney during the F&W Festival. It started with my 30th birthday celebration and has continued, mostly cause it was such a great time. I feel like I take advantage of the buttons when I get the "Happy Birthday" one because it isn't technically my birthday LOL...But I think we'll get the future in-laws an anniversary button. They would love that!

Buttons or no buttons, fireworks view tables or just a glimpse, this girl is just so excited there is absolutely no hiding it!!!!

clapping clapping awesome awesome muchlove muchlove yay yay

Magic Mirror's picture

stars yeah stars

You're almost there !!!! Your trip report looks fantastic ... and I'm seeing LOTS of pixie dust moments!

Thanks for "handing" it in ... we will all be thinking of you and can't wait to hear from you when
you get back....... !!!

muchlove ENJOY ~

angels444's picture

Mixing up your dining with Deluxe Dining will be easy. We did that last trip. Our friends were on regular dining and we were on Deluxe. We just told the server to split the ticket and we all 4 of us shared our 2 app's.

I did this but you dont have to needless to say if we were at a counter service they swiped their card for all 4 of us. If we were at a table services we swiped our card. They had the counter services and we had all the table service. I just hated using our credits or counter services so they paid for those and we would which off and buy dinner.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

nikkirugby13's picture

MM -- Thanks, I'm hoping for lots of pixie dust...but then again, just walking into the parks is enocugh pixie dust!! mickey

Angels -- Thanks for the info about dining. I feel like (from the advice I've gotten on here and read elsewhere) that it differs from person to person. I'm keeping my fingers crossed crossfingers !

TroyW's picture

I see lots of good food on that list, enjoy yourself. Make sure you try those Grey Goose slushes at France if you get the chance.

nikkirugby13's picture

TroyW wrote:
I see lots of good food on that list, enjoy yourself. Make sure you try those Grey Goose slushes at France if you get the chance.

Yuummmmy!! Grey Goose Slushy is a must have!!! yay

finngirl's picture

Oh, and the Torched Cherry Bacardi!

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

TroyW's picture

The Fiesta Margarita Smile and the Grapefruit Beer and...... lol Sorry I'm getting carried away. I didnt do a beer crawl I did an alcohol last week laugh

JoAnn C's picture

clapping clapping clapping clapping

I'm on the deluxe dining plan and my friends have the standard dining plan. We have most meals together and I have a few on my own. I'm planning on getting apps we can share.

I'm getting in at 11/08 and staying at Pop. I'm planning on walking over to AoA for lunch and exploring the resort. Will you be going back to the resort before your dinner reservation? Maybe we can meet up for a drink.

nikkirugby13's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I'm planning on walking over to AoA for lunch and exploring the resort. Will you be going back to the resort before your dinner reservation? Maybe we can meet up for a drink.

I'm not sure of our exact plan that day due to the timing and the general "what if?" of visitors, but I would LOVE to meet for a drink or snack in AOA or PC that Thursday if all works out that way!! It would so super to meet a fellow WDWFG member!!! clapping clapping Hopefully I'll have a better idea of the specifics of that day as it gets closer. Or I'll just PM you my cell and cross my fingers that it works out! crossfingers

nikkirugby13's picture

TroyW wrote:
The Fiesta Margarita Smile and the Grapefruit Beer and...... lol Sorry I'm getting carried away. I didnt do a beer crawl I did an alcohol last week laugh

The Margarita is now on my must half list and coming from a girl who has a strong dislike for beer I think that Grapefruit one might warrant a sip or two! awesome

Mase's picture

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! Cant wait to hear about it!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Okay Mase where do you find all of the Disney animations? There are awesome.

Mase's picture

A lot of googling... lol

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

nikkirugby13's picture

So I checked in online today.... YAY!!!! yay yay yay

I started packing this weekend....(or pileing clothes up on the blanket chest at the foot of my bed)...and I've run into a delimna....I have a great pair of white denim capri's.... And I know the temperatures in Floirda warrant these as a wardobe option, however, what about the "no white after Labor Day" rule?? I'm at a loss here.....Thoughts? LOL biggrin

Mase's picture

Go for it! Disney has no rules! biggrin

- 2013 Trip Report!

Kristen K.'s picture

I think white after Labor Day is fine when traveling to a tropical climate biggrin

nikkirugby13's picture

Every time the reality of only 10 more days sinks in I get butterflies in my stomach! biggrin

Then i get so excited I wanna do a little dance....well actually a long energetic dance.... yeah yeah

I don't think the "no white after Labor Day rule" is a rule anymore. If you want to wear white GO FOR IT! I don't wear white much because it doesn't stay white very long. laugh

finngirl's picture

It it's warm enough to get a tan, it's warm enough to wear white!

Diana

JoAnn C's picture

clapping yay - you reached another milestone of your trip.

Wear the white capris with pride.

finngirl's picture

finngirl wrote:
It it's warm enough to get a tan, it's warm enough to wear white!

If it's, not It it's! Sheesh! I have to watch which keys I'm hitting. laugh

Diana

angels444's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
I don't think the "no white after Labor Day rule" is a rule anymore. If you want to wear white GO FOR IT! I don't wear white much because it doesn't stay white very long. laugh

That is what I thought. That was an old rule of thumb. I never buy white. I can never keep it white shirts white. Any of you ladies out there that has a top shelf you know what I mean. laugh

Magic Mirror's picture

Youre almost in Disney!!!!!!

Wear white! In Florida.....white is ok all year long.

Youre almost in Disney!!!!!!
stars stars

nikkirugby13's picture

Ok, so the white capri's are in the pile to be packed! laugh
Thanks for all the feedback! This Disney forum here is just a fabulous place to be! awesome

Tonight I am getting my hair did! Wohoo! yay I love pre-vacation beautification! laugh laugh laugh

Allie's picture

Only 9 days to go! Sounds like you've got a lot of great food planned, and I'm excited to hear about your Keys to the Kingdom tour! Hubby and I want to do that so badly!

nikkirugby13 wrote:
Ok, so the white capri's are in the pile to be packed! laugh
Thanks for all the feedback! This Disney forum here is just a fabulous place to be! awesome

Tonight I am getting my hair did! Wohoo! yay I love pre-vacation beautification! laugh laugh laugh

I so agree with you. We girls must look our best for the MOUSE! laugh

Magic Mirror's picture

Mickey says its also ok to get a mani and pedi before you go biggrin

angels444's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:

That is why I love Mickey so much, he is sooooo giving. muchlove mickey

It is the people that he works for that is so greedy. rolling

nikkirugby13's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:

laugh laugh That's my plan for 1pm next Thursday. Nice and pretty right before I board the plane. hehe yay

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

I keep looking at your itinerary and my eyes get wide when I see the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. awesome yay

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!