Okay, here we go! - WOOT! ***finally finished! Last day added 1/11***

Login to post comments
37 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

Allie wrote:
Maybe I'm just slow, but what is the anniversary stamp thing? I've never heard of this.... confused

I never heard of it either, we just always add that to our reservation it it's our anniversary and they know when we get there. We had the Mickey confetti and everything this trip at Cali Grill, our table was all decked out when we got there.

Our waiter advised us not to go near that sundae sampler. I think thats going to be leaving the menu.

taratru's picture

There was a row of stamps - birthday, anniversary, etc. - at the host stand. They were stamping the reservation tickets that they give to the server. She did one right before ours, so I was surprised we got nothing. So that's why I said it half jokingly... But man, that girl was rude. The look she gave me! Woo!

It's okay. I wasn't sad, just....surprised.

JMUDukz's picture

mrhub wrote:
Allie wrote:
Maybe I'm just slow, but what is the anniversary stamp thing? I've never heard of this.... confused

I never heard of it either, we just always add that to our reservation it it's our anniversary and they know when we get there. We had the Mickey confetti and everything this trip at Cali Grill, our table was all decked out when we got there.

Our waiter advised us not to go near that sundae sampler. I think thats going to be leaving the menu.

The sundae sampler is AWESOME!!! I do however think it could be an acquired taste. I happen to LOVE basil and can't get enough of it, so I really enjoyed that sundae, and you can never beat a coke float with homemade ice cream. The caramel pudding with the caramel corn was okay, not my fave, but still edible.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Great report and pictures!

taratru's picture

Day Six - Time to Go

I always try to find a later flight so we can spend some last minute time in the parks and today was no exception. Our flight was leaving at 4, so we had a few hours and we always spend our last day in MK.

I had an 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace that we barely made it for! We got a pickup at our room with our luggage to Hospitality House. Did our check in for DME, printed boarding passes and all that jazz. Checked our luggage and waited for our MK bus. It was about 7:25 when we saw a MK bus come into the resort. That bus didn't make it back to HH until 7:50!!!! WHAT?!?!? WHY?!?!? The whole reason I booked the ADR that early was to take pictures and enjoy an empty Main Street and now I knew it wouldn't happen; we'd barely make our ADR!

We booked it off the bus, made it through the gates and up Main Street and checked in right at 8:05. They gave us a buzzer and we hung out front. Man, it was *chilly* this last day! Didn't want to get too far, but tried to get some pictures. Oh! And we met The Mayor! He was quite kind and wished us a happy anniversary. So sweet...I wish I had gotten a picture.
IMG_3124
IMG_3134
IMG_3142
IMG_3142
IMG_3150
IMG_3152

Breakfast was just fine. The food and coffee were good, nothing great. DH's tummy was NOT good this day, and I felt so bad for him. He was such a good sport. He played along with the characters and we had a great time.

After breakfast, we swung by the Starbucks so I could enjoy one of my favorite drinks in one of my favorite places!
IMG_3165
IMG_3166

We hit up Space Mountain again, decided it was too chilly for Splash, did Big Thunder, and some other rides and then hit Main Street for shopping. This is always bittersweet, because we know we're heading home. On a side note, I love the back of the castle. Smile
IMG_3169
And of course, took time to touch the glass slipper!
IMG_3163

We headed out to the bus about noon to get back to OKW on time, which we did. I took a few pics of the resort
IMG_3173
IMG_3175
IMG_3176

I bought some last minute snacks and treats for the girls at OKW, then we were on DME, back to reality. We had an uneventful checkin and flight back to Colorado and now I'm counting down the single digit days until my next fix, only a month until another Florida trip, a student field trip in April and turning my sights toward DL in August and WDW for Food and Wine in November!

Thanks for traveling with me. I love reading these, so I hope it was helpful to someone out there!

Allie's picture

Awesome job getting your TR done just in time for your next one! Have a fantastic trip in 3 days! clapping