Organizing Travel Documents

Login to post comments
47 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2013
Posts: 36

I'm making a small version to see how it turns out first rolling This one will be a 5x7 size. Then if this works out good, its onto to an 8 1/2 by 11 size Smile I have all the pieces cut out now and pinned together, so tomorrow, I'll start sewing Smile Ill try to take some pix along the way so you all can see what it's all about wink

__________________

Magical Dreams & Pixie Dust,

Shelly

My Disney Passion Blog

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

Oh yes......pictures please!

Offline
Joined: 08/14/2013
Posts: 36

Ok so I'm seriously questioning this lol I have Yao keep reminding myself this is scaled down so trying to imagine it full wise is taking some doing.

PreviewAttachmentSize
My mess.jpg
My mess.jpg1.16 MB
__________________

Magical Dreams & Pixie Dust,

Shelly

My Disney Passion Blog

Offline
Joined: 08/14/2013
Posts: 36

And of the progress

PreviewAttachmentSize
Cover pocket page one inside pocket.jpg
Cover pocket page one inside pocket.jpg1.06 MB
__________________

Magical Dreams & Pixie Dust,

Shelly

My Disney Passion Blog

Offline
Joined: 05/20/2013
Posts: 166

Interesting. So, the top center opens up & than it has one or two pockets on the outside of each side? Will/would there be plastic between two layers of fabric to keep it from puddling on to the bottom of the bag when stood upright in a carry on or personal bag & to provide some protection to the papers stored in it so they don't end up a wrinkled/torn mess?

Offline
Joined: 08/14/2013
Posts: 36

Yes!!! Im cutting plastic to fit from some tabbed inserts I had laying around. They are flexible enough to be cut easily, but makes the "pages" rigid enough to withstand wear and tear. Ive also found some zippered pouches and I'm thinking of putting in a 3 ring binder insert. It will be held together by a spine and have a loop/button closure. I keep adding things to it lol

__________________

Magical Dreams & Pixie Dust,

Shelly

My Disney Passion Blog

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

Very talented! We have the best crafters on this site....wonderful job! awesome

Offline
Joined: 05/20/2013
Posts: 166

disneyluvshelly wrote:
Yes!!! Im cutting plastic to fit from some tabbed inserts I had laying around. They are flexible enough to be cut easily, but makes the "pages" rigid enough to withstand wear and tear. Ive also found some zippered pouches and I'm thinking of putting in a 3 ring binder insert. It will be held together by a spine and have a loop/button closure. I keep adding things to it lol

Omg. It sounds perfect. Have you considered selling them on Etsy once you've the design & building process figured out? It sounds like something I would seriously consider buying especially if it could be personalized with my choice of fabric color/patter, with or without tabbed divider inserts etc.

Offline
Joined: 08/14/2013
Posts: 36

If I can make this work, I was thinking just that Smile

__________________

Magical Dreams & Pixie Dust,

Shelly

My Disney Passion Blog

Offline
Joined: 05/20/2013
Posts: 166

disneyluvshelly wrote:
If I can make this work, I was thinking just that Smile

yay clapping yay Really excited about this. I like what I have now but it's not particularly attractive & has no personality. I've though about making a case for what I currently use but if I could just buy something that would be wonderful. I don't know if you've thought about it but you should consider making it so the plastic inserts/core/body could be removed so the fabric "case" could be washed. I can see how with frequent use particularly in a home with kids, animals, by clumsy owner or on a plane it could become rather dingy looking over time if not outright dirty. Sew in Velcro would probably be the easiest way to achieve this.

Offline
Joined: 08/14/2013
Posts: 36

revral wrote:
disneyluvshelly wrote:
If I can make this work, I was thinking just that Smile

yay clapping yay Really excited about this. I like what I have now but it's not particularly attractive & has no personality. I've though about making a case for what I currently use but if I could just buy something that would be wonderful. I don't know if you've thought about it but you should consider making it so the plastic inserts/core/body could be removed so the fabric "case" could be washed. I can see how with frequent use particularly in a home with kids, animals, by clumsy owner or on a plane it could become rather dingy looking over time if not outright dirty. Sew in Velcro would probably be the easiest way to achieve this.

Yes! Velcro has become my best friend Smile Tell me more about what you use? What do you need for this? I have so many crazy ideas running around in my head! lol I'm really excited about this project, I think I'd like to customize it to each person's needs and wants Smile

__________________

Magical Dreams & Pixie Dust,

Shelly

My Disney Passion Blog

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

JeffC wrote:
I keep a binder with clear protective covers that everything goes into. I needed everything in one place or I get nervous I am forgetting something mickey

I also keep a clear plastic folio to hold all our documents. I have a weekly planner document and I move the "day" version to one tab each day so I don't get confused. It's easy to get confused at my age! wheelchair

I get anxious if things aren't organized! mickey

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4657

^^^^

Me too, it must be a NH trait. laugh

__________________

Offline
Joined: 05/20/2013
Posts: 166

disneyluvshelly wrote:
revral wrote:
disneyluvshelly wrote:
If I can make this work, I was thinking just that Smile

yay clapping yay Really excited about this. I like what I have now but it's not particularly attractive & has no personality. I've though about making a case for what I currently use but if I could just buy something that would be wonderful. I don't know if you've thought about it but you should consider making it so the plastic inserts/core/body could be removed so the fabric "case" could be washed. I can see how with frequent use particularly in a home with kids, animals, by clumsy owner or on a plane it could become rather dingy looking over time if not outright dirty. Sew in Velcro would probably be the easiest way to achieve this.

Yes! Velcro has become my best friend Smile Tell me more about what you use? What do you need for this? I have so many crazy ideas running around in my head! lol I'm really excited about this project, I think I'd like to customize it to each person's needs and wants Smile

disneyluvshelly wrote:
revral wrote:
disneyluvshelly wrote:
If I can make this work, I was thinking just that Smile

yay clapping yay Really excited about this. I like what I have now but it's not particularly attractive & has no personality. I've though about making a case for what I currently use but if I could just buy something that would be wonderful. I don't know if you've thought about it but you should consider making it so the plastic inserts/core/body could be removed so the fabric "case" could be washed. I can see how with frequent use particularly in a home with kids, animals, by clumsy owner or on a plane it could become rather dingy looking over time if not outright dirty. Sew in Velcro would probably be the easiest way to achieve this.

Yes! Velcro has become my best friend Smile Tell me more about what you use? What do you need for this? I have so many crazy ideas running around in my head! lol I'm really excited about this project, I think I'd like to customize it to each person's needs and wants Smile

Shelly - I sent you a pm with my description of what I use & what I like & don't like about it. Figured this thread didn't need to be hijacked by us going back forth.

kywildcatchick's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/30/2013
Posts: 281

I have been inspired! Heading to Office depot this afternoon!!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

CdnSquirrel's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/12/2013
Posts: 365

I'm thinking of putting together a binder with poly pockets to store all important stuff. I use a similar system at my workplace for archiving document templates.